Six.

Eternal Paradise.

 

Something purred as it his fingers. He pushed it aside as it tickled.

“Meow,” the fur ball purred as it was pushed.

Where am I?

Kai sat up straight.

“Ow.” He massaged the temple of his head.

He was in a peculiar room. It was small; But cosy. He was sitting in the middle of the room wrapped in a pink duvet. The room was filled with small pink stuffed toys and amongst them he spotted a yellow Pikachu. There were unfinished puzzles on the table and a half eaten chocolate bar on the table. The room was filled with many pink things. The walls were covered posters of boy bands. SHINee, B.A.P, Beast, DBSK, Exo; How childish. His eyes roamed a bit more and landed on a picture frame on the table.

“Ugh,” he grunted as he took all his might to stand up. Finally after a lot of he arrived at the table.

Even the table was pink. It was covered with some sort of science homework. The handwriting was messy.

Then his eyes fixed upon the picture frame. It held a photo; In the middle of it was a young looking Krystal. She was sitting in between an elderly looking couple. Her parents, he assumed. They were surrounded with a few people; a blond haired tall male showing a peace sign, another tall male but this one gave an oppa aura, a short but beautiful girl with blond locks, a young Se Hun smiling happily while standing hand in hand with a long jet black hair who was wearing a leg cast and the guy from Krystal’s locker.

He had never seen Krystal smile so cheerfully. What was more shocking was the fact that Se Hun had an expression on his face other than his usual not-amused face.

“Kai-sshi,” a voice behind him spoke. He turned around quickly and as if he was guilty he quickly said “I didn’t touch anything.”

Se Hun rolled his eyes and placed a basin of water next to the duvet, “What’s that you’re holding then?”

“Um,” Kai his nape and gave out a small laugh, “You caught me.”

“Krystal would flip is she saw you with that,” Se Hun pointed, “It’s a good thing she’s gone to send the dogs.”

“Why?” Kai asked curiously, “Does it have to do with this guy?”

“Jackpot,” Se Hun calmly said as he folded the duvet and covers.

“Tell me,” Kai pleaded as he looked to Se Hun, “Please.”

“Why should I?”

“Please.”

“Se Hun didn’t even bother to look at Kai. With his head facing the ground he began, “That picture was taken about 2 years ago at a family house in Japan. It was the last picture of them.”

“Them?” Kai asked.

“Mr and Mrs Jung, Kris hyung, Taemin and Sulli,” he gave out a loud sigh, “The Jungs invited me, Sulli and Taemin to spend winter break to go skiing in Japan.”

“Who is this?” Kai pointed to a familiar face and asked again with curiosity.

“He was a good friend of mine. And he was Krystal’s boyfriend,” Se Hun smiled slightly as if he was reminiscing, “Jaejoong hyung already warned us not to try to find the diamond snow. It was too dangerous. But since it was the last day of winter break, Taemin really wanted to show Krystal the diamond snow. Mr and Mrs Jung couldn’t say no.”

He stopped and took a deep breath. Se Hun wasn’t usually like this and Kai could tell.

“On the way back, it was snowing heavily. Tae, Krys and I had a race to see who could arrive first,” Se Hun bit his inner cheeks to stop the tears from falling, “Taemin slipped and fell.”

Se Hun stopped. His face had already turned tomato red and he bit his lips until there were purple.

“He fell down the mountainside,” Se Hun continued, “Krystal and I didn’t even realize. We were already too far ahead. We had left Mr and Mrs Jung behind with Kris hyung and Sulli.”

“I’m so sorry,” Kai patted his back.

“We waited. First it was 5 minutes. Then it was 15. Then it was 30. We went back. All I remember seeing was Kris hyung hanging on to his dear life. We screamed for help but no one heard,” Se Hun buried his face, “Then Kris hyung fell.”

Se Hun’s fingers balled up into a fist, “Krystal’s world collapsed. Taemin and Sulli’s family sued her. She lost everything. ”

“Se Hun-ah,” a gentle voice appeared at the door, “What’s going on?”

Kai had seen her before. It was the beautiful girl with the blond hair in the photo.

“Sica-noona,” Se Hun quickly composed himself.

“Where is Soo Jung?” she asked as another familiar face entered the room.

“Who’s this?” the blond cheerful guy from the photo asked.

“Annyoheyseyo,” Kai greeted, “I’m Kim Jongin. Krystal’s friend.”

“Jongin?” Jessica walked over to him and touched his face, “You seem familiar.”

“Noona,” Se Hun quickly interrupted.

“Ah yes,” Jessica pulled her hand feeling embarrassed, “Are you staying for dinner?”

“Ani,” Kai said.

“Neh,” Se Hun said.

“Um,” Kai was dumbfounded, “I guess so.”

“What’s with the basin of water?” Jessica asked.

“He wasn’t feeling well and nearly collapsed at the park,” Se Hun, who had returned to his normal expressionless self, replied.

“He looks a little tired,” Jaejoong felt his forehead, “And he’s burning.”

“Have a lie down,” Jessica patted on the duvet, “Jae honey, can you lend him some of your clothes?”

“I’ll be back,” Jaejoong said as he disappeared out the door.

“I’ll cook him some hot water to wash himself,” Jessica nodded.

“There’s no need,” Kai shook his head, “I’m fine.”

“You just have a rest. Any friend of Krystal is like family. Anyway, you look like you’ve gone through a tiring day.” Jessica said as she exited the room. Kai could see that her day was probably more tiring.

“Get some rest,” Se Hun said.

“Thanks for telling me by the way,” Kai touched Se Hun’s shoulders.

“Don’t get the wrong idea,” Se Hun said as he brushed off Kai’s hand, “You just remind me of Taemin. And I miss him.”

 

_______

Sorry sorry for the late update. This story is kinda bringing me to a dead end. Sorry and enjoy :)