Chapter 5

Romeo and Juliet

 

“Fai-chan!!” a guy called out as he caught up with Fai, who was now on her way in walking towards the school’s cafeteria.

 

 “Oh.. Shori.. Douanou?” Fai asked as she turned to the direction of the slightly taller guy beside her.

 

 “There’s this guy at the front gate waiting for you.” The latter panted, catching his breath. “The guard told me that he was already there since 1pm and he wouldn’t leave whatever he was told.”

 

 “Ah! I almost forgot!” Fai exclaimed as she now ran towards the direction of the front gates.

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

 Meanwhile..

 

 “Hai..Wakarimata~” Amu said in a gloomy voice with her head slightly lowered as she slowly exited the guidance counselor’s office.

 

 See, she had lost her identification card and she really didn’t know where it is. She never fails to put it inside her bag after school and all she remembers is that she used her school bag yesterday when she went to the grocery store and she still saw it in there before leaving the grocery store.

 

 She was told that she wouldn’t be able to find her identification card by tomorrow, she would have to pay for the processing fee for another I.D. card..and not to mention that she also have to load balance to it so that she would have credits to spend to allow herself to buy from the school cafeteria and from other school premises. Her lost identification card has more or less 3,000 yen on it. That was her allowance for the whole month, darn it, and she just lost it. Now, she have to pay for cancelling that account and for the processing and reloading of another card. GREAT. She couldn’t just ask her mom for money, it’s not that simple folks, because her parents are in New York right now, arranging business with clients that would probably outcome to a tsunami of money, and here Amu is…desperate for at least a thousand yen.

 

  Well, as you might have already absorbed, this school is a high-tech school, allowing only those children from upper class families to be enrolled. There are no scholars here. The president, the principal, the teachers, and most of the students here…they are all discriminating people. About sixty percent of this school’s population only come to school for the sake of getting diplomas, no more, no less. They just pay their tuition and bribe the greedy administrators with money so that they don’t have to review for their examinations in order to pass.

 

 - -

 

 Amu slowly closed the door without a sound and then she started walking quietly when a familiar person accidentally ran into her, sending them both stumbling to hit the floor.

 

 “Itee~~” they said in unison as they both stood up straight and dusted off their hurt backs.

 

 “H-hontou ni gomen nasai!!” the person who sent her stumbling bowed HER apologies to Amu, which was an unusual sight in this kind of school.

 

 “D-daijobu..” Amu said as the latter had already lifted her head up. “Ogata-san must be in a hurry ne?” she guessed.

 

 “Eeh~~ Call me by my first name. ‘Ogata-san’ is a bit too formal.”

 

 “Ah.. okay so it’s Fai-chan, dayo ne??”

 

 “Hai! And I’ll call you Amu-chan from now on, is that okay??”

 

 “Hai..”

 

 “And so.. since we’re now informal to each other.. Can I ask you to come with me??” Fai pleaded.

 

 “D-demo…”

 

 “ARIGATOU! IKUZO!!” Fai suddenly took her hand and dragged her off, not waiting for her reply.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 

 “Yuya-niichan.. Amu muttered under her breath as she looked up at the guy who was standing in front of her and her newly-made friend, Fai.

 

 “A-re? You guys know each other?” Fai asked as she saw the two people staring skeptically at each other. Her sight then changed its direction as her gaze fell upon the masculine figure of Keito,  who was sitting on a nearby bench inside the campus with some of his friends, including Daiki, who wore a different uniform because he isn’t from this campus.

 

 “Ne, you guys, we have to go now before  Keito sees us..” Fai said as she nodded her head over to Keito’s direction and Yuya just agreed. Amu agreed too. Of course she wasn’t clueless that these two people’s families have a never-ending feud with the other’s

 

 They went off, Yuya and Fai’s hands intertwined.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~~

 

 “Now.”  Keito said as he saw Yuya and Fai finally leave the school. He then stood up and walked outside, Daiki catching up with him.

 

 “So where do we go?” Daiki asked as he eyed the one particular girl who was walking beside Fai, their backs to them.

 

 “We follow them.”

 

                                                                                                >>CHAPTER END<<