Unexpected Caller

Destiny Will Always Finds Its Way

James and Ann was about to kiss when suddenly.....

*RING* *RING* *RING*

Ann: Hello?

Caller: Is this Ann?

Ann: Yes. Who is this?

Caller: I’m Mariel Delos Santos. Former President of the Delos Santos Company. I heard you want to apply? Is that right?

Ann: Yes, Ma’am. 

Ms. Delos Santos: Do you have the needed files for your form?

Ann: Yes, Ma’am.

Ms. Delos Santos: Okay, I’ll ask you right now. I hope you can answer it, okay?

Ann: Yes, Ma’am.

James on the other side, really don’t know what Ann is talking about. He’s very much 
clueless. Ann spoke again.

Ms. Delos Santos: What is your experience on this job?

Ann: Uhm..Unfortunately, I studied fashion designing since I was a kid. I went to a school
for young designers. I really have a good sense of fashion so I know I can get along easily with this kind of job.

So on, The interview went on. Ann answered really fast that amazed Ms. Delos Santos.

Ms. Delos Santos: So Ann, If you’re willing to attend on this job anytime soon, just call me. Okay?

Ann: Of course, Ms. Mariel.

Ms. Delos Santos: Okay Ann.*call ended*

“Who was that?” James asked his lovely girlfriend while snaking his arms around her slim waist. Yes, slim.

“Its Ms. Mariel!!” Ann said excitedly. She was also planning to attend on this kind of job. 
James doesn’t even know who this Mariel is. After minutes of thinking who is that Mariel, James began to speak again.

“Ah. Aunt Marie.” James replied to her. Saying aunt like that is such a great pleasure to him to say ‘Aunt Marie’ because Mariel is a famous designer. And most of all she is Ann’s idol. Ann on the other side is still not believing that her boyfriend is Mariel’s nephew. Well, that was on first, She just believed him when James face began to be serious.

“WOW!! James! Please tell her to pick me! Please!!” Ann said while flashing her famous puppy dog eyes that no one can resist.

“NO WAY!” James answered her. Ann made a cute pout which James saw with his own bare eyes. He can’t stand making Ann sad. But he can’t also make Ann suffer. What could he do? His aunt is a terror.

“WTF?! Ann!! Why does she have to do that? She’s freaking making me want to agree in her! But I can’t just let her work for my aunt. She’s a terror! One time when her Assistant didn’t bring her, her coffee she began yelling at her! I can’t let that happen to Ann.” James thought.

“Pretty Please with cherries on top! Please, James?” Ann begged. Now she is sitting on the ground like a beggar who is begging for some food. But James didn’t agree once more.

“No Ann.” James said while looking at Ann who is trying to stand up. And looking angry. She went to James and said.

“If you don’t want then fine! I’m breaking up with you!” Ann threatened James. 

“You wouldn’t dare!” James said.

“I would.” Ann said feeling sure that she would really do that. When exactly their friends came. And Ann thought a perfect plan.

“Hello Guys!! Did you know that I broke up with James?” Ann said smiling. Which caught her friends off guard on what Ann is saying.

“Huh?” Bret asked her as if he didn’t hear what she said.

“What wrong with you people?! I said I-BROKE-UP-WITH-JAMES!!” Ann said emphasizing every word. After that she walked out.

“What’s wrong with her?” Bret asked James who is completely sighing the moment Bret asked him.

“Just a misunderstanding.” James simply replied.

“Tell us. Maybe we can help you.” Yen said. She knows her best friend can’t resist them. Before James tell them he let out a deep sigh then tell them about the misunderstanding they encountered.

“Ann is really like that.” Fretzie commented on her best friend.

“And when it’s really about her job or dreams she like to threatened people just so that 
they would allow her. But you refused her, James.” Tricia said. After what they said, 
James felt guilty refusing her. But still it wouldn’t change just a bit of his decision. When he went home, he directly went to his room. He was in a very deep thought when his phone rang.

James: Hello?

Girl: James, meet me at the park.

James: Ann?