My crush had a crash and it's all my fault

A Very WonKyu Bicycle Love Story

 

 

They were quiet for a while and Siwon seemed to have slowed down his pedaling once they got out of that property. Then he suddenly blurted out. “Seemed like you enjoyed your stay there.”

 

Kyuhyun snorted. “What are you talking about? You were the one enjoying yourself by the pool.” He suddenly covered his mouth when he realized what he said.

 

                “How did you know we were by the pool? Were you spying on me?” Siwon .

 

                “No I wasn’t!” Kyuhyun said defensively, a bit loud at that.

 

                “Then you didn’t have to shout your denial.” Siwon was enjoying himself teasing Kyuhyun.

 

                “Then stop insisting that I was watching you enjoying your talk with her because I wasn’t!”

 

                “Who said I’m insisting? And why are you being defensive?” Siwon couldn’t help a chuckle escaping from his throat. This conversation is getting too cute for him.

 

                “And who told you I’m being defensive?! There’s nothing to defend. I just said I saw you and that girl happily talking and…and…” Kyuhyun was flustered when he realized that he was babbling. “Stop the bicycle, please. I want to get off.”

 

                “Why do you want to get off? We’re still too far from our street to walk by yourself and it’s already dark. Besides, what’s gone into you?” Siwon was puzzled with Kyuhyun’s sudden change of behavior.

 

                “Just stop it or I’ll jump.”

               

                “You know that that will be a stupid and dangerous thing to do.” Siwon continued pedaling.

 

                “I mean it hyung.” Kyuhyun let go of his hold on Siwon to let him know that he is serious.

 

                “All the more reason I won’t stop.”

 

                “You leave me no choice.” Kyuhyun said and jumped off. He stumbled when he landed on the ground but he regained his footing and run a bit to gain his momentum which was totally opposite of what happened to Siwon. The bicycle got unbalanced when he kicked off to jump and Siwon looking over his shoulder and not stopping immediately made things inevitable. They momentarily caught each other’s eyes before the bicycle crashed into the sidewalk. Siwon’s grip slipped from the handle which caused him to slam his body on the handle bar. Rider and bicycle both fell on the pavement scraped and bruised.

 

                “Oh my god! Siwon!” Kyuhyun shouted horrified at what happened. He started running to where Siwon had crashed.

 

Siwon was dazed. One of his legs was pinned by the fallen bicycle, his pants caught in its gear. He tried pushing the bike off of himself and it was only then did he notice the pain in his arm.

 

Kyuhyun rushed to his side crying. Feeling guilty for Siwon’s accident. “I’m sorry hyung. I’m sorry. Please don’t hate me. Please don’t. ” He repeatedly said while helping his friend get untangled from the bicycle.

 

Siwon was in pain from the fall but he couldn’t find it in himself to hate Kyuhyun. strangely, he was even glad that the accident happened to him instead of the younger boy.  “Hush now. Nothing terrible happened. Just help me up and let’s go on our way again.” He even made an effort to smile to strengthen his assurance.

 

Kyuhyun was shocked with Siwon’s nonchalance over what happened. “Why aren’t you mad at me? How can you say that nothing terrible happened?!” Kyuhyun’s voice was getting a hysterical tone. “It’s my fault you got hurt! If I listened to you and didn’t jump off then you wouldn’t be in this condition!” Tears kept on falling on Kyuhyun’s cheeks as he said those words.

 

Siwon felt something prick his heart watching Kyuhyun guiltily crying. “Shhh, don’t cry. I’m alright. Still in one piece. That’s what’s important right?” He tried raising his hand to wipe the falling tears but the pain that shot through was excruciating. He cringed, biting his lips to keep himself from shouting. Kyuhyun realized that he has to push away the panic and replace it with clear thinking. “Siwon, I think I should call someone to pick us up. Your condition will get worse if we try to go home on our own.”

 

Siwon resignedly nodded to Kyuhyun. His body hurts so much now he just wanted to lie down on the ground but Kyuhyun won’t let him. Instead, Kyuhyun positioned himself behind Siwon and let the bigger boy rest his body against him and took out his mobile phone to call his dad for help.

Kyuhyun wrapped one arm around Siwon and Siwon in turn snuggled closer surprised how their bodies seem to fit and he sighed contentedly in their position. Siwon let his mind drift off to forget the pain but it went into pondering things like would they be able to find themselves snuggling like this if this were a different situation? Should he be thankful that he had this accident for making him experience this moment? 

 

 

-tbc-

p.s.

please make me happy by leaving a comment or two before you exit my page. thanks!!