the cousins

A Very WonKyu Bicycle Love Story

 

 

 

Two days later and the morning starts as usual for the two boys, Siwon cleared his throat in the middle of their bantering as if he had something else to say.

 

                “Kyuhyun.”

               

                “Hmmm.”

 

                “Anica has invited me to her house after class today and I’ve decided to accept her invitation because she said she’d be willing to ride with me on this bicycle. Well, I just really wanted to know what it feels like to have a girl ride with me. You know. Maybe I’ll enjoy it.” Siwon chuckled not noticing that the conversation had turned into a monologue. “So…will it be okay with you if you go home by yourself this afternoon?”

 

Kyuhyun was somehow taken aback with Siwon’s statement. This will be the first time in quiet a while that he’d be going home by himself. He didn’t know why he suddenly felt sad. And as they approached the downhill road he let go of his hold on Siwon’s waist and just gripped tightly on the bicycle seat so as not to fall off. Siwon readily noticed the absence of Kyuhyun’s hand around his waist but only voiced it out when they were already near the school gate.

 

                “Kyuhyun? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Siwon asked when they’ve finally entered.

 

                 “Nothing.” Kyuhyun quietly answered.

 

“Nothing? Then why did you let go of your hold on me? You could have fallen off the bicycle!” Siwon said eyebrows knitting in confusion.

 

“Yes. Nothing’s wrong and I didin’t fall off so if you’ll excuse me, I’ll just go ahead of you. Thanks for the ride.”

 

Siwon felt weird. This is the first time that Kyuhyun went to the building ahead of him and thanking him for the ride. He decided to shrug it off for the mean time. 

 

The whole day seemed to drag on for Kyuhyun. He avoided having lunch with Siwon by hiding behind the school building instead of the rooftop where they usually eat.  He just gave his friend a fake irritated look when Siwon relentlessly threw paper balls at him to get his attention. Finally, the end of the last class was signaled and everyone filed out of the classroom. Anica hovered over Siwon saying something like he should hurry up so they can get to her house faster.

 

There were only four people left in the classroom and Kyuhyun had to pass the three before going through the door. “I’ll go ahead, Siwonnie. Anica noona.”  Kyuhyun kept a straight face while bowing and left.  Anica’s mouth hung open when she heard him call her noona because she was sure she’s not much older than him but she was never fast enough to come up with a witty answer.

 

Siwon couldn’t say anything back. He just felt his heart flutter when he heard Kyuhyun call him that way but he felt that something had changed but he couldn’t possibly tell what it is at the moment.

Anica stood aside while impatiently waiting for the boy fetching his bicycle from the bike stand. Said boy couldn’t quite remove the lock because his concentration was at the boy who was walking out of the campus with his head down.

 

                “Is it that difficult to unlock?” the girl couldn’t hide her impatience.

 

                “Huh? Oh I’m done already. Let’s go.”

 

Siwon hurriedly pedaled away to at least be able to accompany his friend. He really doesn’t want to see him walking home alone. But when he was about to catch up with Kyuhyun, a pink car pulled up beside him and the other new student called out. “Hey classmate. Need a lift? I think our home is on the same direction.”

 

Kyuhyun would have declined but just then, Siwon and Anica were about to pass them by and he saw the two giggling together so he agreed hesitantly.

 

                “You’re Kyuhyun, right? I’m Sungmin by the way in case you weren’t listening when I introduced myself in class.” The car driver smilingly told him.

 

Kyuhyun who sat with his hands on his lap and his head hung low so as not to glance at the fading view of Siwon was startled out of his reverie. “Uh? No. no. Of course I heard you when you made your introduction. We just haven’t had the opportunity to get to know each other.”

 

                “Swell.   Then would you like to come over to my house. I heard them say you have a good voice, I can let you try out the mini recording studio.”

 

                “Y-you have one?” Kyuhyun’s eyes bulge out.

 

                “A-huh. And an infinity swimming pool at the backyard too.” Sungmin said nonchalantly. “So would you come along?”

 

                “S-sure.”

 

Sungmin then stepped it up and eventually passed by Siwon and Anica on the bicycle. They were entering the Lee estate within the next fifteen minutes. Kyuhyun had to puff his cheeks to prevent himself from exclaiming in awe.

 

                “Come in.” Sungmin invited. “Let’s head to the studio right now.” But before they can go upstairs, a middle aged man who looked like the butler of the house emerged from the backrooms. “Glad you’re home early Sungmin. Did you have a good time in school?”

 

                “We’ll talk later Ap…Ahjussi. “ dismissed Sungmin and he motioned Kyuhyun to follow him. The hurt look on the old man didn’t escape the young boy’s notice so when their eyes met, he smiled apologetically and bowed.

Sungmin was in the middle of explaining to him how all the knobs and levers in the studio work when the older man from before came into the room bearing some sandwiches and drinks. “Anica just arrived.” he quietly declared and went out again. 

 

Anica?  Kyuhyun thought. THE Anica who was with Siwon earlier? Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. She and Sungmin are cousin’s. Then that would mean Siwon is here too, right? That’s what he told me. He said this girl invited him to her house and apparently this is also her house.  Kyuhyun face palmed himself subconsciously. What have I gotten myself into? I was trying to avoid Siwon but we still ended up in the same place. I think I should leave before he knows I’m here. 

 

 

 

-tbc-

 

*WonKyu*WonKyu*WonKyu

dear readers,

please don't hate Anica. I made her part of the story but she's a real person. She's a friend of mine and she's the one who actually made the wonderful poster for this story. 

sincerely,

wonsugarkyub