The Deal

When Ice Princess meets the Ice Prince

Min Young massage the back of her neck, trying to ease the pain she got from last night saving Kim Myungsoo. She stood in front of her body length mirror, staring at her reflection after a warm morning shower. Her hair is still damp even though she already rubbed it with her towel. Her uniform is perfectly ironed by Chunji — he insist to take care of her clothes — and her lips chapped a bit. 

“Noona,” Changjo said as he slowly open the door. Min Young turned to him, squinting her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. As if he read her mind, Changjo continued “I knocked several times and you didn’t answer, so I was worried and came in…” 

“What do you want now?” Min Young asked, she took her hair dryer and then blow dry her damp hair in an awkward way. Changjo chuckled, watching Min Young struggled to make her hair dry. Changjo walked towards Min Young and then he grabbed her hair dryer. Min Young was about to take it back but Changjo insist to help her. He switched on the hair dryer and he combed her soft, fluffy hair in a very skilful way to blow dry her hair. 

Changjo smile when he saw Min Young looked so calm and comfortable. 

“Oh noona, what’s your mission?” he asked as he remembered why he wanted to see her. Min Young took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself. Changjo sensed something wrong with her so he dig some more. “I heard that its a very classified mission, why?”

“Changjo,” Min Young called his name. Changjo awaits for her scary glare but instead it was silence afterward. “Do you want to take this personal mission?” she finally continued. 

Changjo sighed as he finished drying her hair. He switched off the hair dryer and then he picked up her bag beside her bed. He gave it to Min Young and she grabbed it. 

“As much as you want to take your revenge, you can’t just give someone else your personal mission, noona,” he said after few minutes silence from him. He softly pats her shoulder with an encouraging smile hanging on his lips. “This is your first personal mission, so have fun a little, hm?” 

“Whatever.”

Min Young walked out from her room. 

“HAVE FUN,” Changjo shouted after Min Young shut her door. 

 

 

 

 

“Ice Prince, wait up!” Sungyeol catched up with Myungsoo who is coolly walk with his own pace. Myungsoo rolled his eyes, tucked both of his hands in his pockets as he tried to warm himself. 

“Stop calling me with that stupid nickname,” growled Myungsoo. 

“Then stop acting like it,” replied Sungyeol who shrugged his shoulders, like he’s stating a fact. Myungsoo didn’t want to argue with it because it was an unnecessary argument in the early morning. “Oh ! The gate is closing!” Sungyeol fasten his pace when he saw the security guard of the school dragging the old rusty gate, closing it. 

Myungsoo watch him running, trying to make it in time. Myungsoo doesn’t really care about it so he just continue on his own pace. 

Just then, a cold breeze of wind caught his sight. He turned to that direction and when his eyes laid upon it, everything is in slow motion in his world. Her straight jet black hair, softly followed the wind’s direction as she ran. He caught her scent when her hair slightly slap his face when she got passed him. 

 

Lavender 

 

He stood there for a couple of minute, trying to catch that familiar scent but after that, he shrugged it off as if it was nothing. 

That unnecessary image of it slowly fade in his memory. 

 

———————————————————————

 

Myungsoo dropped his head on his table. He let out a silent sigh as he closed his eyes shut. He remembered every detail that night, except for ‘her’.

The light was shining so bright but for him, she shines the brightest that night. Her deep and awkward voice gave him a tingling sensation in his heart and her eyes —sharp and dark orbs. The main thing on her is that mask, hiding her identity. 

“Will I see her again?” he asked himself, looking at the ground with his forehead rest on his desk. 

“Kim Myungsoo,” said a person who is now standing beside him. “I don’t want to waste my time here, watching you napping till the end of the day. Your homework, now.

Myungsoo lift his head and now, he is in a staring —more to glaring— contest with Bang Min Young who is the last person Myungsoo wants to see today. 

“Don’t call me with that name,” Myungsoo snapped. He gave her a stronger glare before he dug his bag for his homework. He shoved his homework into her chest as he get up from his seat. He smirked when he saw that annoyed face on hers. He walked away without looking back but then, he stopped. 

“Hey, MyungMyung,” Min Young called him. “Be fcking grateful” she hissed as she passed him with their shoulders softly brushed each out and then she walked out from the classroom. Myungsoo stood there for awhile. He balled his hand into a tight fist, gritting his teeth.

Just before he wanted to storm his way out to grab a fist full of Min Young’s hair, a couple of girls came in with one of them had her hands behind her back. 

“A-ah, L oppa,” she shyly said while fiddling with her hand behind her back. Myungsoo glared at her but then he realised that she’s one of that snobby popular girls in the school. An idea popped in his head. 

He switched to his charming smile and shined it to that girl within a second. 

 

Wait and see, Bang Min Young. He thought as he skilfully seduced that girl. 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Min Young breathe out when she finally finished collecting her classmate’s homework. She massaged her neck as she made her way to a vending machine. She insert her money, chose her favourite drink and successfully bought it. 

“Do I really need to protect him?” she asked herself. 

She turned around, leaning her back on the vending machine’s wall, trying to sort out her already messed up mind. Changjo’s voice ringed in her head, telling her to have some fun with her first personal mission. She, honestly, is excited for her first personal mission that doesn’t included with the Teen Top members but now that she received it, she’s not that fascinated by it. Mostly because of the person she ‘need’ to protect from another gang for an unknown reason. 

Just when she’s about to enter her mind full of question, a petite figure stormed her way to Bang Min Young, who just finished her drink. 

“Bang Min Young!” she shriek. When she’s in front of Min Young, students started to surround them. Min Young alone and the group of girls that always bully her. “This is the last time! First, Teen Top and now, the new guys? Infinite? You !” 

A bucket of water thrown at Min Young and then after that, flying eggs thrown at her and with an ending, she got covered with flour. 

The girls who threw that stuffs to Min Young, laugh hysterically and the leader, smirked at her. She walked towards Min Young like she owns the world after her plan succeed. 

“Who are you to own them?” she hissed. “You stole L.Joe oppa and now, L oppa? Wow, !” she grabbed a fist full of Min Young’s hair, yanked it as hard as her weak muscle can. Min Young bit her bottom lip, trying her best to ignore the pain in her scalp. “Bet your mom is a too!”

Suddenly, the hallway filled with silence. 

“L.Joe ?” Min Young’s voice broke up the silence’s air when L.Joe popped up in front of her just when the girl tried to slap Min Young. 

“Hey honey,” L.Joe greeted with a wink to Min Young. He turned back to the girl, facing her with his famous killer glare. “You.” He point his forefinger in front of her face as he harshly let go of his grip from her wrist. “You want Teen Top and Infinite so bad? Well then, I have a great deal for you.”

The girl hold back her tears and also her inner fan girl when L.Joe hold her hand. Technically, it was her wrist and she even ignore the pain from his grip. 

“This mid term, there’ll be a festival in our school and there’s the Beauty Contest, right?” L.Joe tried his best to stifle his laughter when Min Young’s facial expression stiffen. She frowned at him. “If you win, we’ll be your servant for the whole year but if my honey wins, you’re going to surrender yourself and drop out of school”

The whole students in the hall gasped in shocked when L.Joe stated their bet. 

“That’s gone too far!” One of the girl’s friend stood up for her. “Yerin - ah, you can’t agree to this”

“Deal!” the girl accepted his deal without any hesitation. 

L.Joe smirked.