Mission

When Ice Princess meets the Ice Prince

WARNING! HARSH WORDS IN THIS CHAPTER!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Min Young adjust her fingerless glove, leaning her back against the door frame as she waited her turn to meet the boss. She winced at the pain when she accidentally made a contact with her almost healed wound on her forearm. She was a bit rushed to meet the boss that she forgot to mend her bandage. 

 

“Aish.” she hissed when the blood slowly damping the bandage. Just then, a hand gently grabbed her hand but as a gangster, Min Young has a good reflex that she retrieved her hand back and ready to kick that person’s . She took a quick jump backward and was about to land a full swing kick to the person’s head but then, the person skilfully blocked her attack. 

 

She furrowed her eyebrows feeling a tad irritated. She lowered her leg and with a big surprised, it was her boss. 

 

“Good reflex, Min” he gave her a fatherly smile and Min Young blankly stared at him. She immediately returned to her normal posture and bowed to the middle aged man which she earned a chuckle from him. He motioned her to enter his office and she followed him. 

 

The boss took out his first aid box from under his desk. 

 

“Boss, about the mission—“ her words cut off when the boss gently grabbed her hand and then he unwrapped her old bandage, replacing it with the new one. Min sigh, gave up. When he finished, Min took back her hand slowly. “Mission…”

 

“You’re so eager, Min,” he said as he puts back the first aid. He sat down on his grand, luxurious chair. “And call me ahjusshi like the old times.” he gave her a smile but Min looked away. He sighed. He then arranged some files on his table, showing Min one by one. “I’ll go straight to the point. Your mission is to protect this person.” He pointed on one of the pictures in the file. Min’s left eyebrow raised, slightly surprised when she saw the picture. 

 

“Kim Myungsoo,” she whispered but loud enough to be heard by the boss. He looked at Min with a smirk on his face. “I need to protect this bastard?”

 

“Language, Min.” He ruffled her hair but he nodded his head, responding to her question. “This boy is targeted by a gang, still unknown. We don’t know the reason why or what motive they target him. I need you to protect him…” his eyes turned serious “even if it’ll cause your life, code name Min”

 

——————————

 

Myungsoo touched his new bruise on his cheek as Sunggyu dragged him to where god only knows. Suddenly, Sunggyu stopped on his track, turned to Myungsoo and gave him a dissatisfying look. Myungsoo looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes. 

 

“You really need to stop this, L,” Sunggyu said as he grabbed both of Myungsoo’s shoulder. “All of this doesn’t even make sense with you—“

 

“Don’t bring up the past, hyung.” Myungsoo glared at him. Sunggyu finally gave up. He sighed as he dropped both of his hands from Myungsoo’s shoulders. He combed back his hair with his fingertips, trying to calm himself. 

 

“I need to get some ice for that bruise. Don’t go anywhere. Stay.” Sunggyu said the last word firmly.  Myungsoo rolled his eyes but he doesn’t want to make things worse, so he obeyed. Sunggyu let out another sigh and then he walked away to find some ice. 

 

Myungsoo leaned his back on the wall when Sunggyu’s silhouette finally disappear from his sight. He once again made a contact with his bruise, he winced when the pain hit him.

 

“Damn, that’s one powerful slap.” He smirked when he pictured the girl’s heartbroken face just a moment ago. 

 

Just then a man walked towards him. Myungsoo doesn’t even acknowledge the man’s presence. Suddenly, in just a flash, Myungsoo is pushed against the wall. He let out a groan when the man turned Myungsoo’s body so that Myungsoo’s front is now against the wall and then the man gave him a headlock. 

 

“Kim L,” said the man with his nasty, horrible breathe against Myungsoo’s cheeks. “Come with me or a bullet will pierce through your stomach, and you’ll die on the spot” the man smirked. He tighten his grip around Myungsoo’s neck which caused Myungsoo’s face slightly grind with the wall. Myungsoo closed his eyes shut, cursing with every words he knew in his dictionary. 

 

, I don’t want to end my life like thisMyungsoo thought. 

 

Desperately flailing his arms harshly trying to pry off the man’s grip. Suddenly, a cold sensation were put against his temple. Myungsoo, being defenceless and all only could shut the both of his eyes tighter. 

 

“Die” 

 

The man puts his forefinger on the trigger, ready to pull it but just then, a figure knock down the entrance door with a powerful force. The music in the club stopped instantly and every single living beings in the club froze when they saw the figure, even the man. Myungsoo had no idea what’s going on, because once he shut his eyes tighter, he shuts his ears too. 

 

The person looked around the club, squinting her cold, dark orbs, trying to find her mission. When the man locked eyes with her, the man gulped down his nervous saliva down his throat feeling the cold between the distance of him and her. He blinked once and then the person is now just in front of her. 

 

“Min…,” said the man. 

 

Without wasting another second, she grabbed his shirt, pulled him off Myungsoo and then she swung her small yet powerful fist across the man’s face. She stepped backward, adjusting the correct distance and then, she send her most strongest 360 kick on him. The man flew and crashed against the wall on the other end. The people screamed, some even ran out from the club and the brave one still watched the interesting fight in the club. 

 

The person saw that the man is officially knock out, she turned to where Myungsoo is. He is still on the same position as earlier as if waiting for the bullet to end his life. The person let out a frustration sigh as she walk towards him. 

 

“Yah,” she called him with her deep voice, trying very possible ways to make her anonymous. Though, Myungsoo didn’t budge. Just then, the music continued instantly due to the fact that they were bored and people started to dance.

 

While that was done, now she need to deal with the person who was now cowering and his face was facing at the wall with his hands cupping his ears. 

 

“Turn the around hat.” Still no response. 

 

Her patience was running low when he didn't obliged her. So, going with the easy way, she grabbed a handful of his hair and forcibly made him turned around, their face were merely inches away.

 

Myungsoo panicked, his eyes shot open with fear dancing in it and was greeted by a beautiful, long jet black hair with soft curls, and a pair of two dark raven shiny orbs that shined from the club’s laser light and a black mask hiding the lower part of her face underneath it. 

 

“L!” Sunggyu came running from a far with a bag of ice. He witness what had happened earlier from the second floor and without missing a beat, he rushed down using the stair case.

 

‘Min’ bit her lower lip when she saw Sunggyu coming closer. She immediately retreat from Myungsoo who was still in awe at his saviour and sprints off through the club’s entrance door, ignoring the bouncer’s protest and vanished like evanescent.

 

Sunggyu shook Myungsoo’s shoulder rather harshly, asking him tons of questions but Myungsoo blocked every sound in the club and filled his mind with the thought of his saviour.

 

“Who is she…?” Myungsoo muttered under his breath.

 

All night long that day, his mind was flooded with the girl’s brilliant jet black hair and those rich raven eyes that held many emotion. He couldn't get her image out of his head even if he tried to completely convince himself not to think any of the things that were revolved around her presence.

 

The club, the laser light, black hair and mostly those pair of hauntingly beautiful eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ahjusshi - 'Uncle', and is a polite way to refer to a man who is older then you, who you don't know well.

Hyung - 'Older Brother',  males to adress another male older than them who they are close to.

Words in blue color - Myungsoo's thoughts.