I Don't Care

When Ice Princess meets the Ice Prince

“That’s all for now, go and take your break” said the teacher after the bell rang. All students dashed out from the class except for Bang Min Young, who was casually takes her time packing her books. Little did she know, she’s not alone.

 

“Bang Min Young.” 

 

She snorted at the voice calling her name. 

 

“What do you want, Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“L.” he glared at her. “Don’t use that name, he doesn’t exist.” 

 

Min Young sighed. In just a second, she raised her palm and placed it in front of his face, dangerously near.

 

“Stop,” she said with her voice laced with stern and cold tone. “I don’t want to cause any trouble this year. I don’t want to—“ her words cuts off when Myungsoo grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to him and then gives her a smirk. He placed his other hand behind her back, arching her body but still, she doesn’t even blinked when they glared at each other up close. “Stupid, what are you doing?” she hissed. 

 

This time, Myungsoo sighed. He let go of her from his grip and then balanced himself in front of her but the glare competition isn’t over yet. 

 

“I still don’t have the mood to trash someone right now, so, consider yourself lucky.” he walked passed her, making his way to the exit but stop mid way. He turns back to her. “Loser.” with that one word, he turns back to the exit and walked away. Min Young cocked her head slightly to the side, confused by his bipolar personality. One second, he’s acting like a douchebag and then the next, acting like a bastard. 

 

Eh, still the same. She thought. 

 

“Ice prince!” one of his friend called out to him when he arrived at the cafeteria. The girls immediately changed their gaze to Myunsoo and swoon. The moment when Myungsoo joined his squad, the girls couldn't help but sighed in content seeing the perfect live picturesque.

 

 Woohyun, the guy that called him, grinned at Myungsoo. “So, I heard you caused a scene early this morning.”

 

“Shut up.” he glared at him but Woohyun is still grinning like a kid. Myungsoo looked around, searching for that one person. “Where’s Sunggyu hyung?” he asked.

 

“Trying to clean up your mess,” Sungjong answered him nonchalantly while scrolling the screen of his phone. Myungsoo kicked his leg from under the table making Sungjong screams in agony. “Okay, okay! He’s out to sort our papers moving here, satisfied?” he pouted as he rubbed the pain. Myungsoo smirked. He is satisfied, indeed. 

 

“You only admit Sunggyu is your brother, how about us?” Sungyeol asked him with his mouth full, causing some crumbs spitting out of his mouth disgustingly. Myungsoo ignored the question and acted as if nothing happened by getting out of his lunch casually. Hoya patted Sungyeol’s shoulder, cheering him up. “Meanie.” he jutted the bottom of his lips and placed his hands on his chest, feigning to be hurt. 

 

Myungsoo knew Sunggyu before the other guys. So, naturally, or should we say, in Myungsoo’s way, he knew better to ignore it than to answer the question.

 

Shrugging off the thought, Myungsoo started to dig in. 

 

“! Stop following Teen Top oppas.” he looked up from his lunch to where the scream was. He saw Bang Min Young in the cafeteria’s entrance door with her head held high despite getting soaked by the bucket of water. The group of girl giggled and laughed at their masterpiece. The leader, who is holding the bucket, proudly flip her hair over her shoulder with a smug smirk. 

 

Teen top looked as if they were a hordes of raging bulls, ready to lunge at the girl to death. By far, Myungsoo faintly saw Minyoung’s hand that was placed behind her back signalling something to them. There, L.joe hooked his arms under Changjo’s armpits and Min soo wounded his hands around Ricky’s arms. The both of them was red. 

 

Woohyun nudged his elbow on Myungsoo’s side softly. “You know her?” he asked. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders but he couldn’t take his eyes off Min Young. “Poor girl.” The others nodded their head, agreeing.

 

Myungsoo scoffed. “I don’t care. She’s probably one of the crazy fangirl, clings around and following their oppas.”

 

“I don’t think so though, can't you see that? The guys were like ready to kill the bucket girl,” Sung Jung commented. 

 

With another round of laughter, the group of girls gotten tired when Min Young doesn’t show any emotion. They all retreated and left Min Young alone. She comb back her hair with her fingertip, looking up at the ceiling before she walked off. The students in the cafeteria began to whisper their newest gossip news. 

 

“Bang Min Young, isn’t she’s the Ice Princess?”

 

“I heard the teachers are afraid of her too”

 

“So, she’s our senior this year?” some of them giggled, scoffed and even shuddered in fear when they think about Bang Min Young. 

 

————————————————

 

“Okay?” asked L.Joe when they all arrived at the garden. L.Joe placed his blazer on Min Young’s soaked uniform. Min Young mumbled a thanks to him. Changjo placed his unused gym towel on top of Min Young’s damped hair. Both of them sandwiched Min Young in between. 

 

“If you hyungs didn’t hold me back, I would’ve kill that ” Changjo clenched his hand into a tight fist. Ricky nodded in agree with his arms crossed over his chest. 

 

“I don’t care” Min Young finally found her voice after she felt the coldness gradually decreasing, thanks to L.Joe and Changjo. “Let’s eat, who wants food?”

 

“Me!” they all shouted in unison. Min Soo was about to dig in to Min Young’s cooking but his phone annoyingly vibrated against his thighs. He finally gives up. He answered the call. In the midst of his conversation with the person on the other line, he make an eye contact with Min Young who is currently munching her toast. Min Young blinked for a second as Min Soo keeps the eye contact. When the call ended, Min Soo called Min Young. 

 

“What happened, oppa?” she asked.

 

“Boss wants you later.” Min Young tilted her head slightly to the side, confused by her brother’s answer. Min Soo gave her an assured smile, ruffled her hair and then went back to the others. 

 

“Weird,” said Min Young before she join with the others too.