Finale

A Cry For Help

It's been a few months since Taehyun fell from the school roof top and now the poor kid was lying in a hospital bed, with an oxygen mask over his face and his head wrapped in a gauze to stop the bleeding. His mother Haneul was sitting beside her son's bedside, not moving even an inch in fear if she left him something terrible would happen.

Taehyun was in a comatose state right now but the doctor assued Haneul and Donghoo that their son was going to be just fine, it was a miracle that his brain wasn't badly damaged when he fell they were stunned to say the least. Even though Taehyun was in a coma he could still respond somewhat. Whenever they would say heart warming things to him, sometimes a tear would roll down his cheek or his hand would twitch a little.

Yunho took a few days off of his work just so he could see how the boy was doing. Mr. Soo Man the principal even made an announcement over the intercom one morning, telling the students what had just happened. Seohyun of course broke down immediately when she heard her best-friend was in the emergency room. She kept saying 'I should've been there. I-I should've known the signs earlier but I didn't' and it took a lot of students to help calm her down.

Even Kyuhyun and Boa who were also at fault for the state Taehyun was in felt guilty of all the things they did to him. They even confessed and said everything they did and told Taehyun. Calling him horrible names, telling him he should 'just go die' or things like that. Boa actually got down on her hands and knees and bowed respectfully to his parents telling her how sorry she was.

Donghoo just shook his head and said this to her. "No matter how many times you say 'sorry', it will not erase the damage you have caused our son both emotionally and physically. We saw the scars, we saw the bruises, I suppose we are at fault as well for not noticing it sooner...the pain he was in."

Haneul sighed as she gently her son's hand and kissed the back of it softly. "Don't worry dear, you're going to be just fine alright?" A few hours later Yunho came in the room and smiled softly at Haneul.

"He uh, seems to be doing a bit better doesn't he?"

"Yes I suppose so. His heart rate is back to normal that's a relief, and his brain didn't suffer much damage he just had a concussion is all." The two adults conversed with each other for awhile, until Taehyun's dark brown eyes slowly fluttered open and Haneul gasped in shock. "Oh! Y-Yunho quick, call the doctor he's waking up!"

"Yes of course." Yunho rushed out of the room and Taehyun was now fully awake when he rushed in with the doctor and a few nurses as well. "Taehyun! Oh thank god you're alright, how do you feel? Wait that's a stupid question huh? Probably don't feel great I suppose?" Yunho smiled sheepishly and Taehyun laughed but spoke in a hoarse voice.

"I-I'm fine Mr. Jung...mother...where am I?" He asked and Haneul rubbed his forehead softly.

"You're in the hospital dear. Yunho brought you here after you fell from the school roof top."

"I-I fell?" He asked when suddenly flashbacks of him leaning over the edge, then slipping accidently ran through his mind and he cringed a little bit. "Oh. N-Now I remember...I'm sorry."

"No don't be sorry Taehyun." Yunho said softly and squeezed his hand a little. "But...when you were unconsious, w-we uh we saw quite a few scars you had on your arms...have you been cutting yourself?"

"..."

Taehyun didn't respond to that and Haneul sighed a little but squeezed her son's other hand gently. "Dear were not going to judge you okay? Please tell us. We just want to help you." She said softly and Taehyun finally nodded his head 'yes'. A few tears rolled down his cheeks as he began speaking.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm sorry. The pain was-was too much for m-me. I tried to ignore the teasing a-and taunting but-but...one day I just-I looked at the knife a-and..." Yunho shushed him and hugged the poor boy as gently as possible.

"It's okay. It's okay we understand alright? Nobody is going to hurt you anymore I promise ne?"

Haneul was crying herself so one of the nurses brought her a tissue and she lightly dabbed at her eyes with it. The thought of her son wanting to kill himself was too much for her.

After a few hours of talking the doctor explained to them that Taehyun was alright for him to leave today, but he would have to be kept out of school for a few days. As he was walking out though, Taehyun was surprised to see all the 'get well soon' gifts he had recieved and looked at Yunho in shock. "A-Are all those...?"

Yunho smiled softly and nodded. "Yes. See Taehyun? There were lots of students that did care for you...Mr. Soo Man also had a word with Boa and Kyuhyun. They can't bother you anymore, they even felt terrible for everything they did to you."

".....Should I forgive them Mr. Jung? After everything they have done, should I?"

"It's up to you. They have changed into better people yes; but you can't forget what they've done to you. I've been in your shoes before Taehyun. I know what bullying is like...kids and even some adults can be quite cruel."

"Y-You were bullied too sir?"

"Everyones been bullied at some point in their lives Taehyun. Many are bullied for 'being too fat' or 'being too skinny' or even bullied if they are homoual. The world can be a cruel place sometimes...but if someone ever bullies you again, you just stand up to them and show them you're not a person that people can just walk all over you. Fight back. Be the better person then they are."

That speech somehow inspired Taehyun in many ways. He gave Yunho a somewhat big smile, and the older male was startled when the young man hugged him around the waist. Haneul smiled at the touching scene and Yunho did also as he pat Taehyun's head a little.

"...Thank you Mr. Jung. I promise if I'm ever bullied again, I won't become depressed instead I'll stand up for myself."

"I'm glad Taehyun. I'm very glad." Yunho smiled and as Taehyun looked up in the sky, he smiled a little as he saw some fluffy white clouds and the sun was shining brightly. It was a new life for him now. He felt like a new person. Like Yunho told him the world can be a very cruel place, but if you stand up to those that are bullying you or if you see someone being bullied: Stand up to them. Fight back and prove to them that you are not the coward they think you are.

 

The End

 

 

A/N:...Yup that's the end. I knew it was going to be a shortfic or maybe it's too short? ^^; But yeah. I hope this fanfic sort of taught people a lesson too that you should NEVER bully someone. There is no excuse for bullying period. If you grew up in a tough home then I guess...but does that mean you should take your problems out on other people? No. Speak up if you see someone being bullied, or are being bullied. It's definately not an easy thing to do but you could save a life....till next time guys. Again sorry for the short fanfic ^^; I feel like there could've been more added, but uh yeah. I was kind of happy ending it like this :)