I GOT A BOY - Girls Generation

lazy-ssi's Drama/Movie/Music Video Reviews

 

 

Girls Generation - I GOT A BOY

SNSD has made their awaited comeback! It was extremely agonizing as I watched those teaser photos come up and the music video teaser. I was impatient and eager to hear the new track! After Dancing Queen was released, I thought that the whole theme would be like 60's,70's,80's kind of thing, but when 'I got a boy' was released, I was like... what is this.. Of course, we were warned that it would be something different and I must say, it looked like they were out of their comfort zone. Some pulled it off like, Tiffany, Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. For th others, they seemed uncomfortable. It looked quite difficult for Seohyun. It just didn't seem like it matched her well. I must add, everything seemed out of place, from the music to the outfits. As happy as I was to see them finally out of heels, I just didn't get the vibe of the song. I felt like it was too much. Now, hear me out, I have completely nothing against these girls, (Especially when my brother is a die-hard Sone) it just didn't feel natural.

 

 

R A T I N G S :

Choreography: 6/10

I didn't enjoy the beginning of the dance, but as soon as they hopped into the fast tempo, they were all out.I was definitely unsure if they were trying to be y and cute, or cool with swag. I give the dance a 6. The hand movements were everywhere which can be distracting sometimes, also, the hip rotating thing was constant throughout the song. It wasn't original enough for me as a dancer. But I didn enjoy most of it!

 

Music Video:  9/10

Bright colors! The bright colors of the set was outstanding. Unlike their 'HOOT' MV, this wasn't so flashy and it was enjoyable. Now, I'm curious about a couple things. Why did they use the same guy each time? I mean in one scene, he's with one girl. And then in the very next scene, he's with another! I wanted to know why that occured. Also, everyone had a cutesy scene with the man, until the song neared to the finish and as soon as he walked up to Hyoyeon, BAM! He was slapped. I understand he was late and all, but why make that scene if everyone else had a cute and romantic scene? It disturbs me everytime I watch the music video.

Song: 7/10

Since SNSD is such a big hit everywhere, I have high expectations for them. As I explained earlier, this song was going crazy and was all over the place. It was hard to follow andI wasn't quite happy. I enjoy the beat and all, but I felt like it wasn't their type of song.

Overall: 9/10

Overall, everything was unexpected. But I do have to give them props for stepping somewhat out of their comfort zone! Unlike their other dances/songs, this one had the most 'SM' feel to it.

 

 

Next to be reviewed: Any suggestions?

Comment || Tell me what you guys thought about it!

Subscribe || Send in requests!