Scene 6: The Problem

Falling With Wings

" I promise"

Again you were engulfed in a tight hug and strangely you weren't annoyed, and you were too lazy to argue and step back. There was no other choice but to change somewhat....yet you managed to murmor with a curt nod that justified your position.

" I don't believe you, but it's worth trying."

Lay sighed and heaved a hopeful response of "Good, from now on put your trust -what ever is left- in us because we'll never let you down, and we will never leave you. The twelve of us are your pillars so please, please believe."

You stared into to his deep hazel eyes searching for a fallacy but was returned with his dimple smile. An emotion or rather a contortion of the face impossible for you in this current stage. 

The angel noticing your scrutiny of his agreement sqeezed your shoulder in an attempt to relax your stiff and zoned out physique. "But I guess for now let us go to class."

Without a reason to hold against him you responed rather bored, "Neh. Lay-sshi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class revolved around Art History and Foundations. To an extent, art was you favourite subject, your memories of an innocent child were filled with sketching and painting. Truly it was a gift that made you an ounce more vibrant compared to the dull view of the world you held lifelessly. And even with your cold personality now, the artwork expressed by the tips of your fingers and by the sweat that your hard work excreted caged the imprisoned emotions and fragile fragments of hope you had. It was a touchable link to the past. Not to mention, several of your pieces had been displayed in exhibitions promoting your inspiring career.

The time proceeded and for practice everyone was assigned to sketch a portait of their chosen partner. From the corner of your eye, you glaned as classmates paired with friends effortlessly and simply ignored the dark and lonely aura you emitted. With no other choice Lay as your partner as he is less of an annoyance than your usual partners that were paired with you due to being or late or just plaine unlucky. 

It was amazing how Lay could stay still for over an hour in a awkward up-tight position, not even fidgeting. His posture and perfect profile resembles the greek statues in picturesque gardes you read in books. The icons represented eternal beauty, an attribute he would always have as an angel of the most high. To be viewed by your analytical perception he was a perfect subject to draw, even comparale to your previous muse. 

After an hour your hands became stiff and both of you decided to take a break. Lay was facing the clear victorian windows that overlooked the ponds at the schoool courtyard. It was a luxury the school held hidden from passerbyes and was an escape for the lonely and ignored. A haven for those companionless or simply tired.

The reflection of the scenery was mirrored in his marble eyes which held a strong resemblance, you realized to His eyes. Although Lay's and even EXO's were more clear and bright comapred to the dark and mysterious glass spheres of your last muse.

You were gently called into reality by Lay's blunt observation. "You were staring at me"

Coincendentally the aged school bell rang signilling students to leave for the day. Either with plans to study or the ignoramous fools waisting their time to party and to regret it later. 

Once everyone left, you eerily replied, " Well I just found something peculiar. I know EXO can read minds, So might as well read me instead of asking. I don't mind the invasion of privacy."

Lay could only let out a childish chuckle by your mundane explanation. " I decided not to read you, wouldn't it be more fun that way? Byul Rae, you're a mystery I am fairly intriqued to solve. What humans think sometimes baffles me, thats why I find your creation the very most interesting."

Lay felt confidence in conversing with you from the preious revalation he gave you, thus your bags were packed and carried by him to the next destination. The gym.

It was a short walk towards the sport dome, at least two blocks from your building to which you both traveled in the campus' underground walkways. You were beside Lay completely absorbed in your world, oblivious to the disgusted stares that resisnated from students, especially the girls. The other angels had been following you the whole day, and either you didn't know or didn't care they were. 

The boys had actually been contemplating the predicament you were in and how severe your resilence towards anything good was. The truth was, however, you contained no hatred and no ill-will which in fact should be a great step forward. The problem lay in the fact you felt nothing, was empty of affection and unable to produce the slightest humane response for others. That was a problem EXO would have a great deal trouble fixing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omgee gee I updated....don't kill me because I took so long. Journalism kicks the fangirl out of me D<< Has anyone seen SHINee's Dream Girl???