Fat Cheeks

Kissing Kris Wu

One afternoon, my legs moved on their own accord and I had somehow ended up at Kris Wu's doorsteps. I walked up and down his stairs, unsure of whether to ring the bell or not. I chewed on my bottom lip and stared at the doorbell. The minutes ticked by. “Just do it, Jae Hee,” I mumbled under my breath. My finger moved closer and closer to the bell. “You're only here to ask him about why he hasn't been coming to school, that's all.” I let out a laugh. “It's not like I miss his annoying self or anyth--”

 

“Are you going to press the bell or not?” A very annoyed voice interrupted my thoughts. I quickly pulled my hand to my side before turning around. Was it me or did Tao's eye-bags get bigger?

 

Tao shook the set of dangling keys as he pushed me aside and unlocked the door. “If you're here to see gege, his room on the second floor.” Tao tossed the keys onto a table. “Fourth floor on your left.”

 

I stared him for a long moment before nodding my head slowly. I made my way into the house. Fourth door on the left.

 

*****

 

“Yah, Tao. That took you long enough.” A hoarse voice called from inside the room. I pressed my lips together and pushed open the door slowly. Kris's eyes met with mine. After a long stare at each other, he smirked. “Did you miss your boyfriend so much that you had to come visit me?”

 

Sick or not, he was still as cocky as ever.

 

I rolled my eyes and took a seat on the edge of his bed. “I just wanted to make sure you weren't pretending to be sick.” I narrowed my eyes at him. “Because of you, Luhan extended the bet! Why am I even still apart of this?”

 

He laughed. “Why wouldn't you not want to be apart of the bet? You know how many girls want to get in my pants?”

 

“We all know,” I sighed. “Now go back to sleep. I'm leaving.”

 

“No! I'm not going to sleep if you leave. I'll call you repeatedly until you finally answer!”

 

“Kris Wu, you're very clingy and very annoying.”

 

“I wouldn't be clingy if you didn't hang out with Park Chanyeol all the time!” He squinted his eyes at me and held onto my wrist. He coughed. His voice grew hoarser, “Tao won't let you out if I told him to.”

 

“You're going to give me your cold! If I can't work, Bom is going to kill me!” I yanked my wrist free from his hold.

 

Kris sighed and laid back down. He closed his eyes for a moment. His cheeks looked flushed. “At least stay here until I'm asleep? It won't take long, I promise.”

 

I furrowed my brows and stared at him. “Fine. But you owe me.” I'm only doing this because I pity you, Kris Wu. That's right. I'm pitying you.

 

“You're supposed to take care of me,” Kris glanced over at me with a tired expression. He tucked his blanket under his arms. “I'm thirsty. I want cold water.”

 

“Get it yourself then!”

 

He narrowed his eyes. “I'll cough on you.”

 

“DON'T YOU DARE!” I quickly pulled my collar over my mouth and eyed him angrily before getting up. “Where is it?”

 

“In the kitchen, smart one,” Kris let out a sniffle.

 

I threw him a packet of tissues before venturing out of his room and into the huge maze that he called his house.

 

“YAH! YOU PURPOSELY THREW THAT AT MY HEAD!”

 

*****

 

 

“I'm back,” I mumbled as I brought the glass to him.

 

“You're slow.” Kris took the glass from my hand and took a sip from it before setting it down on the table besides him. Kris squinted his eyes as he observed me carefully. “You're slow and...” He reached over to my face before taking a hold of my cheek between his fingers. He pinched it. “And very squishy.”

 

I raised my brows at him. “Kris Wu, you better let go of my cheek before I bite you.”

 

“But this is fuuun~” He pouted before continuing to squish both of my cheeks with his palms.

 

“YAH! Let. Go!” I tried to pry his fingers off of my face, but failed.

 

“No.”

 

“Don't make me.” I gritted my teeth and leaned towards him.

 

“Make you what? What are you going to do to me, Jae Hee?” He mocked me with his voice as he laughed. He frowned. “Too bad your cheeks aren't as chubby as Xiumin's.”

 

And at that very moment, Xiumin walked in. “Duizhang, it's time for your medicine.”

 

“I like my cheeks the way they are. Now. LET GO, FLAT FACE.” I grabbed Kris's cheeks for revenge.

 

Xiumin stood at the door patiently. “It's time for your medic--”

 

“OW. THAT HURTS!” He squeezed my cheeks harder. He gave me an angry and intense glare. "HAVING NO CHEEKS IS BETTER THAN HAVING FAT CHEEKS LIKE YOURS--”

 

“I-is that how you really feel about my cheeks, duizhang?” Xiumin sobbed. Kris and I let go of each other and stared at him. We only noticed him now. “H-here's your cold medicine...” He placed it down on the desk before speeding out the door.

 

“You're a cruel person, Kris Wu.”

 

Kris looked up at me, his cheeks colored with splotches of red from all the pinching. “I know.”