Dumbfounded

Kissing Kris Wu

Suddenly, Chanyeol fell onto the ground. There blood dripping down the corner of his lip. I don't know how it happened or when it happened, but it did. Kris punched Chanyeol.

 

My eyes widened. I immediately helped Chanyeol get up. “Yeollie...” I pointed at the corner of his lip. “You're... bleeding.”

 

The principal gaped at Kris. She pointed a shaky finger at him. “My office... NOW.”

 

*****

 

“I am going to kill Kris Wu!” I furrowed my brows, and paced back and forth in the nurse's office.

 

Chanyeol held the bag of ice to his slightly swollen lip. He chuckled and rolled his eyes. “I don't need you to defend me, Jae Hee.” He sighed. “Especially since I got hit because I was trying to defend you.”

 

“But--”

 

Chanyeol raised his brows and pointed his thumb towards the direction of the clock. “You're awfully late for work, young lady.”

 

“I have to punch Kris Wu before I head to work!”

 

“And have Bom kill you afterward?” Chanyeol laughed and pushed me towards the door. “You're worrying too much over a bruised lip, Jae Hee! Go work! You owe me an ice cold caramel latte!”

 

“No! Don't you dare push me away--”

 

“You need to go.”

 

“Don't you dare, Park Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol looked down at me with a menacing smile. “Oh yes, I dare to.” Then, he shut the door behind me.

 

“YAH!” I twisted the knob in an aggressive manner. However, my attempt was unsuccessful. I crossed my arms over my chest and started walking. I mumbled feebly. “Stupid Park Chanyeol. Who does he think he is? He can't tell me what to do!” I gritted my teeth slightly. “Especially that... that disgusting thing! How dare he hurt my precious Yeollie like that!” Out of anger, I kicked the wall roughly, stubbing my toe. I winced and waited a few seconds for the pain to fade before walking again.

 

“Hey you!”

 

It was a deep and annoying voice. I didn't have to turn my head to know where the voice came from. The Thing was talking to me. I quickened my pace. I was already running late for work. If I stopped to talk to him, I would only be wasting more time. Bom was going to punish me for sure.

 

“Yah! You're rude!” Kris's long strides helped him catch up. I squeezed my fists and continued to walk. “We need to talk.” Kris reached out and held onto my hand.

 

I glared at him and tried to yank my hand from his hold. “Let... go! I have to go to work!”

 

“Wait! It'll will only take a second, I promise!”

 

I rolled my eyes. I really wanted to punch him in the face for being so dumb. “I don't need you to tell me that! Hurry up with it! I'm going to be late!”

 

Kris released my hand. He cleared throat and focused his attention towards the floor. “Well...”

 

I crossed my arms across my chest and raised a brow. I did not have enough patience to wait for him. “Since your second is up... I'm going to go.”

 

“Wait!” His eyes met with mine. “I... uh... Just wanted to tell you that...” He straightened his posture and looked at me with a more serious gaze. “I give you permission to come back to me.”

 

My mouth opened in surprise. My eyes stung as they slowly welled up with moisture. I couldn't believe his words.

 

Kris raised his eyebrows, expecting an answer. I looked at him with a soft expression, smiling slightly. “You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that sentence, Kris. I think... I...”

 

Kris was slowly beginning to smile. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke out into hysterical laughter. Did he honestly think that he could boss me around like that? He thinks he could just pick me up and throw me away whenever he wants to? Who does he think he is? I am Park Jae Hee. I do not need permission from him to do anything.

 

I inhaled deeply, trying to calm myself down. I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye. “Thanks, but no thanks.” I bent down to pick up my jacket, which dropped onto the floor while I was laughing. I dusted it off. “Because of you, I'm late for work again.” I gave him one last smile and waved. “I guess I'll see you never.”

 

I walked away, leaving Kris Wu dumbfounded.

 

*****

 

Q: How many times did she reject you so far?

K: Twice-- /coughs/ I mean, I did not get rejected. She will come back to me. Why is she disobeying me?! I gave her my permission! (She made me look dumb...)

 


author's note;

Omg ;__; I'm so sorry for the extremely long hiatus & for the short update! Stress from school and all that = writers block.

Hopefully I'll be able to update a few more times before spring break is over.

Thank you for the continuous support!

♥ Amy