The Competition of Love

FATE

Kikwang sat on his bed and started read his dad’s diary, he opened the first page of himself there. His dad used to write about him on every his birthday.

[ March, 9th 1997
Today is Kikwang’s birthday. I bought a book about photography. That kid seems interested on   photography. Bad.. he’s back to Korea already. I’ll give this gift to him when he back to U.S]

Kikwang’s dad wrote that in 1st year when Kikwang left U.S and back to his mom. Kikwang with his curiousity slowly read every page. And finally reached last page.

[ December, 25th 2012
this Christmas I bought book again for Kikwang’s gift. I miss him. I hope he did well in Korea. I tried to call him but I got rejections. I know I’m a bad father and I must got that. This book is a book about photography and this is maybe my last gift to him. When does he back here? I wanna give these books. I don’t know that I already collect 16 books for him. And all of them is photography book. Maybe he thought that I never care about him. But from all my heart, I always love him. However, he is my son. And I’ll try my best to make him happy if I can. I call his mom everyday, asked about his hobby and school. Maybe it doesn’t help anything. But with it, I can understand a little thing about him. I know I can’t live for long time more. If he back here and I already go to another life, I hope he could read all my presents for him in our library. I put his books on bookshelf number 3. I hope he will enjoy read it. Although I want to see him read it happily.. but I know I just can not. Please forgive your bad dad.. Merry Christmas, Lee Kikwang.]

                Kikwang held his tears. But he can’t stop his tears which rolling on his cheeks. He just realized how his dad love him. And he regret that he always hate him in the past. He stopped read the diary and went to the library. Tried to find his books.

Hyosung entered Kikwang’s room with a glass of milk, but she can’t find Kikwang. “aigo. Where is he? It’s late already.” She thought. She put the glass on table and looked for Kikwang. she went downstair and looked around. Finally she found Kikwang at the library. When she wanna call him, she stopped. She looked that Kikwang is crying. She slowly approached him.
“Doryeon..nim..”
“………….”
Kikwang lifted his head and suddenly hugged Hyosung. Hyosung widened her eyes, surprised.
“Doryeonnim.. what’s happening?” Hyosung with her hesitation hugged him back.
“Hyosung-ah.. why everyone that I hate.. in fact, they are just angels?”
“ng?”
“why..”
“Oppa.. don’t be like this..”
Hyosung caress Kikwang’s hair. She cried too, she could feel Kikwang’s sadness. Joon actually there and watched them from distance. “why does it hurt me?” Joon thought.

                Hyosung handed a glass of milk to Kikwang. Kikwang sat on his bed, he still feel bad. Hyosung sat beside him and linked her arm around Kikwang.
“do you feel better? Take a rest for now. I know you’re tired.” Hyosung smiled and went to her room. But before she leave, Kikwang held her hand.
“wait.. don’t leave me. Can’t you stay here with me tonight? I.. I can’t.. sleep.”
“Oppa..”
Hyosung widened her eyes.
“Mianhae.. please stay here with me.”
“mm.. arraseo. But you have to sleep. I’ll stay beside you”
Hyosung helped Kikwang to lay on his bed and then she sat beside his bed. Kikwang still held her hand tightly.

--------------------------------------------

                Hyosung fell asleep in Kikwang’s room. When she woke up, she surprised that actually she slept on Kikwang’s bed. But she couldn’t find Kikwang there. She quickly got up and when she went outside. She met Joon. Joon got confused because Hyosung went out from Kikwang’s room.
“ya.. Hyosungie.. How could you..?” Joon pointed Kikwang’s room, tried to ask how could she went out from Kikwang’s room.
“aaa Oppa.. it’s not like what you’re thinking.. about that..” Hyosung replied.
“we didn’t do anything. I’m not that bad.” Kikwang suddenly appeared with his camera on his hand. “thanks for last night Hyosung-ah. I feel better. And that’s because of you” Kikwang smiled and caress her hair. Hyosung smiled back and her cheeks were burning. Joon stared at Hyosung.

                After lunch, Kikwang sat on the side of the pool and read the book that his dad bought for him. Joon approached him and sat beside him.
“have you find your books?” Joon asked.
“eoh. You can’t see that I’m reading it now?” Kikwang replied.
“hahaha you’re right. Mian, am I disturbing you?”
“kinda.”
Kikwang back focus to his book.
“Kikwang-ah”
“eoh”
“do you like Hyosung?”
Joon finally asked the question which bother him everyday. Kikwang stared at him.
“that’s not your business. I like her or not, it won’t disturb your life.”
“sure, it disturb my life. Because, I love her”
Joon quickly answered. Kikwang glared at him.

------------------------------------------------------

                Hyosung laid on her bed and played with her phone. Joon’s gift. Suddenly she got up and took a box from her drawer. A box of the phone that Kikwang bought for her. She changed the SIM card to Kikwang’s gift. “I’ll use this. Since, Kikwang Oppa gave it first.” She thought. “wait.. Jeon Hyosung.. Do you fall for him? Ey.. remember that you like Joon Oppa..” she talked to herself. “but…….”

-------------------------------------------------------

“what? You love her? Funny. I’m not in the mood for a joke” Kikwang grabbed Joon’s shirt collar.
“I’m not joking.” Joon smiled.
“eoh? You wanna to make a competition to grab her love? Fine. Let’s do that”
“her love is not something that we grab by competition.
” Joon released his collar from Kikwang and left him alone. Kikwang clenched his fist.

 

 

How is it? double update ^^ I can't get good internet connection.
so, although it's a long holiday. I can't update the story regularly hehe mian.
enjoy reading!