Gathering of Lee’s sons.

FATE

Hyosung still crying beside Lee Kwon Ha’s coffin, while his dad greeted all the guests who came to the Lee’s house. Hyosung remember that Lee Kwon Ha is like a 2nd father for her. Kwon Ha always buy her dolls and always said that Hyosung is his daughter. She can’t believe that her another father is passed away. She cried hard until she thought that her tears can’t come out anymore. Hyosung surprised when suddenly someone pats her shoulder. She is Park Min Ah, Lee family’s maid.
“Hyosung-ah, help me to bring the beverages for all guests.” She asked.
“ne, Ahjumma..” Hyosung wiped her tears and followed Min Ah to the kitchen.

            After she finished help Min Ah, she sat beside the coffin again, stared at Kwon Ha’s face. She can’t handle her tears anymore, she cries and cries. Hyosung’s dad came and talked to her.
“Hyosung-ah, listen to me. Don’t cry like this. Sajangnim (president) will be sad if he see you like this.” He caress Hyosung’s hair.
“Ne, Appa..” she wiped her tears. “Jweisonghamnida (I’m sorry), Sajangnim” she continued.
Her dad smiled and said “You, take care of the guests, please. Lee Joon doryeonnim (young master) has arrived at the Airport. I’ll pick him up.”
Heard Joon’s name, Hyosung widened her eyes. “he’s in New York now? Ne, Appa. Don’t make him wait. Quick! Pick him up.” Hyosung pushed his father gently.
“Ara, ara, you want meet Joon doryeonnim” her father .
“Appa, don’t say such that thing in front of Lee Sajangnim.”
“ne. I’m going.”
Her father stood up and bowed to Lee Kwon Ha’s coffin, then went to the airport to pick Lee Joon.

            Arrived in New York, a youngman who wore a casual long-sleeves T-Shirt with a leather jacket, black glasses and jeans walked towards to departure gate, waited someone to picked him up. Suddenly, a middle-age man approached him and bowed.
“Annyeonghaseyo, Joon doryeonnim”
“Annyeonghaseyo Hwa Jung Ahjussi”
he bowed back.
“Doryeonnim, let me help you with your stuffs.” He grabbed Joon’s luggage but Joon rejected.
“Andwaeyo, Ahjussi. I can bring it by myself. So, where’s the car?” Joon smiled weakly, looks like that he is tired and sad.
“Eoh, ne.. follow me, doryeonnim.”

            Everyone still come to Lee’s house. Since Lee’s company is quite big in New York, no wonder President Lee has many relatives. Some of them, now, at Lee’s house and talking about President Lee. “He is a nice man.” “he’s good at his business” “lot of people will miss him”. Hyosung just smiled when she heard about it. Things which they said are true. Everyone suddenly take a look at a car which came. Someone out from the car. Hyosung directly knew him. “Joon Oppa!” she ran to him and hugged him. Joon smiled weakly and hugged her back.
“Hyosung-ah, I miss you.” He still hugged her, Hyosung widened her eyes. Heard Joon said that he miss her made her heart beating so fast.
“Oppa, himnaeseyo..(stay strong)” Hyosung pats Joon’s back. After that, Joon greeted some guests who welcome him. And then walked towards to his father’s coffin. He bowed to his father. “Abeoji.. I’m home..” the tears rolling down the cheeks and suddenly he kneeled down. Hyosung is crying too. “Abeoji.. Jweisonghamnida, I’m late.. I knew that I’m a bad son.. So sorry..” he continued. After that he stood up and said to Hyosung’s father.
“Ahjussi.. we can’t wait Kikwang.. it’s too long. Please, do the cremation now.” He wiped his tears. Hwa Jung nodded and prepared everything for the ceremony.

            The ceremony ended, Hyosung’s dad brought Kwon Ha’s dust to Joon.
“Doryeonnim.. this..” he gave a jar to Joon.
“my Dad’s dust?” Joon smiled weakly and put it beside his mother’s dust jar in the living room. He mumbled “Finally, you two are together in heaven” Joon bowed to them and then went to his room.

            Hyosung knew that Joon doesn’t feel good now. So, she made him a cup of hot chocolate and deliver it to Joon. She walked to Joon’s room, when she arrived in front of the room, she knocked the door.
“Oppa, may I come in?” she asked from outside.
“ne..” Joon answered from his room. Hyosung opened the door and gave the cup to Joon.
“this.. I hope it’ll make you better.” Hyosung smiled.
“Eoh? Chocolate? Gomawo, Hyosung-ah. You always know what I need.” He grabbed the cup and drank it.
“How is it?” Hyosung asked curiously.
“still same like my last time drank it” Joon smiled and asked Hyosung to sit beside him. Joon is sitting on his bed and thinking of something.
“Hyosung-ah.. Now, I’m alone..” he looked down.
“what.. what do you mean, Oppa? You still have me, Kikwang Oppa and the other people here.”
“Eoh? You’re right..”
Joon put the cup on the table and lean on Hyosung’s shoulder. “Gomawo” he whispered.

-----------------------------------------------------

In the morning, Hyosung woke up and went to the kitchen to help Min Ah for breakfast. She really want cook for Joon. When she arrived at the kitchen, she told Min Ah to stop cooking.
“Ahjumma! Stop! Let me cook for breakfast” she smiled and grabbed the soup spoon from Min Ah’s hand.
“waeyo?” Min Ah asked. “you wanna cook for Joon doryeonnim, don’t you?”
Hyosung startled then blushed “AHJUMMA!! Just go!” she pushed Min Ah to out from the kitchen. After that, she looked around. “Joon Oppa loves seaweed soup”  she thought. She took all ingredient to make seaweed soup and cooked happily.

            Joon finished his shower and went downstair. He smells good food. “Hmm.. I miss this smell” he thought. He went to dining room and saw a lot of food on the dining table. “daebakida..” he thought while he widened his eyes. Min Ah came with another food.
“Eoh! Doryeonnim, Annyeonghaseyo, did you sleep well?” she put the plate on the table.
“finally, last plate.” She mumbled. Joon smiled.
“Ne, Ahjumma, I did sleep well. By the way, you cooked these food?”
“Aniyo, Hyosung did.”
Min Ah back to the kitchen. Joon sat on his chair and started to confuse what to do with these lot of food.

            Hyosung came from the kitchen and greeted him.
“Annyeonhaseyo, Oppa. Eat well.” Hyosung gave eyes smile.
“ne, Hyosung-ah. Eat beside me.” Joon pointed the chair beside him.
“Ah, ne..” Hyosung sat beside him and said “Oppa, you miss seaweed soup, don’t you? So, I cooked it for you” Hyosung took a bowl of seaweed for Joon.
“ne, kamsahamnida.” Joon ate it.
After breakfast, Hyosung’s dad called Hyosung.
“Hyosung-ah!”
“ne, Appa?”
“pick Kikwang doryeonnim at the airport at 12. I need to go to the lawyer office for talking about Lee’s inheritance.”
“Eoh? Kikwang Oppa will arrive soon?”
Hyosung smiled widely.
“ne, don’t forget!” Hyosung’s dad her hair.

-------------------------------------------

Kikwang arrived at the airport. He looked at his watch. “jeez! How come he make me wait? He said he’ll pick me up at 12!” he mumbled and then sat on a couch in waiting room in the airport. At the other place, Hyosung finally reached the airport and walked in a rush. “Aigoo.. where is he? He must wait me somewhere.” She thought. Hyosung went to the information station to look for Kikwang. She asked an employee to announce that Hyosung looks fro Kikwang. “To Lee Kikwang from Korea, your family wait at the information table.” When heard that Kikwang got confused. Yah! Did he think I’m a lost child? By the way, I didn’t know what they’re talking from the speaker!” Kikwang can’t speak English well, so, he just understand the announcement a litte. “the all I can understand is Lee Kikwang, Korea and Infromation table” he tought and then he got up from his seat and went to information station.

            Hyosung waited and suddenly a Korean guy approached the information station. “is he Kikwang Oppa?” she looked a muscular guy with T-shirt, jeans and cap. He seems confused. Hyosung approached him and greeted him. “are you Kikwang Oppa?” she talked with English.
Kikwang looked at her “aigoo.. I.. can.. not. Speak English.. well.”
“Eoh? Oppa! I can speak Korean!” Hyosung smiled. “finally I found you!” she grabbed Kikwang’s hands and hugged him.
“yah! You! Nugu-ya? (who are you?)” Kikwang pulled his body away from Hyosung.
Hyosung widened her eyes “cho neun Hyosung, Oppa (I’m Hyosung, Oppa)”
“huh? Molla (I don’t know). And stop calling me ‘Oppa’, I don’t even know you. Call me ‘Doryeonnim’. You came here to pick me up, don’t you? Hwa Jung-ssi commanded you? Ok, let’s go to my house then. And you bring my luggage. So, where’s the car?”
Hyosung can’t believe that Kikwang forgot her. She looked down, the tears almost fall but she hold it  and then she asked Kikwang to follow her.

            Arrived at Lee’s house, Kikwang out from the car. He stared at the house. “16 years ago.. people kicked me out from this house. And now, I must come back here.” He thought. Hyosung brought Kikwang’s luggage and looked at him.
“Dor..doryeonnim.. let’s come in.” she asked.
“Eoh.” Kikwang followed her behind.
Lee Joon waited in front of the door. He saw Kikwang and greeted him warmly.
“Kikwang-ah!” he hugged Kikwang.
“Yah! Let me go!” Kikwang pushed Joon. Joon smiled.
“welcome back, nae dongsaeng (my brother)”
“aish, stop acting nice to me. I’m back just for the inheritance, ara?”
“however, you’re back.”
Joon smiled again and helped Hyosung with Kikwang’s luggage.

            Kikwang is in his room. Looked around and then sat on his bed. “this room still like I was kid. No change..” he thought. Suddenly his phone rang, he picked the phone and saw the contact name. it’s his mom. He answered the call.
“ne, Eomma?”
“yah, adeul-ah (my son), have you arrive?”
“Eoh.”
“how about the inheritance? You must get it, ara?”
“ne.”
“ok. Ok. I have to go now. Bye”
“bye.”
He hung up and then sighed. “if Mom didn’t ask me to back here, I won’t come!” he thought. For Kikwang, comeback to New York is the most painful thing. Here, he got bullying from his step mother, Joon’s mom. She hates Kikwang. Maybe, because she thought that Kikwang is an illegal son from a woman who tempt his husband.

            Kikwang came out from his room and went to the living room. He stopped in front of his parent’s dust which put on the table. The dust of Lee Kwon Ha and his wife, Ahn Soo Young. And there’s a photo of them on the wall. Kikwang touched the jar of Kwon Ha’s and stared at Kwon Ha's photo. “Abeoji? I’m back. Happy? I’m not.”  he sighed. "Look at yourself.. you look so old there. different with before I left New York.." Kikwang stared at his step mother’s photo. “You. Are you happy in the hell now?” he turned around and saw Joon is in front of him. Joon smiled, he heard everything that Kikwang said to his mother, but he just smiled.
"Mianhe, I did the ceremony before you come. because.. it took long time for you to come here."
"I don't care about the ceremony at all"
Kikwang said arrogantly. Joon smiled and then said.
“Kwang-ah, Abeoji’s lawyer has come. Let’s meet him.”
“Eoh, ok. It’ll be fun and after this I can back to Korea.”
Kikwang and Joon walked towards to the library. The lawyer waited them there.

 

1st chapter ^^ comment and subscribe! gomawooo