His smile

A Vampire's Prisoner

The next day to Taemins surprise, breakfast was served.
“Good morning sir!” you greeted him with a smile.
A bit confused with your sudden mood he asked

“What is this?”

“Its breakfast sir” she replied

“Oh, and sir? I want to apologize about last night. You are right. I should know my place”
She didn't give Taemin a chance to say anything. Instead she lightly bowed and headed over to the end of the table where she sat down.

“Well then, now that you understand, from now on you’re not allowed in my room. No matter what you hear, no matter what happens. You’re not allowed in there. Understand?”

___ was dying to ask questions. But she held back and slightly smiled at him. “I Understand”

Taemin got up and made his way back to his room.

I need to plan this carefully and earn his trust.
The more I know about him, the better.



For the past six months you followed orders.

It was the same routine everyday.
You tried your very best to earn his trust little by little. But he was still as complicated as always. You would use small talk to get information out of him. Although he didn’t talk much, you could tell he didn’t mind you anymore.

The trust wasn’t quite there yet. Perhaps you were trillions of steps away from earning it. But the fact that he didn’t treat you as bad as he did before was somehow a sign that he could possibly open up to you in the future and today would be the day you try and take a step forward.

“Why do you always sit with us and eat? I thought you vampires don’t need food”

“ If you don’t want me to eat with you anymore just say so” his eyes never met yours. He hasn’t made eye contact with you in a long time. He was always so cold. Then again what did you expect from a vampire?

“I didn’t mean it like that. Sorry.”

The sound of the spoon being slammed on the table made you jump. "Stop that!. You always apologize.” Taemin’s eyes glared at you with so much anger.

What the hell did I do?!!

“Whats your problem?!” you asked. You tried your very best to remain clam other wise you would of flipped the table and torn him to pieces, but that would ruin things for you. Besides, you knew that you didn’t stand a chance. Taemin would of probably ripped you apart before you even tried.


Rocky felt the tension between you two. No matter how much he seemed to like Taemin, you were his master.

Rocky began to growl at Taemin. This was the first time you had ever heard him do something like that. He was always a playful dog. Either way you didn’t want to see Rocky hurt. You knew if Rocky tried to bite Taemin, Rocky will come out hurt instead.

You rushed to his ride and tried to calm him down. You weren’t sure of what to do, this side of Rocky was new to you. It scared you.


Taemin walked over to rocky. He showed no fear. He was expressionless as always. In your mind you thought please don’t do anything to him…please...

Rocky didn’t move an inch. He kept on growling at Taemin. As Taemin got closer, Rocky would tense up even more as if about to jump on Taemin at any moment.

You sumed up the courage to touch Rocky. Although you were shaking in fear of what could happen, you wanted to calm Rocky before Taemin did something to him. Lightly you began pat Rocky’s head “shhh, it ok boy. Its ok. I'm here. Its ok”

Finally Taemin stood in front of Rocky. You froze. You watched as Taemin bend to Rocky’s level . Seeing them face to face you thought Rocky would take the opportunity to bite Taemin’s face off. When you saw Taemin reach for Rocky, you shut your eyes.

This is it. Rocky is done for

“Rocky, Mian”

Your eyes shot open when you heard Taemin apologized. Rocky’s face was back to normal.

Taemin sat down besides Rocky and started to pet him. For the first time Taemin smiled. Never have you ever seen a hint of kindness on Taemin before. All of this was a first for you.

He looked somehow childlike.

Seeing this side of him felt different...something felt familiar

But the feeling didn't last when his expression immediately changed once his eyes met with yours. The awkwardness was obvious.
Taemin stood up. You were waiting for him to leave like he always does, but this time he didn’t.
You saw him walk over to the table and picked up the dirty dishes.

You got up immediately and took the dishes from his hands “I can do it sir”
You placed the dishes in the sink and started washing them. “Sir, I have a question”

No answer.

You didn’t even bother to turn around. You knew he was gone.

Today didnt quite turn out as planned but you got to see a side of Taemin you didn't know he had.

 

For the rest of the day, you didnt see Taemin. But it was no surprise.

He was always gone.

 

You finished your chores and went back to you room. You placed a chair by your window and sat down. It was dark and very windy, it looked like it would rain in any minute. But it didn't matter. You'd much rather be outside than locked up in a creepy castle living under the same roof with a blood murderer.  Looking out the window was the only taste of freedom you've had for the past months. Your room didn't quite have a great view but it was the only form of entertainment you had.
 

A few minutes into your day dream, a flashback of Taemin's smile appeared in your mind. His smile provoked a weird feeling in your stomach again. It reminded you of something. You tried your very best not to remember because you were sure that would open up memories of the past.

Taemin's smile was now another memory you decided to push back deep into a place where it can be forgotten. It would accompany the other memories you decided to forget.

 

Slight snores brought you back to reality. You turn your head towards the snores and find Rocky fast asleep in the floor right next to you.

Your troubled face was quickly replaced with soft eyes as your eyes landed on him. Quietly you crawled next to him and laid down.

You stared at him for a while. You realized that Rocky was indeed your life, there really wasn't anything out there for you. Rocky was really the only reason you managed to push yourself to another day. With out Rocky, you weren't sure you would be able to bring justice and avenge your family. 

"I can't do this alone... You're all I have left. I can't remember a moment without you and I don't want to even imagine one. I promise to never let anything happen to you.... "

A loud bang made you and Rocky jump in surprise. Loud noises and grunts came from down stairs. Rocky began to bark and growl. You weren't sure if to open the door or not. You remembered Taemin telling you to never get involved in his things but then again, this wasn't his room.

You grabbed the kitchen knife you've been keeping under your pillow.  You looked over at Rocky, he was barking and ready to storm out the door as soon as you open it but you couldn't let anything happen to him. You grabbed your hair brush and threw it over to the bathroom for him to fetch. Once he was inside you locked the door. "Stay here boy. I'll be right back. I promise"

 

Shaking you tiptoed down the hall way until reaching the stairs that would lead you to where the noises where coming from.

"Mmmmm I smell a human. Do you have a human hiding in here Taemin? Why dont we share?"

You didnt have the guts to take a look at what was happening. The person's voice sounded horse and out of breath.

"SHE'S MINE!"

Hearing Taemin say that felt like you had just gotten punched in the stomach, knocking every bit or air out of your lungs. You didn't know how to feel.

You held the knife tightly, so tight you were loosing feeling on your fingers. With both hands and a deep breath you held the knife a little above your head, ready to stab what ever came at you. 

"Taemin!" You yelled. Signaling him you were there to help him out

"NO! GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM!" He yelled back. 

Taemin was trapped under the man's hold. He was choking Taemin. 

The man's face darted straight at you. He was so handsome.

You're eyes were just mesmerized with so much beauty. Never had you ever seen such a beautiful person.

"I SAID GET OUT OF HERE!!" Taemin shouted once again as he tried to get the guy off of him.

"Well, well, well. Isn't she a beauty?. I see why you don't want to share."

"Run! take Rocky and RUN!" Taemin yelled again.

"Rocky? A dog? Wow dinner AND dessert"

"I'm letting you no where near my dog. Over my dead body!"

"My pleasure" The vampire said as he tossed Taemin Over his head like a ragged doll. Taemin landed on a statue's sword.

"Taemin!!!!!!!!" You screamed. You charged right at the vampire with the knife. Not quite sure where to even stab him first but it didn't matter. You weren't gonna allow anyone near Rocky.

Your knife went straight into his chest. With both hands you used all your strength to pull the knife out and stab him again and again. You're eyes were closed shut, so tight it hurt. You wondered how the tears still managed to flow out of your eyes.

"Tired yet?"

Your eyes shot open. He was standing right in front of you with a seductive smile on his face. You lost all body control and the knife fell.

Your body wasn't responding anymore.

You were frozen.

Your eyes were glued to his. You couldn't look away.

"Now, dont be mean and lets get to know each other a little more. Ok?" he said as he caressed your face and wiped the tears away. His hands were so soft and gentle. "Your eyes show me you've been through a lot of pain. Come here, I'll make it all better" he took you in his arms and hugged you tight. You were so confused with what was going on. You couldn't move. It felt as he understood you like no one else had and his embrace felt so warm.... It all felt so right.

In the distance, you could see Taemin's unconscious body hanging from the statue's sword. There was no way he was alive....

This was it.

This was how things were gonna end.

 

"You smell so good... Tell me, What's your name?" he asked.

You curled your hands into fists trying fight the urge of falling into his charms and you managed to whisper in his ear with anger " YOU".

In response he laughed. You grew even more terrified as you witnessed how his eyes changed to a bright red color.

"I guess we'll be doing things the hard way then" he said

You broke away from his hold and ran to the door. Taemin wasn't going to be able to help you, you should have listened to him and ran away with Rocky.
 

"You know, I like this much better. Run, RUN for your life!" he teased

You ran for the woods, your heart was pounding. 

You didn't know where to go, you just ran and ran. Rocky was constantly on your mind. What will happen to him? You locked him up in the bathroom.... Can you manage to escape and hide Rocky somewhere safe?

You looked back to see if he was still chasing you and to your surprise, he wasn't.

You stopped and looked all around incase he was hiding and suddenly you heard a big thump behind you.

A pair of arms wrapped around your waste and brought you closer.

"You've been caught. Game Over" he whispered.