My prisoner.

A Vampire's Prisoner

She walked further into the woods. As she walked it got colder and darker. Her dog would often stop. He wanted to turn back. She had to basically drag him along. They needed the wood or they would freeze to death.

Perhaps that’s the solution to everything? Dying.
Then everything would be over. She would be reunited with her family and it would end her suffering. But she couldn’t do that to rocky. She had no right to decide when his life would end.

She continued her way. Piling the cold wood on her arms and dragging her handmade worn out shoes along the snow. As she looked all around her surroundings, she realized she had forgotten her sword. If any animal tried to attack, she would be killed….

Quickly she fasten her pace. She pilled wood as if it was some sort of competition. She had be carrying the cold wood for a while now so she couldn’t quite feel her arms. Her grip began to weakened.

“A few more pieces and we go home ok boy?” she turned to rocky.

“is this your dog?”

Her arms gave out, dropping the wood on the cold ground. Her eyes widened in shock. She tapped her shoulder, searching for her sword, but that’s right, she left it at home.

“don’t be rude. I asked you a question. You need to answer” he said.

He was kneeling a few feet from her.
He was playing with rocky.

“L-Leave  m-mmy dog alone!” she demanded.

“not only are you rude, but selfish too” he said with a chuckle as he got up.

“R-RROCKY! ATTACK!” She ordered him. But he didn’t do anything, instead he rolled on his back, hoping the stranger would rub his tummy.

“he wouldn’t even hurt a fly” he laughed as he bend down to rub the dogs stomach. This not only embarrassed her but it infuriated her too.


“what do you want? Are you here to hunt? Kill me already like your kind killed my family! GO AHEAD! I DON’T CARE ANYMORE!” she said as she closed her teary eyes, just waiting for a sudden attack that would end her life.

“haha, im not going to kill you. But I am going to take you prisoner” he said as he walked closer to her. She then lifted her arm in attempt to punch him, but in a blink of an eye he had already pinned her to the ground. He hissed, exposing his fangs. He lowered his face to her neck. His warm breath send chills down her spine. She shut her eyes tightly preparing herself for the pain. He took a glimpse of her scared face and chuckled.

“you shouldn’t have done that, take this as a warning. Next time I’ll really kill you” he said as he got up. He dusted the dirt and snow off his perfectly ironed black suit.

“w-wwhy are you taking me?” she asked nervously as she still laid on the cold ground.

“this is my property. You’re trespassing. I would of killed you for that. BUT your dog got me in a good mood so I’m sparing your life. Besides, I need a maid. My castle hasn’t…well it hasn’t been cleaned in over a hundred decades. The dead carcasses are stinking up the place and by the looks of it, you wont be able to make it home in time, the storm will get here anytime soon.” he said as he went back to playing with the dog.

She looked around trying to plan an escape but she remembered how fast he had pinned her down, besides he had rocky. She didn’t stand a chance.

They walked five minutes deeper into the woods, finally arriving at his castle. He was right, the place smelled awful. Bodies of poor animals were scattered everywhere. Rocky began to cry. Such a horror strong scene made her want to cry too. He turned to look at her. He laughed “what a baby” he chuckled to himself. 

“you’re a monster” she said. His smirk faded. “I need it to live. it’s the circle of life” he responded in a serious tone.

Everything about the castle was horrifying. spider webs in ever corner, rats, dust everywhere. “do you live here all alone? Do I have to clean all of this myself?” she asked.

“yes and yes” he answered not ever bothering to turn to her. Soon they reached a room. “this will be your room. Its also dirty, if you want to clean it there’s mops and rags in the closet at the end of this hall. Make yourself comfortable. Oh! And if you try to escape, ill cut off your leg and ill make you eat it. Understood? Ill be back in a few minutes” with that said he walked away.

She sat on the bed, tears were now flowing. She hater herself for being such a coward. To make things worst, she was a vampire’s prisoner. The kind that killed her family and yet she had no courage to do anything about it, no matter how much hate and rage she had inside her.

Minutes later she heard a knock. She quickly wiped the tears with the back of her hand.

“c-come in!”

He slowly opened the door. Rocky quickly got up to greet him with energy. She noticed he had changed clothes. He was now wearing a dark purple suit. It almost looked black. Such dark colors made him look really pale with his red hair. His pink plump lips stood out due to his fare skin. Never in her life had she seen such a beautiful creature. The dim lights of the castle gave him a y mysterious look. Was this because he’s a vampire and their beauty’s is some sort of bait to catch their prey? She thought.

He threw her a stack of clothes. It was a rude move but that’s how prisoners should be treated, right?

“its so you can change…be careful with them..they used to belong to my mother.” she looked up to face him, but he was already gone.

She looked at the beautiful dresses. Obviously they weren’t of this century. Such dresses must of cost a fortune. She knew it wasn’t right to wear them. She didn’t want to. But she had to obey. As a prisoner, she didn’t have a choice. She looked through them one by one until one caught her eye. It was the simplest looking one out of all of the rest. It wasn’t big and fancy like the rest. Yet she loved it.

She went to the bathroom where she changed. she stared at her refection in the mirror. She turned the faucet and waited for the warm water to start flowing. She washed her face and fixed her messy hair with her fingers.

When she got out of the bathroom, he was already sitting on the bed playing with rocky. Deep down she was a bit jealous. Rocky was and always has been hers. No one ever played with him but her. And now there he was, wagging his tail with his tongue out like the happiest dog in the world.

“ahem..”

When he looked up he quickly stood up.
He stared at her with sad eyes.
Eyes which made her uncomfortable.
Soon realizing what he was doing, he snapped out of it.

“sorry…its just that… that was my mothers favorite dress…” he said now avoiding eye contact.

“oh..I.. im sorry.. Ill take it off right now” she said while turning back to the bathroom but he quickly took hold of her wrist.

“no…its fine. Lets go. Im hungry.” he said, letting go of her wrist he went out the door with her and rocky following.

Once down stairs, he lead them to the dinning room where everything was perfectly set with candles and everything.

“are you expecting anyone?” she asked

“no, this is for you guys. I noticed how skinny you and your dog are…” he said as he took a seat. Obviously at the end of the table where the head of the house should sit.

“do..do vampires eat too?” she shyly asked him as she took a seat as well. Though she didn’t take a seat at the other end. She had no right. She was the prisoner.

“I haven’t eaten in centuries. But we CAN it. We just don’t need it so I don’t do it. But since you’re human, ill join you and your dog just for tonight.” he said as he poured himself a glass of blood. It was obvious it wasn’t wine.

“what will I do here?” she asked moments later.

“you’ll start first thing tomorrow. I already told you where the supplies are. After you’re done eating feel free to walk around the castle. Just don’t go outside, the storm is already here. don’t worry about doing dishes tonight, its been a long day. You guys-..”

“its ____ and rocky…my name is _____ and his name is Rocky” she interrupted.

“ok…._____and Rocky….when your done, just go to bed. A long day awaits tomorrow.” with out finishing his food he stood up while cleaning his mouth with the napkin.

“where are you going?…” she asked him as she also stood up.

“finish eating… im going to my room. Good night. Ill explain how you’ll do your job tomorrow….” he said as he walked away. But he suddenly stopped.

“by the way… my name is Taemin…Lee Taemin”