We May Not Be Blood Related, But We’re Family

Maid For Them
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“Kyu! Pass me the salt!” I heard Ryeowook shout in the kitchen.

We arrived back home a few hours ago, & the sun’s almost setting. Time for dinner, & Ryeowook’s busy cooking it up. I did nothing & just sat on the couch while watching the TV.

With the remote in my hand, I decided to check up on some channels. That is until…

*Snatch!*

“Ah!” I exclaimed as it flew out from my hand onto Heechul’s. He smirked & just sat beside me on the couch without care.

“You do know I was watching that” I glared at him.

“Yea?” he smugged at me. I groaned & just stood up on my feet & left.

I’m in no mood right now…

 

Heechul’s POV

Huh? Well that was odd. She didn’t even care to grab the remote back. That’s weird… Usually she would try & rip my head off if I grab the remote while she’s watching Hongki on TV!

Which reminds me… She has been acting a bit strange lately. Especially ever since we got back from our outing today.

 

“DINNER’S READY!!!!!”

 

As soon as Ryeowook announced that, everyone came tumbling in from left, right, UP…

 

“Hyung, where’s Jade? It’s dinner time already” Donghae told me.

“I think she’s up in her room” I said.

“Oh, ok. I’ll go get her” he said & started walking towards the stairs.

“No wait!” I stopped him. “I-I’ll go get her”

“Alright, thanks hyung”

“No problem” I said & ran up the stairs.

I’m thinking… I should be the one to go get her. I mean, she seemed pretty upset when I grabbed the remote… which is soo not like her to be like that. But anyways, I guess I should apologize.

 

I reached her room & stood outside the door while knocking on it, twice. “Jade?”

No answer. I sighed…

“Jade, it’s me. Look, I’m sorry for grabbing the remote from you. Now come on down. Dinner’s ready” I told her over the door.

Still no sound, & all was silence. Not even a squeak came from her room.

I opened the door slowly to find that it was unlocked.

“Jade?...” I whispered. The room was bright. But no sign of her.

“That’s weird… Where could she be?” I asked myself while scrunching my hair, thinking.

I noticed something glistening on top of her bed & went to look at it. Then I noticed that it was a box. An opened one at that. & the shiny things in there? Were jewelries.

It’s odd when you think about it. Who knew she even has jewelries.

WAIT UP.

What the heck am I doing?! I’m so busy observing JEWELRIES that I have NO idea where Jade is!!

 

“GUYYYYYYYSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I ran back down the stairs.

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Leeteuk asked me.

“Is Jade here??” I asked him.

“Isn’t she with you?”

“No! She’s not in her room!”

“What?! Then where is she???”

They all had panicked looks on their faces.

“I’ll go check on her in the backyard” Yesung said & immediately ran outside.

“I’ll check the pool”

“I’ll check the frontyard!!”

 

& after a few minutes of checking…

“She’s not here” Siwon panted as we all gathered back in the living room. “Eunhyuk, did you check out the garden?”

“Yea, she’s not there” Eunhyuk said sadly.

“Any clue on where she could be? She didn’t say anything about going out, did she?” Shindong asked.

“Not at all” Leeteuk said, shaking his head. “But don’t worry. Here, why don’t we split up & go check out in the city”

“You think she went out?” Sungmin asked.

“Maybe… Come on. Let’s go!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

We split up, & I was left all by myself in the streets, looking for her. My phone rang & I picked it up & immediately asked. “Did you find her?” 

A sigh was heard on the other end. “No… We looked every inch of the mall. She’s not there” Donghae said.

“Well have you checked any other stores besides the mall?”

“Not yet. But Leeteuk & Shindong are checking it out”

“Aishh… Where could she be?” I sighed to myself.

“I dunno… Did you two get into a fight again?”

“What? No! Well… I just stole the remote from her, that’s all. But come on! Don’t tell me because of that she ran away!”

“Not sure… I’ll keep looking” he said, then ended the call; leaving me feeling useless out on the streets trying to find Jade.

“Dang it! Where is she?” I groaned to myself. “I swear, she is so gonna get it from me once I find her!” I said as I began storming through a crowd of people. Man, New York sure is busy. Kinda like Seoul.

I looked up at the sky. The sun’s almost setting. Gotta find her quick! If only things like this are as easy as a walk in the park…

“Wait. PARK! That’s it!”

Once I figured it out, I began dialing the guys.

“Yo, Donghae. I think I know where she is. You guys just stay put at home just in case if she gets back” I told him, then ended th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter