Ice Cream (2)

My Shining SHINay

 

Chapter 7: [Ice Cream] {2}

 


 

 

 

     “So anyway, where did you get the ice cream from? The only place that has ice cream is…. Oh no.” I gasped, and my eyes widened in horror. “Sherry, did you get these from the mini fridge downstairs?” I asked worriedly, pointing to the half-eaten ice cream sandwiches. She nodded her head, and took another bite, 
 
     “Yeah, why?”
 
     “Oh shi-” I see Jinki Oppa flash me a warning glare, “-taki mushrooms.” 
 
          Finishing, I glanced at Jinki Oppa, who had a pleased expression twisted onto his face. I ignored him, focusing on the more important matters.
 
     “Jinki Oppa, I need you to run to the grocery store and buy a box of ice cream sandwiches exactly.” I rushed, shoving cash and the wrapper into his hands, and her responds with a confused look.
 
     “Ah, hurry! Just go to the store, and buy a box of ice cream sandwiches with this brand name.” I explained hurriedly, jabbing my index finger at the blue and white striped wrapper, “Now, GO. Hurry before-”
 
          My blabbering is cut off as a high-pitched shriek explodes from downstairs.
 
     “What was that?” Sherry and Jinki Oppa asked simultaneously. 
 
     “Oh no…” I mumbled, stuffing wrappers into Sherry’s backpack, “Sher, time to go.”
 
          Throwing her bag off of the window ledge and onto the ground five feet below. Sherry opens here mouth to argue, but I push her towards the open window before she can say anything. 
 
     “Hehe, you know how my parents are, no friendus over after seven.” I forced laughter while I watched Sherry jump down from the balcony and check her watch.
 
     “But it only four thirty!” she yelled.
 
     “Sorry Sherry, I can’t hear you!” I lied poking my head out the window, “See you at school tomorrow!”
 
          I pulled my head back inside, and closed the window. Pulling down the curtains, I heard Sherry growl from outside.
 
     “Seriously? You’re only, like, five feet away from me! How can you NOT hear me?!”
 
          *Sorry Sherry, but I’m afraid I just can’t show you what my step family is really like just yet…* I sighed, stuffing earplugs in my and Jinki Oppa’s ears, counting down mentally,
 
          *3...2...1.*
 
     “You! You stole my food!” Michaela screamed, bursting into my room, and waving one of her sausage fingers at me accusingly.
 
     “OHMIGOSH, SHINEE ONEW OPPA!!!” Michaela squealed as he spotted Jinki Oppa, and she ran up to him. I snickered silently as she wrapped her flabby arms around Jinki Oppa, squeezing him, and he had to awkwardly hug her back, “I’m going to tell all my friends about this on Kakao talk!!”
 
(A:N//; Kakao talk is like the Korean Version of SMS.)
 
          Michaela bragged as she snapped multiple pictures of her and Jinki Oppa with her cell phone, posing with pouty faces, and her fingers formed chubby ‘v’s. Once she finished with her ‘photo shoot’, she gave Jinki Oppa a wet kiss on his cheek, and ran out the door fan-girling.
 
          I chortled to myself and turned back to my laptop, knowing that Michaela would forget all about the ice cream now that she had something to brag about. I pressed the ‘call’ button and waited. Within a couple seconds, they picked up, but this time, only Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key showed up on the monitor.
 
     “Oh, where’s Minho Oppa?” I asked, noticing his absence, “Wait… Ice cream?”
 
          They nodded their heads, and Key broke out into a mischievous smile, “I knew that you know who we are. Hmph, SHINee’s popularity is really amazing.” he smirked, proud of his so-called accomplishment. Jonghyun snorted.
 
     “Yup, because it’s totally AMAZING that the leader of SHINee has a sister that actually knows who we are.” Jonghyun said sarcastically, earning a head thump from Key. I smiled at them, feeling warm and bubbly from seeing them act like this, and I looked over at Jinki Oppa to check up on him since he hadn’t spoken in a while.
 
     “ACK!!! OPPA!!!!” I shrieked as I saw Jinki Oppa sprawled out on my bed, looking as if he had just seen a ghost, and his whole body trembling violently. I scrambled to his side and patted his face lightly, checking if he was conscious. When his eyes didn’t open, I began to freak out, and so did SHINee.
 
     “Aish, what do I do?” I panicked, grabbing my hair.
 
     “Yah what’s going on?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.
     “Hey you! Answer us!” Key barked.
     “What’s wrong with Onew Hyung?” Taemin bellowed.
 
          I ignored them, and went back to flailing around beside Jinki Oppa, who had stopped shaking. Soon, I realized that spazzing wouldn’t help him, and I calmed myself down, then checked his pulse.
 
          *Same speed as mine.* I thought. Then his breathing. *Steady.*
 
          His eyes began to flutter open., and the color began to return to his face. I started calling is name, when he sat up abruptly, maliciously scrubbing the cheek that Michaela had kissed with his shirt sleeve.
 
     “Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. YUCK, YUCK. YUCK!!! THAT WAS SCARRING.” he whined. I exhaled a long breath, put my hands on my hips, and dipped my head. 
 
          When Jinki Oppa asked me a question.
 
     “Yah, Jinhye-yah. If you were so scared, why didn't you call 119 or 1339?” My face started to turn red, and I looked down in embarrassment.
 
     “Because I panicked…” I mumbled. Then switched subjects.
 
     “Seriously, you’re so lame… Geez, I was actually really scared! You dumb dubu!” I cried, burying my head under my pillow jokingly. He laughed light heartedly and turned back to the concerned members. 
 
     “Don’t worry my dear dongsaengs!” he called in his booming man voice, “Your leader is alive. You can rejoice now. 
 
(A:N//; The explanation to these two numbers can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/119_(emergency_telephone_number) Just look underneath 119 in South Korea)
 

K, so Imma try the music thing.

Listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BlkkfkX4rY while reading from here on.

 

          Everyone rolled their eyes, and shook their heads. While Key’s face began to turn red like crazy, and when the other members noticed, they covered their ears. I followed suit and tried to warn Jinki Oppa, who was busy laughing, but it was already too late.

          It had begun.
 
     “YAH! LEE JINKI!!” Key screamed, and Jinki Oppa froze, “YOU ARE SO STUPID. WHAT THE HECK IS YOUR PROBLEM SCARING PEOPLE LIKE THAT!?!”
 
     “Kibum-”
 
     “DON’T YOU DARE ‘KIBUM’ ME!!” Key roared, his face purple, 
 
      “WE TAKE TIME OFF OF OUR BUSY SCHEDULES TO COME AND TALK TO YOU AND SISTER, BECAUSE SHE‘S MOVING TO SEOUL TO LIVE WITH US, WHICH YOU HAVEN’T EVEN EXPLAINED WHY. AND NOW, when we try to have a CONVERSATION, YOU INTERRUPT IT BY HAVING A SEIZURE!?”
 
          Jinki shuts the laptop, and I freeze where I am, 
 
          *Because she’s moving to Seoul to live with us…*
 
          Key's words repeat in my head like a broken record.
 
     “Jinki Oppa. What did he mean by moving?” I asked, swallowing the dry lump in my throat. Oppa looked at me sadly.
 
     “Sorry, Jinhye-ah. This may be sudden, but I just missed you so much, and… Well, you’re coming back to live with me in Seoul.”
 
     “Oppa..” he turned away, not able to look at me any longer.
 
     “And we’re going tomorrow…”
 

Sorry for not updating recently, hope this makes up for it. :D