Intro

My Shining SHINay

 

For those who may have seen this story before, I DID NOT PLAGIARIZE. It's just that during the crash, my story got deleted (this story), and I got tired of waiting, so I just decided to re-post.
 
 

Chapter 1: [Intro]

 
Present Day-
 
 
          I press my face deeper into my pillow and squeeze my hands over my ears in a helpless attempt to block out the shrieks.
 
     “GET RID OF THAT GIRL!!! SHE’S A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!!!” the raspy voice of my step mother seeps through my closed door, and I roll my eyes then scoff, thinking sarcastically to myself,
 
          *It’s wonderful how your completely oblivious to the fact that I can HEAR everything you‘re saying about me.* 
 
     “Send her to live with that useless son of yours in Seoul or something. You know what? I don’t care, just get her out of my sight!” 
 
          *Oh (insert inappropriate word here), no. Does she realize that this WORTHLESS step son of hers is globally recognized as a star, AND makes hundreds of thousands of dollars every year? If only that cow knew that I practically had to BEG him to not send any money to this family, otherwise she would spend it on herself… again.*
 
          I continued mentally cursing at her, and then rushed downstairs to join my stepsister, Michaela, at the breakfast table, where she sat digging her pudgy fingers into a chocolate cake. Ay-ay-ay… She’s only 4, and yet she weighs what a slightly chubby 10 year old would weigh. Her diet, whatever she wants. 
 
          *Spoiled, spoiled little child.* I think to myself. Then I open the cupboards and begin to scan through them.
 
     “What’s for breakfast today? Oh, WOW. Instant noodles.”
 
          Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE instant ramen/noodles/ramyun, but when you have it everyday for LITERALLY the past 5 years of your life, it gets a bit… yeah. I boil the water and fill the Styrofoam bowl to the designated line, then set my little chicken timer to 3 minutes, when the doorbell rings, and I immediately hear this,
 
     “LEE JIN HYE. I SMELL RAMEN, NOW OPEN THIS DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN.” a voice booms on the other side of the door, followed by a laugh.
 
     “What she means is, open the door before she eats through it.” the deep voice of my friend Jisoo says calmly. 
 
          Michaela’s ears perk up at Jisoo’s voice, and she immediately rushes to the door, using her sticky hands to try and open the door. When she’s finally able to, the bodies of my three best friends slip in.
 
     “MWAHAHA! Give me da food!!” Mari bounds to the kitchen and sticks her head into the open cupboards, coming out with her hands filled with ramen.
 
          Sherry (aka MY ULTIMITE BEST FRIEND) is the last to walk through the door, and once she does, she plops straight down onto the couch while pulling out her iPod from her back pocket. I settle down behind her and slurp up my noodles eagerly, until the little piggy has to ruin my appetite. 
 
     “Jisoo Oppa~! Feed me~~!” I twist my head around to spot Michaela holding open. Jisoo raises a confused eyebrow at her, and she points to his cup ramen, “Feed me.”
 
     “The heck?” Sherry says the moment I tell her to look up, “How many dramas has this child watched for her to know this tactic?”
 
          I shrug my shoulders, and choke on my ramen when Monica tries to eat Jisoo’s noodles. Lady and the Tramp spaghetti style. 
 
 

 

(I imagine this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZi010z5so LOL. You can guess who’s who.)
 
Thanks for reading!