Stranger Danger

My Shining SHINay

Comments are appreciated. :D


 
Chapter 4: [Stranger Danger]

 


 
          The phone rang, it's alarm echoing throughout the house.
 
     “I’ll get it!” Jinhye cried out to the other residents of the home, although it was already very obvious that she would be the one to pick it up anyways.
 
     “Hello?” she said cheerfully.
 
     “Juliette~. Oh~. I will give you my soul~.” a familiar voice sang through the phone. Immediately, Jinhye recognized the owner of the voice and called his name brightly.
 
     “Jinki Oppa!” she squeaked out.
 
     “Anyo child.” his smooth voice replied softly on the other end, “How’s life?”
 
     “Ugh. If you know what I mean.” Jinhye groaned. 
 
     “Tell me about it. These schedules are KILLING me.”
 
     “Oh yeah? Well, the homework over here is killing me as well.” Jinhye chuckled, but in fact, it wasn‘t only the homework killing her, it was her nasty step mother and sister, plus the conversation between her Appa and Oppa that she had overheard. Was it just a terrible dream that she had that night, or was it real? About to ask Jinki for herself and clarify what actually happened, she was stopped by his sudden sentence,
 
     “I have a surprise for you.”
 
          Forgetting all about the conversation once she heard the word ‘surprise’, Jinhye yelped,
 
     “What? What is it!?” she asked eagerly, tightening her grip on the phone.
 
     “I’m coming to visit you guys!” Jinki said, and instantly, the merry expression on her face vanished. 
 
          *Oh no… So soon? That means it was true…*
 
     “That’s great…” she replied weakly.
 
     “I know huh? Oh yeah, I have another surprise for you!” her Oppa added happily.
 
     “Really? What’s that?” Jinhye asked unenthusiastically, her brow wrinkling in concern that what she would her next wouldn't be all that fun.
 
     “I’ll tell you when we meet.” he answered slyly, then hung up the phone, leaving a anticipating and worried Jinhye on the other end.
 
          *Fantastic…* she thought sarcastically, pressing the end button, officially hanging up on the call that would change half her life.
 
 
~*~
 
 
     "Do you really think he's coming?" Sherry mumbled as she took a quick glance up from her book.
 
     "Meh. I honestly don't have a clue anymore." I sigh heavily and stuff my hands into the pockets of my faded jeans, "He's skipped out on me so many times already..."
 
          I kick a small pebble and watch as it bounces a couple times, then skids to a stop. Right in front of a pair of shoes. An amazingly awesome pair of shoes. Immediately I rush over to the owner, eyes still locked on the colourful high tops. Once I reach them, my mouth drops and I stare,
 
     “Where did you get these amazing shoes?” I asked excitedly, not moving my eyes from the shoes.
 
     “I’ll let you have them if you give me a hug.” a deep, voice answered. I froze, uncertain as to what to do in this situation. Letting instincts take control, I felt myself stomp on the ert’s foot, and punch him in the stomach. He doubled over, and collapsed onto his knees, gasping for air. About to run away, the stranger reached out and grabbed the end of my pants. I shrieked, horrified, and kicked the hand away. When… I caught a glimpse of the stranger’s face, and I realized that this person wasn’t a stranger what-so-ever….
 
     “Jinki Oppa…” I stared, wide eyed. He looked up and smiled at me from his crumpled position on the ground.
 
     “Anyo child… thanks for the welcome home." Then he passed out in front of my eyes.
 
 

Sorry, just a bunch of crappy dialougue.... My wifi got screwed up during a big thunderstorm here in Canada.... BUT I'M BACK! And thank you SO much to my subscribers.