Last Day

My Shining SHINay

 

Chapter 2: [Last Day]

 


 
     “Let’s go people! We’re going to be late!!!” Janna said as she ran ahead of us at her track-and-field-captain pace. Jisoo had no trouble keeping up with her, but Sherry and I had decided to take it easy. It was the last day of school after all.
 
          *The last day… That means the last time I get to see most of these guys…*
          I thought as last week’s events flashed through my head.
 
 
~*~
 
 
     “Lee Jinki.” I heard Appa’s scruffy voice while coming upstairs after drinking a glass of water in the kitchen. 
 
          *Lee Jinki? Oh. That’s Oppa!* Curious as to why Appa would be calling Jinki Oppa this late at night, I snuck across the hall and carefully peered through the small gap between the doors of Appa’s study. 
 
     “I don’t care how you do it. Just get over here and bring your sister back to Seoul with you.”
 
          *What? He’s sending me to live with Oppa? In Seoul? Sweet!* I pumped my fists in the air silently, but I recalled his tone, which was cold and distant, the exact opposite of the Appa I knew before Mom died, and I slowly brought down my arm, realizing that this wasn‘t as great as I thought it to be.
 
     “It’s too hard to take care of a wife, daughter, and teenager. Although I don’t have the right to ask, do me this favour and get her off of my hands.” he stopped talking to listen to Jinki Oppa on the other end, “I DO NOT CARE what you think, just get this brat OUT OF MY FACE and OUT OF MY HOUSE.”
 
          Appa’s face is red from yelling, and he breathes heavily as he listens to Jinki Oppa. I watch him scrunch his face up in anger, then roar into his phone furiously. 
 
     “DON’T YOU DARE BRING UP YOU’RE MOTHER INTO THIS. SHE DIED OK?! YOU CAN’T BRING HER BACK, AND NOW THAT SHE’S GONE I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS CHILD.”
 
          Enough was enough. Not able to listen to this conversation any further, I felt the thick tears begin to form at the corner of my eyes, and I stumble back to my room as silently as possible while in this state. Does her really not care? Even if Omma did die, he’s still my father. He should love me just the same right!? A wave of emotions sweeps over my mind as my feet leave the carpeted hallway and make contact with the cold hardwood of my room. 
 
          Confusion, anger, relief, hate, resentment.
 
          How could he do this to me…? I thought as I collapsed onto my bed.
 
          Actually you know what?! That jerk never was there for me in the first place! He just loved Omma, and only her… When she died, he tried to act like a real father but eventually gave up, sending Oppa away and going clubbing every night!!! 
 
          I scoffed and blinked back the pearly tears. Huh. Finally, a way to get away from this prison. I’ll go live with Oppa in Seoul and marry a super good looking guy, and forget all about him. I’ll be happy then…
 
          I think as the darkness engulfs me and I fall asleep crying bitterly.
 

Wah!! It's so y.... Thanks for reading! :)