Unexpected Reunion

Stay Beside Me ♥ [HIATUS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSnlsgE-ahw&feature=relmfu

*******

 

 

Chanyeol.

 

 

You freezed. As you stood paralysed staring at Chanyeol, you caught his jaw dropped so low and his body stiffen. You never expected to meet Chanyeol again, in a café, where Kai works. His eyes fixed on yours, but your eyes slowly scanned him until you notice he was wearing the café's uniform.

"I'm done," Kai gently placed his perfect cup of cappuccino on top of the bar, then he spotted Soojung, also you and Chanyeol staring weirdly at each other. He made a quiet cough, "If I'm disturbing both of you, then I better be excused." He meant those words to the two awkward people he is facing right now. Soojung also turned to face you.

Chanyeol and you, finally, stopped staring at each other after hearing those words. You turned your head then realized the barista earlier and the voice that woke you up was Kai's. Kai!

"Oppa!"

Kai laughed at you cheerfully then leaned on the bar, "How's my Monkey Girl?" You smiled in reply, Chanyeol noticed that. Why is she smiling like that to Kai? And what's her relation with KAI??

"So, I guess you've met him, Chanyeol." Kai smirked to you but still trying to remember, the girl that Chanyeol mentioned...

 

Jung...

 

Jung...

 

JUNG HYERIM!

 

 

Kai was surprised, his clumsy crazy little monkey, is actually the derp's princess. But nonetheless, he's glad he could actually play around with it. Then he figured that Hyerim did not know that.

"I remember, he's the guy broking the plates yesterday right?" Soojung chuckled, commenting on Chanyeol.

"The derp king, Park Chanyeol." Kai added playfully, "Hyerim, do you know that Chanyeol happened to..." He was stopped by Chanyeol's hands covering his mouth.

"It was nothing! Really, nothing!" Chanyeol muttered to you, he seemed flustered. That made you feel suspicious.

Suddenly, a group of really cute boys, came to the bar. Four of them, six including Chanyeol and Kai. You spotted the waiter that eyed you earlier, also noticed that the café only had six male employees, and all of them are very cute and hot. No wonder it is filled with giggling girls.

"Hyung, who are they?"

"They're my old friends, this is Soojung," Kai pointed towards Soojung, then she waved softly to the four boys, "and her little sister...... JUNG HYE RIM." Kai was smiling uncontrollably when he introduced you to the four boys. "This is Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, but he preferred to be called D.O., and Suho. I bet Hyerim knew this giant already, PARK CHANYEOL. Then altogether, we're the EXO-K."

"H-hi.." you murmured, "Nice to meet you guys."

"Don't be shy to us," Suho said in reply. Suho, he's nice and welcoming. "All of us worked together here, it's been a year."

Sehun searched his mind, then he remembered something, "Hyung, hyung!" Sehun...right? The waiter that eyed me strangely, he doesn't look as scary, in fact, pretty childish. "I-I remember!"

Chanyeol swiftly turned to Sehun's side, he stepped the maknae's foot to stop him from spilling the truth. Ow. The maknae yelped in pain wanting to scream at the top of his lungs, but words hang in his throat. Chanyeol only glared at him and continue smiling like an idiot. Sehun then grab hold of Chanyeol's arm tightly meaning for revenge, then both of them started a little fight in front of you.

Baekhyun noticed those kids creating chaos, then he kindly offered you and Soojung to sit.

"Hyerim and Soojung, why not take a seat. I'll find an empty table then go grab some drinks for you."

"Thanks," you muttered in reply to Baekhyun. He then moved both of you further from the other boys. Knowing that you're out of sight, next thing D.O. did was dragging the two miserably cute kids, Sehun and Chanyeol, into the kitchen and started arguing in there.

 

*******

 

"HYUNG! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING EARLIER?!"

 

 

Sehun shouted at his hyung, Chanyeol. Then both of them started strangling each other playfully. Suho and Kai walked in following the others. Looking at those two boys fighting, Suho quickly separate them to different sides.

"Stop fighting you both."

"Umm..okay," the maknae moaned in reply, "but Chanyeol hyung started it first! It wasn't my fault, he stepped on my foot so hard it could break off itself!"

Kai laughed at the maknae's cute innocence, "But you should know what made him do that Sehun..."

"Yeah," D.O. exclaimed loudly, "and why is your girl standing up by the way?"

"Hahaha.. yeah I remembered! The girl with the red cardigan earlier, Hyerim, right?" the maknae excitedly squealed, "the derp's dream princess~"

"I thought you mentioned she was on a wheelchair, she's pretty cute too."

Kai and Sehun laughed at D.O.'s statement, but Suho only glanced at Chanyeol and grinned.

"She IS cute..." Chanyeol whispered quietly, maybe none of them could even hear it.

*******

 

"Here you go, please enjoy your time here."

 

Baekhyun happily served you and Soojung, he gently placed a cup of vanilla bean frappuccino and a cup of hot orange chocolate on your table. Then he quickly rushed back into the kitchen.

"Guys! Why aren't you helping me wait tables? Those girls are being crazy and you're leaving me alone to serve all of them," Baekhyun pouted. Then he shot a pitiful sad look to the members hoping they'll quickly return to work.

"Alright, come one guys we should get back to work," Suho chided.

"Sigh. Why can't be just stay here?" Sehun sadly murmured.

 

 

You gulped down your hot orange chocolate that Baekhyun served on your table. Mmm..delicious. You missed dining in the cafés, before, you often visit them after school and finish your homeworks there. Soojung took a sip of her frappuccino then gently placed it back.

"Hyerim, you've met Kai. You saw that he's forever that ignorant, will you stop dreaming about him after this?" Soojung joked to you.

"Hey, wait, what? No!" you awkwardly replied Soojung while holding onto your cup.

"Then how about this weirdly stupid guy, Chanyeol?" Soojung smiled at you, trying to get the truth out of you, "So... you've met him before? But why didn't you tell me you knew this Chanyeol guy?"

"Ummm...he's...he's Sunyoung's brother, I just met him for a second yesterday when he picked up Sunyoung in the garden," you mumbled, "and I am clueless about him and Kai, and never knew that he is working here right now."

"Ah, I see.. so nothing special about him?" Soojung attacked you with weird questions.

"No, perhaps not unnie! Yah, stop asking me these kind of questions I can't answer properly!" You dug your face in your hands, then Soojung cracked a short laughter at you.

 

 

 

"Go to table 21, and serve these apple tart tatin and rainbow fruit sponge cake. Slowly, don't drop anything."

Baekhyun adviced Chanyeol and handed him the cakes and utensils on his tray. Chanyeol nodded in reply then carefully walked across to table 21. The girls that he passed giggled at Chanyeol because sometimes the tray that he was holding was shaking. After successfully reaching a few steps before table 21, he realized that Baekhyun ordered him to serve Hyerim's table. Again, Chanyeol's tray shook. He turned around and spotted Baekhyun serving tables nearby, then Chanyeol saw Baekhyun winking and nodding to him. A slight blush crept up to his cheeks.

"E-excuse me..." Chanyeol muttered, "Here's your cakes." He lifted the cake one by one from his tray, as he placed them above the table, the plates he was holding shook hardly on his hands. You eyed Chanyeol suspiciously, yes, he noticed that too.

"Enjoy.." he quickly ran back to the bar, then spoke as he was crushing D.O.'s shoulders. "E-earlier, I failed serving H-hyerim's t-table."

D.O. shot him with his troll face, then quickly shoved Chanyeol away. "I guess you must learn how to control your Hyerim-disease, it's getting a lot worse by now."

Chanyeol fell behind the bar, sat down, then finally start loosing his soul. Kai, the regular barista, stared and laughed at him while wiping the glasses he picked up from the kitchen.

"Here, wipe these before you die. Or at least fill them with your miserable tears..." Kai laughed loudly at you, "I'll go and talk to Soojung and Hyerim, since after all, you really can't spit a word when you're with Hyerim."

Stood up, Chanyeol took the cloth that Kai used to wipe the glasses, while wiping them, he carefully watched Kai coming to Hyerim's direction.

 

 

"Soojung-ssi, Monkey Girl!"

You heard Kai's voice calling you, then automatically you turned and saw him coming to your table. Kai took a seat across your side, beside Soojung.

"So, how was life lately?" Kai's expression changed quickly, from the playful and jerky look to the soft look he had when you were younger.

"Life's just fine..." Soojung replied solemnly, "We moved into a small apartment after our parents left us, then both of us took part time jobs to support our life."

"Our parents do send us money, but these days they don't do that often..." your face tilted until your eyes spot the floor, "Soojung did a part time job in a famous restaurant, but she worked only during Friday-Monday shifts."

"The money they paid me there is quite an amount, the restaurant is a busy one, so the staff separate shifts," Soojung added.

Kai listened to everything, "The first few months without you guys are pretty rough, truthfully. No more monkey-climbing competitions held.."

"Hey! I remembered that," you laughed then Kai started laughing too, "but Soojung unnie never climbed the hard ones!"

Soojung laughed at your words. Chanyeol saw you were laughing with each other, he couldn't hear the words because the table is far apart. Byun Baekhyun, why did you chose that table from all the others nearby the bar? The glass Chanyeol was holding nearly broke into a million pieces because he gripped it tightly. I wish I am the one there talking to Hyerim.

 

 

It's getting later, the café slowly cleared out. One by one, the girls exited, but before that they will always try to flirt with the EXO-K members. Every time a girl tried to flirt with Chanyeol, he only ignored them. His gaze still fixed on your table, on you and Kai chatting with each other. Every girl that made an attempt to seduce Kai, was also ignored straightforwardly.

"Ah, mianhae Kai, but I guess we must leave now," Soojung sadly told Kai while standing up and picking up her bag.

"Unnie, can't we stay just a bit longer? Pretty please??"

"Hyerim, no. You promised not only me, but the doctors too, that you'll quickly return to the hospital," Soojung strictly replied, trying to resist your pitiful looks.

You pouted at Soojung's decision, stood up then sadly walked to the door. The EXO-K members waved at you and Soojung.

"Come here often~" maknae Sehun chirped.

"Thanks for your visit to the E.T.C." Suho smiled and waved at both of you.

"See you soon, Soojung and, Monkey Girl!" Kai shouted out loudly.

"Bye-bye~" D.O. waved at you cheerfully.

"Come again if you have time," Baekhyun reminded you before you leave.

 

 

Soojung motioned for you to exit the door. The EXO-K members watched both of you leave. You turned your head around and slowly walked back to the streets.

"Hyerim!"

You heard Chanyeol's deep voice calling you from behind, you turned around to face him.

"I-I just want to say.. safe trip back to the hospital! Come and visit E.T.C. often, I promise I'll serve you better!" Chanyeol half-said, half-shouted those words. It made you smile and slightly blushed.

"Bye-bye Chanyeol! I'll visit often~" you happily reply then sweetly smiled at him. Looking at your sweet smile, made Chanyeol's heart skip a beat. His face was blushing as red as the apples, but he doesn't care. At last, Chanyeol smiled happily also energetically waved good-bye at you.

 

 

"Hyerim.." you turned your head around again to face Soojung, "come on, we must leave right now."

Soojung smiled at you, then added a joke, "I'm guessing that Chanyeol got something for you, he seems like he really does Hyerim."

"NO!" you quietly shouted at Soojung in reply, "We're just normal friends, that's it."

"For you, maybe just a normal friend... but who knows Chanyeol might think of you as someone special." Soojung giggled at it.

 

Both of you walked back to the bus stop, this time, you weren't acting hyper and crazy. Walking normally beside your sister, staying quiet, heads down, only the sounds of your shoes are heard. In your mind, you couldn't stop thinking about Soojung unnie's words...

 

 

Really?

Can I be special in Chanyeol's eyes?

 

 

*******

 

Author's Note:

Hi, thanks a lot for the views, hope you like my story! Please do subscribe and comment too. I'm a bit rushing this chapter, hopefully it's good enough for you. A lot of tests are coming so I'll be pretty busy. Wait for the next update okay? Thanks!

 

A cookie-chanyeol GIF for you in return! ^___^  (GIF credits to the rightful owner!)

 

xoxo blackprincess1310