Childhood Memories

Stay Beside Me ♥ [HIATUS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpSld-ynKRQ&feature=relmfu

*******

 

A little bit more...

 

"Oppa..."

 

A blurry vision of a boy reaching out his hand appeared before your eyes. As you tried to step up and elevate yourself, you tripped and nearly fall. As you automatically closed your eyes, a loud scream was heard, you expect yourself to be unconscious, lying helpless on the bright patches of grass underneath right now. But you could feel a warm yet strong grip to your hand, you opened your eyes aware of your surroundings.

 

"Hyerim... quickly... I... can't... hold... you..."

 

You heard the voice, made a loud gasp, then swiftly reached up and motioned yourself to sit on a branch not far from where you are before. The strong grip on your hands slowly softened and releases itself, but you still could feel the warmth on your hand.

 

"Monkey Girl... for the first time ever, you failed."

A laughter bursted from above you, your vision then pictured a clear sight of a boy no other than your neighbor and childhood friend, Kai, laughing at your failure to climb a tree.

"It was an accident! I tripped!"

You got irritated then quickly climbed up to match Kai's level, then gave him a hard punch on the arm.

"Hey!"

"That's for laughing at the Monkey Girl..."

Both of you ended up laughing together on the tree, just you and Kai.

 

As you laughed together, the scene suddenly starts to zoom out, then, vague colors slowly appear and everything fades away into a pitch black darkness.

 

*******

 

You suddenly woke up from your short sleep.

 

"Hey, you're back.."

 

You slowly opened your eyes, tilted your head around, so you can face the source of the voice. Soojung. You spot Soojung sitting on a chair calmly watching you.

"Unnie..."

You manage to crack a smile on your sleepy face.

"I talked to the doctor earlier before coming here, he says you're allowed to go out for a short while, but you must be present here in the morning and at night for health observations. They're still monitoring you so they could help you, be patient, sweety."

Soojung held your hands softly then turned to place the cake on your bed and adjust you to your comfortable dining position.

"Here's your cake, your favorite vanilla almond cheescake," Soojung spoke softly while placing a napkin an a fork beside the cake so you could eat comfortably.

"Thank you unnie, can I visit Kai tomorrow? How is he?"

"He's fine. Just like usual days," Soojung answered gently.

"I've never met him anymore ever since we moved, it was 3 years ago right?"

"Yes, I'm not busy tomorrow, so I'll bring you to the café earlier. It was a cute and simple café, and there were lots of girls in there too..."

"Kai without girls around him isn't the Kai I ever knew. He's forever that kind of person unnie," you said with a huge smile plastered on your face, then both of you broke into a laughter.

"I noticed the café has 5 other male workers, each of them unique. Earlier there was this one tall worker that broke all of the plates he was carrying, then ended up paralyzed with a cute shocked face behind Kai."

"Really? Was he really that absurd?" you laughed while munching on your cheesecake.

"Maybe you can ask Kai to introduce him to you tomorrow?"

You don't stop laughing until Soojung started laughing too.

"Unnie, earlier I dreamed of Kai oppa. It was a weird dream, I remembered it happened before, maybe when I was 11..."

"Really? What was it about? Do you mind sharing it with me?" Soojung positioned herself beside your bed ready to listen.

 

 

You placed the fork down, then explained everything in your dream to Soojung.

"Maybe you're missing him. A lot."

Soojung chuckled, you started blushing, but then you quickly hid it with both of your hands.

"You don't often dream about your childhood memories, especially the ones that's related with Kai."

"I often dream about my childhood, I just never really talk about it..."

You found yourself accidentally saying those words, then it's just silence. I miss my childhood days, when I don't need to be hurt so much, when I could just be free. If only I could turn back time...

 

"Hyerim..." Soojung pleaded, "do you remember, when you used to take my belongings and toys?"

"Yes... and I remember you crying loudly because I broke your new doll."

"How about the time when we messed up with the flour, when we got our hairs covered white and you threw a handful of flour to my shirt?"

"I remember, that was when I'm 3 and I was clueless about flours," you answered while bursting into a quiet laughter.

"That day, when Kai moved into the empty house beside ours and the same day when we get to know each other?"

"Yea, we played in the park nearby our houses and that's the first time I saw unnie played happily with a boy."

You found Soojung unnie actually slightly blushed at your statement earlier, then you literally bursted out laughing. Both of you ended up telling memories spent together as a child, you, Soojung and also Kai.

 

 

"That day unnie fell from the tree right? When trying to catch me and Kai in the park!"

"Yes, and that was painful and embarrassing...Hyerim! It's nearly 10 PM, I must leave right now," Soojung unnie hastily said.

"Can't you stay a bit longer unnie?"

"I'm sorry I can't, go to bed right now Hyerim. If you still insists, I won't bring you to the café tomorrow," Soojung joked to you then smiled.

"Haishh it's unfair... then please take care unnie, go home safely, I promise I'll sleep now and wait for you tomorrow. Bye-bye..." you tugged into the blankets then softly waved goodbye.

Soojung gently waved goodbye too, then turned off the lights in your room. You could hear her whisper a soft good-night before the sound of a gentle closing door sounded.

 

That moment, you found yourself thinking instead of sleeping. Tomorrow will be an exciting day, hopefully. I can't wait to meet Kai, and obviously Sunyoung too. Not long after that, you closed your eyes then fell into a deep sleep. 

 

Kai?

I wonder if he still remembers our past memories...

I wish he would.

 

picture credit: as tagged.

*******

 

 

Author's Note:

This is a really short chapter, I know and I again, apologize for it. My short break from school is ending and I must return to school soon. Been busy preparing so I won't write so often any longer. Please anticipate for the next chapter of Stay Beside Me, thanks!

xoxo blackprincess1310