Meeting You

Stay Beside Me ♥ [HIATUS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bewParlnTQ

******

You wiped your tears with your hands.

"I should've forgotten it, stupid me!" you whimpered sadly.

Grabbing your light pink phone from the desk beside your bed, you realized there was an inbox from Soojung.

"Annyeong Hyerim-ah~

Sorry I can't bring your favorite sandwiches for breakfast today...

I have a student council meeting, I must leave early.

Please be careful, don't act crazy kay? ^^

Wait for me after school, I'll bring the latest issue of "GirL!" for you later~

xx Soojung"

 

You were a bit disappointed after reading the text, you always love it when Soojung is there beside you when you wake up. You closed the text and start playing one of your favorite song EXO - Angel..."Neoui sesangeuro yeorin barameul tago, ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago~" Hearing your favorite songs always eases your heart. You started to hum the melody, your voice was beautiful, but you never felt confident with it.

As you start to feel relaxed and soothed, an abrupt knock on your room's door disturbed your harmonious peace. A slight crack opened up, a tray of milk and bread came in ahead. You sighed, "Well, here goes nothing..."

"Good morning Miss Jung Hyerim, how was your sleep last night?" a nurse on her early 30s came in with the tray of food and placed it on the desk beside your bed.

"Fine, just fine..." you whispered, "Medicine time?"

"Technically, your breakfast time, then, your medicine time." the nurse gave you her crappy-old-smile just like every other days spent here. She adjusted the tray of food on your bed, you slowly munched the food she prepared and sometimes cracked a sarcastic smile on your face when you caught her staring at you. *God, if only Soojung unnie is here, I would never get stuck with this irritating women.*

You only finished a quarter of the food she brought, again with the crappy smile! Her looks are exactly like those horrifying dolls in a haunted house, you thought. She stiffly took the tray from your bed, then handed you a small tablet and a glass of water. You can somehow hear her saying 'drink it, or suffer my wrath' . Medicines are worst of the worst, you just extremely hated it, the bitterness somehow never loosen from your mouth.

"Hyerim, if you don't take it now, I guarantee you'll not take your garden-break this afternoon." she interrupted your thoughts, again.

Clenching the tablet in your fist tightly, you convinced yourself to drink it. Come on, Hyerim! Drinking this won't be hard, just one gulp and you're off! Finally, you opened your mouth and swiftly flipped the tablet into your mouth and drank all of the water.

"I guess we're good to go now." you pulled up a taunting smile to the old nurse.

She pulled out a wheelchair beside your bed, you slowly manage to crawl out of bed. Felt eased to be able to stand on two feet again, finally. You adjusted yourself on the wheelchair, then she lightly pushed the wheelchair out of your compartment. 'Space!' you eagerly shouted in your head, getting outside, especially to the garden, has been your favorite thing to do in the hospital.

The nurse clicked the elevator button and manage to fit both of you inside it comfortably. You went out to the ground level, she pushed the wheelchair out to the garden area. At last, your little freedom just right before your eyes.

The view of the colorful garden, the strong smell of flowers, the sound of kids' laughter through your ears somehow made you happy. The nurse left you so you can spend a bit of freedom in the garden, the favorite place of most hospital residents. You pushed the wheels on your chair and motioned yourself beside the benches, the view itself soothed you already.

Just as you were about to get drawn by the scenery, a sudden sound of tears started to grow from your far right side. Mightily, you pushed the wheels and direct yourself closer to the source of the tears. You found out, there was a little girl, maybe five or six, crying hardly alone. Checking your surroundings, it seems like the little girl came alone, so you decide to calm her.

"Hey girl, why are you crying? What's your name sweety?" you picked up a torn doll on the ground, "Is this doll yours? If you want, I can help you fix this."

"Really?" the little girl wiped her tears using her sleeves and showed a part of her face to you.

"Yea, but you haven't tell me your name? I am Jung Hyerim, you can call me Hyerim unnie. Where are your parents?" you smiled softly to the little girl while wiping the dried tears on her face.

"My... my name is Park Sunyoung," the little girl whimpered, "I am five year-old. My dad died when I was a baby and my mom is here in this hospital, she's really sick. I came here with my brother, and usually he'll leave me around here until his work is done, sometimes he offered me to come too."

All of a sudden, your attention was focused only to the little girl. Such a pitiful girl, I hope she doesn't end up like me in the future... Her looks turned bright again, then her shining little eyes motioned to yours, waiting for you to start fixing her torn doll.

You requested a sewing kit from a nurse that passed by the garden, then motioned yourself nearby the bench with Sunyoung. She hummed a cheerful melody as you sewed through her torn doll, her face are as pink as peaches and she has a pair of lovely shining brown eyes.

"Sunyoungie, how 'bout I'll tell you a li'ttle story about me?" she just nodded in agreeing and starts to lean closer to you. "I live only with my sister, her name is Jung Soojung. She is really kind-hearted and patient. Both of my parents lived overseas and never bothered taking care of us anymore, that maybe, can count as being an orphan. I'm taken care here because I got involved with a traffic accident, it's been two months so far. You and I are pretty similar, both of our parents couldn't take care of us and we depend to our siblings."

She frowned then spoke, "Let's play together! I'll come here everyday so we can meet each other, I'll introduce you to brother too!"

You cracked a laughter, she's such a cute little girl! I wish I have a little sister as cute as her, Sunyoung's brother must be really lucky. You watched her as she gave you an angelic smile. How sweet.

"Here! Your doll is as good as new now, promise me not to cry again kay?"

"Thank you unnie!" she darted to your direction and gave you a comfortable warm hug. You were astonished, no one has ever done that before. But, you just couldn't refuse her hug, instead you just patted her head. Then you started humming a soft tune.

"Unnie! Please sing, I would like to hear you sing," Sunyoung asked eagerly.

Somehow I just couldn't refuse her. You took a deep breathe, then started singing, "Jakku nuni gane hayan geu eolgure, jillijido anha neon wae, seuljjeok useojul ttaen na jeongmal michigenne, eojjeom geuri yeppeo babe...."

Suddenly, you heard a deep and loud male voice calling from afar, "Sunyoungie, Sunyoung!!" You watched as Sunyoung reacted to the call, she then ran towards the voice and you heard her mentioning "Oppa!" It must be her brother, I guess it's time for us to part, we've spend a great time together...

Murmurs of a little girl came from behind you, then you heard a few obvious words, "Look, it's her! She's the kind unnie that helped me earlier!" You managed to turn your head around, and then, you were looking face to face with the cutest person you've ever met.