Visit to the Extraterrestrial

Stay Beside Me ♥ [HIATUS]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUVNJTBsyU&feature=relmfu

********

 

 

Waking up with a smile plastered on your face, something unusual these days.

But today... it happened.

 

Stretching both of your hands out, you saw the digital clock shows 08:19, Soojung must be in school already. You smelled a fresh scent of bread, eggs and orange juice nearby. Turning your head around, you found it placed neatly on a desk beside your bed. Beside the perfectly laid breakfast, a yellow-colored paper was sticked. It was a note from Soojung unnie.

 

Rise and shine sweetheart,

How was your sleep? Did you dream of Kai again?

 

Reading that statement made you cracked a soft laughter. Soojung still won't get away with that.

 

I prepared these for you, hope you like it.

Be patient, I'll keep my promise and return quickly!

-Soojung

 

After reading the note Soojung left. You happily finished your breakfast and took the medicine that was also left on the desk. Today was different, and you're glad it is. You smiled then a short thought crossed in your mind, ever since I met Sunyoung yesterday, my almost-ending life became a bit more colorful.

Ah! Sunyoung!

I want to meet her. You slowly manage to get yourself in two-feet, it's been quite some time you're on the wheelchair. But being on one doesn't mean I couldn't walk on my foot any longer right? You used the slippers that the hospital provided, then quietly exited your room.

 

As you passed the rooms in the hospital, you heard a familiar child voice from an opened door. You don't mean to snoop but you're really curious.

Eomma, oppa brought these for you, he couldn't stay here so long because he must go to school.

Really? I wanted to talk to him, I want to thank him. He must be very tired from working.

As you heard an old woman's respond, you got more curious. You peeped through the opened door and saw a sick woman lying on the hospital bed holding a bouquet of colorful flowers. But you're still curious about the little kid talking to her, you open the door a little bit more just the perfect size so you could take a look at the kid.

Sunyoung.

 

You were dazed at what you're looking at, until suddenly, you lose control of the grip on the door and tripped into the room.

 

You were shocked.

 

The old woman was shocked.

 

Sunyoung was shocked.

 

 

You were lying on the floor with only your hands supporting your body. Unnie! You heard Sunyoung's voice calling you from the bedside. She took your hands then helped you stand up.

"Eomma, this is the kind unnie that fixed my doll yesterday!"

"S-sorry," you murmured to the old woman, who you figured actually was Sunyoung's mother, "I don't mean to disturb both of you..."

You eyed the bouquet that she was holding, it was really from Chanyeol? How sweet and caring of him. Then you realize that Sunyoung was still holding onto your hands.

"Good morning, dear," the old woman weakly smiled at you. She scanned your skinny figure, Sunyoung motioned you to sit on the bedside with her. "Nice meeting you, what's your name?"

"Jung Hyerim.." you shyly muttered, eyes couldn't meet Sunyoung's mother, "nice meeting you, again, I'm really sorry."

"It's perfectly fine dear, you're a sweet girl. Sunyoung often talks about you too, she once mentioned that you had a lovely voice." Hearing those compliments made you feel weird. You stared at her face, Sunyoung's mother kept on giving a weak yet sweet smile, she's just like Sunyoung, always having a bright smile plastered on the face.

"Don't feel uncomfortable, you're welcomed with us. Feel free to play with Sunyoung, she really likes you," Sunyoung's mother added. She slowly touched your hands, then fell into a deep sleep.

You gasped, "Sunyoungie, is your eomma alright?" you were a bit flustered.

"She's fine, it often happens. Eomma needs a lot of rest too, so why not take a walk in the garden?" Sunyoung offered then grinned at you.

"Sure, let's go.." you gently lifted her mother's hand, and softly placed it on the bed. Sunyoung and you both quietly exited the room then went to the garden to play.

 

*******

"Hyerim!"

 

Walking slowly from the opened elevator door, you saw Soojung, with her usual brown skirt, dark blue blazer, red tie and white uniform inside, panicking on the corridor, she looked hurried, flustered and worried.

"I thought you're missing, the nurses said they haven't seen you around..." as she spotted you, Soojung gave you a relieved hug. "Why are you going out alone, walking?"

"I'm going around the garden with Sunyoung, the little girl I told you yesterday, and I miss walking on my foot unnie!"

"Yah! You should've at least told the nurse you're going!"

"Unnie, you're too worried sick about me, walking on my feet won't kill. So when can we go to the café, I've been waiting."

You grabbed Soojung's arm then gave her your puppy-face, hoping that she'll quickly get you to meet Kai. "Stop staring at me like that, you know I couldn't resist it... first, here, change in your room then I'll wait by the elevator," Soojung handed a bag of comfortable clothes you could wear then joked, "You wouldn't like Kai to see you on that hospital shirt right? He won't be talking to you and you'll be embarrassed Hyerim..."

Slightly, you hit Soojung's arms, "Hey! I will surely ask for clothes once you're chilled!"

Soojung laughed at you, then you quickly walked into your unit and got changed.

*******

 

During the bus ride, everything that happened was quite fascinating for you.

 

Yes, it's been two months you're living in a hospital. You could only be walking in the gardens unaware of the world outside, you haven't been riding any transportations and it seems like everything was new to your eyes.

Both of your hands were locked to the window beside your seat, your eyes focused on the surroundings you passed as if they never existed before, and you kept on ooh-ing and aah-ing in awe almost to every shop you can see just like a three-year-old kid on their first bus ride.

Soojung sat behind you, she lets you sit alone because that time the bus wasn't as crowded as usual. She observed your every cute and childish actions, then burst out into a quiet laughter. You ignored everyone else in the bus, only minding about your little curiosity.

You went down on the second stop, then continued walking to the café. Soojung slowly walks beside you, also keeping an eye on you to avoid you from wandering off to the shops. The stores and cafés by the street wasn't filled with people, it was pretty much quiet. You often cheerfully comment about the stores' cute layout.

After passing a street full of shops, both of you turned right then continue walking forward. Not long, both of you reached a crowded café on the corner of a turn. You watched Soojung walking forward to the entrance of the door, sometimes she turned to check if you're still following her closely. Looking at the board displaying the café's name outside, you realized, you've arrived at the Extraterrestrial Café.

 

 

Ring-ring. The bell sounded as Soojung opened the door motioning for you both to enter, Soojung lead you into a café filled with school girls chatting away. Suddenly your eyes met with a pretty tall waiter looking at your direction, he scanned both of you as you quietly walked to the bar.

"Hey, I guess someone's here to see you..."

Soojung seems to be talking to the barista, because he was the only one there. The barista was busy perfecting his cappuccino, he didn't seem to notice it was Soojung talking to him. "Wait, I'm almost done with this cup of coffee," you heard the barista muttered in reply to Soojung, his head still down facing his coffee.

You scanned the café and only found girls giggling at the waiters every time they served the tables. What's so special with them? Unexpectedly, you felt a soft pat on your shoulder, then heard a deep voice calling your name from behind. Hyerim...

Swiftly, you turned around to face the source of the call. At that moment, you were facing a shocked expression of someone familiar none other than...

 

Chanyeol.