#7

Twist of Fate

Alyssa, you know you're on your own right," Kate said in English through the phone, "I'll pick you up at Incheon, okay?"

Seukhee laughed, and agreed to meeting her at Incheon before she left to the departure hall.

Seukhee's finally returning to Korea.

'I wonder how's Hoya. Dongwoo? How are they?' she thought, and she was amazed at how time passes. She's twenty-one, Hoya's twenty-three, Dongwoo's twenty-five and Kate's twenty-two.

It's been two years.

Upon reaching Incheon, Seukhee looked around for Kate.

But it ended up to be Dongwoo instead.

"Seuk," he pleaded, "Are you still mad?" he asked, grabbing onto her wrist.

"You're a liar, Dongwoo. I even thought I could fall for you."

"I'm sorry--"

"No need. I'm just someone who isn't in need of care and concern."

Seukhee dragged her luggage, turning the other way to catch a taxi.

Dongwoo quickly ran to catch up with her, arms encircling around her slim waist. "I'm sorry," he apologized, tears wetting her shirt. "I'm so sorry."

Dongwoo started to cry, burying his face into Seukhee's shirt. "Dongwoo, people are looking, you know."

There were whispers going around the airport, staring at the crying Dongwoo and uneasy Seukhee.

"Look at them, poor boy."

"Did the boy or girl do something wrong?"

"What happened? What's going on?"

"Look at that couple, they must have had a conflict."

Seukhee was on the verge of tears, removing Dongwoo's arms around her. "Dongwoo-ah, don't cry because of me," she cupped his face, wiping his tears with her thumb. "I'm not good enough for you, please don't do this."

Seukhee continued wiping his tears, ignoring hers that are already flowing down rapidly. "I admit, I left because I'm hurt. I know, it's a small issue but I can't handle seeing you and Eunmi being so lovey-dovey all day. It irks me to see that and I felt cheated. But I got over it, Dongwoo. Chase me all you want, I just can't accept anyone's confessions right now, you're not an exception."

It was Dongwoo's turn to cup her face, wipe her tears with his thumb. "Exception or not, I'll still chase you. I'm the chaser, you heard of that? I'm sorry about the situation between Eunmi and I. I wanted to confirm my feelings. In the end... my heart went to Eunmi. Seeing you hurt, my heart aches too. But I can't let go of her for you, she'll hurt you. And I don't want anyone to hurt you."

"Dongwoo, I don't know if I can trust you."

"I swear for real this time, I'm the chaser, and I'm going to court you till the day I die."

"But I---"

Her words were cut and sealed with a kiss.