Jealousy?

Bruises.

 

Friday came strolling around and as always, her face was not as bright as it has been. She wore an apprehensive mask, and became jumpy at the smallest touch. Her hands would fidget every now and then as she took glances to the clock every ten minutes. This did not go unnoticed by Kris.

Others around the school have become accustomed to her acting this way whenever the weekends came around, but they all let it pass, not bothering to get into her business. Kris on the other hand took initiative to ask her once the lunch bell rang.

“Hey, do you by any chance want to work on the project this weekend?” The last professor had assigned a group project, and immediately, Kris and Hana acknowledged each other while people were choosing their partners. Girls made their way to him, but he kindly stated that he already had a partner.

She hesitated for a bit, looking down at her bag, “I don’t think—“ “Come on, let’s just get it over with so we don’t have to worry about it later.” He continued urging her to say yes, knowing that things might be hectic if she went back home tonight.

“I-I guess..Yeah sure.” She animatedly smiled at him before pulling out her phone and sending a quick message to her lover: “Channie~ I’ll be working on a group project with a friend today! Might spend the night~ XOXO, Hana<3”

“Spend the night?” She startled a bit, turning her head slightly to see him peering over her shoulder.

“Y-YAH! It’s just..” He chuckled, cutting her off and waved his hand in front of her, “Don’t worry, I was just joking, I don’t mind.” He gave her a genuine smile and ruffled her hair. She returned the smile, biting her lower lip lightly.

“I’m sorry for being a burden…things just get...out of hand.”

“Don’t apologize, Hana. This is what friends do right? Although, a guy and a girl having a sleep over?” He teasingly nudged her and raised his eyebrows, causing her to throw a punch against his arm.

“!!!!” He feigned a gasp and exclaimed, “HOW DID YOU KNOW?!” At this, she squealed a fit of laughter and began throwing small punches his way. For a brief moment, she forgot the troubles she has yet to face and let herself be happy.

They began eating and talking as usual when she received a text: “Have fun, Hanana~ I’ll miss you!!! Don’t work too hard, arasso? I love you! –ChAn”

She smiled lightly reading the message, knowing he still hasn’t gone off into his other world. She texted back a quick ‘love you too’ and stared at her half eaten sandwich.

“Don’t think about it.” He whispered, glancing at her. “Hmm?” She tilted her head, confused by his words.

“Don’t think about it. Think about everything but it.” She nodded her head slowly, mumbling incoherent words. She closed her eyes and inhaled, and the moment she opened them, she found herself staring into his chocolate eyes.

“Kris…”

“Yeah?”

“You have beautiful eyes.”

“Of course I do. Why do you think all the girls come running to me?” He swiped his thumb across his lower lip and winked at her, making her burst into another round of giggles.

“I take it back, they look like cow poop. *mehrong*” She was expecting him to glomp her lightly, but instead he looked back into her eyes, “If that’s what you want them to be, so be it.”

“Hey wait, you weren’t supposed to say that.” She blinked at him curiously and grabbed his hand, slapping the top. “That was for , Kris.”

He deadpanned her and she laughed, poking the space between his brows. “Stop being so corny, it’s awkward and you look like giraffe with nicely groomed eyebrows.”

At this, he chimed in on the laughter and pulled her into a gentle headlock, scrambling her hair everywhere.

From outside the classroom door, a broken-hearted Xiumin dropped the sunflowers on the floor and clenched his fists repeatedly.

“I saw her first…she has Chan, but…” He let out a sigh and shoved his hands in his pockets, making his way to his group of friends. They all greeted him with smiles and such, and as best as he could, he tried to do the same. Everyone sensed something was wrong, but no one questioned and they all continued eating, without a care in the world. With the exception of Luhan and Chen, who worriedly watched their best friend slump deeper and deeper into his chair.


 

A/N: I'm sorry if things are starting to get fast paced, but this was moving to slow and just pretend a couple months passed by or something. LOL. I don't intend for this fic to be a long one so, yeah~ And yes, the secret admirer od hers is none other than Xiumin. I love my little bun, so I needed to give him some action hohoh~ I'll try updating more, but as you all know, I'm quite busy..haha. Thank you for reading! 

.blanknova