Show Up.

Bruises.

 

A familiar bag caught his eye on Thursday morning. He followed the ash gray bag holder to her locker and an unknowing smile crept upon his face.

He adjusted his backpack to his left shoulder and leaned against the cold surface of the navy blue lockers, “Hey.” This caused her to accidentally shut her locker and jump back a few faltered steps. She stumbled out of balance, reaches for her crutches, but they were out of reach. She readied herself for the incoming impact of the hard surface, but found herself staring into his eyes.

“W-what happened?” He eyed her foot and back to her, knowing that the chances of him getting an explanation was close to nothing.

“I-I..I just had an accident..” She mumbled and straightened herself from his hold, but his arms still hovered around her waist. “Oh.”

He continued taking glances at her foot and helped her to her locker. An uneasy feeling grew within his stomach, but he let it pass.

“Miss me?” She nudged him lightly, opening her locker to grab a few books. “Pfft.” He carefully nudged her arm and smiled. Inside his head screamed yes, but he would never admit to it.

“So what did you do during lunch?” “Eat. What else?” “I thought you hated eating alone?” “Who said I was alone?” He smirked. As if on cue, five figures strutted down the hallway, as if it were a runway.

“AYO KRIS!” shouted Lay. Kris nodded in return and she found herself smiling at the bunch.

“Minseok oppa, hey.” she gave him a light hug and pinched his cheeks before she completely pulled away. “Hana, what happened to you? How did you—“ “It was just an accident, oppa. Don’t worry~” She gave him a smile of reassurance, but he still seemed unconvinced.

“Okay…Hey, do you by any chance have the lecture notes from last Friday?” She pulled the notes out of her bag and handed them to him, engaging in small talk. Kris did the same to other members until the bell rang. They waved each other off and he found his way back by her side and they quietly walked to class.

She was struggling, attempting to juggle her books and crutches at once. He took notice of this and grabbed the books from under her arms and walked ahead. “See you in class, slowpoke.”

He stalked off ahead of her, barely catching the string of curse words she threw at him. He chuckled as he walked into class, placing her books atop her desk before making his way back to his. Ten seconds later, she arrived, still mumbling words like, “stupid tall..show off, long legs, muffin fluffer bacon skipper eating hotdog..”

He turned to look out the window, holding back his laughter. He bit his lower lip as more students piled in. Her silent mutters soon became lost in the mixture of the classroom and his smile was replaced by an un-amused one.

He groaned silently to himself as he started hearing the sounds of camera going off. How he managed to ignore them, he wasn’t so sure, but now that they were coming back, he suddenly wished he could turn back time.

As the class drained on, he found himself nodding off into sleep. He rested his head in the palm of his hand, attempting to fight off the sleep that was coming to him.

He felt his eyes give up on him and drifted off into dreamland.

She stretched her arms up and about as the bell rang for lunch. She was expecting to find him pulling up a chair to her desk, but instead, she found herself alone. She tilted her head back, catching a glimpse of him and giggled.

She could not deny the fact that he looked adorable sleeping there, but she thought about how her eyes could have deceived her. Taking this as an excuse, she stood up and hobbled to the chair besides his.

She admired his features and caught herself tracing the outlines of his jawline. She retracted her hand and rested on her arms, staring at him. She eyed him up and down, but stopped, seeing his cardigan fall off his shoulder.

She reached out to fix it until the signs of fading bruises caught her eyes. She bit her lip and studied his face.

Is that why you didn’t say anything? Because…you might be going through the same things?

 


 

A/N: So I had a few chapters for you guys, but my laptop decided to stop working and lose everything I had written. /sadface. n/e

.blanknova