Chapter 8

Hyung, I like you

I was in a dark room.

Looking around, I could see nothing, no one, but me alone in the darkness. There was no light. It was pitch black. But how was I visible in it? I saw fear in my eyes as I scanned the room for a possible exit. My heart throbbed faster in my chest as I finally latched my feet off the ground, and ran.

How was this place seemingly endless?

I stopped running, and ran a hand through my hair as I looked around, yet, nothing changed. I looked at my hands, bringing it down over my shirt; I was still wearing the same clothes I remembered last being in.

My attention flickered when suddenly, the room glowed in a bright white. But it was only for a second for it turned pitch black again. It was all white. For a second I actually thought I could see something, anything. I turned around.

There it was. A small light at the far end on the other side. I didn't trust my trembling legs but I ran for it. It was my only chance to escape from this fear.

I was coming closer to the white light; I was coming closer to a silhouette.

Who was it?

I couldn't hide the exitement that I was not alone. My lungs screamed for air as I ran, and ran. Why couldn't I reach it? I stopped and slid my hands to my knees, panting from exhaustion. I wasn't sweating, no, I was just...tired?

My heart seemed to stop beating for that very moment as my gaze landed to a handsome face; his smile so charming it took my breath away.

A wave of familiarity swarmed inside me when I looked at him. Those eyes. That nose. Those lips. That smile.

No words came out; It was as if I was tongue-tied. My mouth opened and closed, but nothing came out. He gave me a worried look, that smile almost disappearing from his pretty face.

No. Don't stop smiling.

He brought his hand up to my cheek, looking at me deep in the eyes. He was smiling again.

I closed my eyes under his touch. But it was too soon that he pulled away, and I opened my eyes again.

No, this isn't happening.

He was getting further; the light is getting further.

Please don't leave me...

I felt tears running down my cheeks. I dropped to my knees. I didn't seem to care that I was in the dark again...I want him.

Suddenly, I felt a soft hand through my hair, down to my cheeks to wipe away my tears. I calmed under the touch and slowly opened my eyes, squinting to the sudden brightness.

My gaze landed upon closed eyelids. Long eyelashes grazed over soft cheeks; pink, full lips on skin so flawless- I wanted to touch it. Hair tickled me when it moved, snuggling into the sheets.

I didn't move. Not until eyelids fluttered open in front of me, and I was suddenly met with a pair of brown orbs. I backed up a little, but not far because something prevented me from doing so, so I looked down. An arm was wrapped around me, and it was then that it occured to me I was laying on a bed with someone.

The person in front of me seemed to notice too for he too, backed a little and removed his arm from me. He rolled over to lay on his back, but instead, landed on the floor with a thud. I immediately sat up on the bed.

He held his right arm painfully and I looked at him apologetically. I didn't think he noticed me yet, so I just sat there. However, when he did, I froze completely.

It was him.

His eyes widened when he saw me and he quickly picked himself up from the floor.

"You're awake!"

I clenched my hands in fists, and closed my eyes tightly when he placed the back of his hand to my forehead. The sudden touch of his skin on mine sending jolts down my body.

"Are you okay? Do you feel better?" he asked me while looking me in the eyes as he sat in front of me.

I could only nod and fix my gaze away from him. He pulled his hand and patted my shoulder once and asked me to wait for him while he left the room for a few minutes.

When the door closed, I was able to breathe again and looked around the room. I scanned the frames hung on the wall and stopped on the clock. I panicked when I saw that it was already noon, and I quickly untangled myself from the sheets.

I ran to to the door and opened it in time he returned but I just ran past him.

I jerked back when he caught up with me on the stairs and grabbed my wrist.

"W-work," was all that left my mouth when he looked at me worriedly and questioningly. The panicked state I was in just seconds ago disappeared as he searched into my eyes and said, with his assuring smile that he would call my workplace to explain everything.

I stayed quiet as he pulled me back to his room. He sat me back on his bed and grabbed a chair for him to sit beside the bed in front of me. I was getting uncomfortable under his stare so I adverted my eyes to the bedside table and my eyes landed to the mug stood there. When he caught my sight, he asked me if I was thirsty. I nodded.

"Wait here. Don't go anywhere," he patted my thigh as he stood, then walked to the door. He only stepped a foot out of the room and there was already two mugs of drink in his hands. "I brought these earlier...before you tried to leave." I lowered my head apologetically. He handed me a mug for me to drink. It made me uneasy again; because despite not having my eyes on him I knew he was staring.

"Were you..." he started hesitatingly. Shaking his head, he chuckled amusedly as he changed his question, "Why were you giving me the buns all this time?"

It was a direct question. He knew it was me. I felt blood rush up my cheeks. Wanting to not embarrass myself further, I put the mug aside and covered my cheeks and stood up to leave. Despite my large steps he was able to chase after me at the door and backed himself up against it. I flushed at our position. I had stopped abruptly so as to not crash into him, so my hands were pressed against the door or either side of his head.

Amusement played in his twinkling eyes as he looked at me with his endless smile. At that time I wished he wasn't smiling because I was too embarrassed. I squirmed as I retracted my arms and backed away from him. I should be finding an excuse for my action, but even before that I didn't have an explanation myself.

"Gomawo," he said suddenly, and the teasing aura in his smiling face changed to a warm, comfortable one and I found myself able to breathe again.

"I-I don't know why I did that," I said subconsciously. He listened. "My feet brought me here after I came here." Twice. "Do you...remember me?"

.

.

.

.

A/N: 'I' will be revealed in the next chapter~ Sighs I'll have to brace myself for something that I can guarantee will happen.