Chapter 3

Change is inevitable

Two days passed and Luhan found himself behind the counter with Lay since Lay proclaimed that he was taking up too much space where potential customers could sit but both of them knew that EXO had few customers, and the only ones who came daily were the young cute kids from the nearby primary school which Luhan sort of pedo-ed over while Lay laughed that Luhan himself had a face worth pedo-ing over.

“ So, how’s the project coming along? “ Lay swirled up a milkshake for Luhan as Luhan clicked away on his laptop.
“ Fine, I guess. “
“ So… “ Lay scratched his head shyly. “ Would you like to see my performance? I mean, my band’s performance. “
“ You play? “ Luhan looked up, interested, He thought Lay could only dance.
“ I play the guitar too. We’re going to ENDO for a performance tomorrow, and EXO’s not going to be open. “ Lay caught Luhan’s hesitant look and tried to persuade him further.
“ It’ll be fun! And I’ll introduce you to my other friends. They really want to meet you. “
“ Your friends? How do they know about me? “
“ Well, Suho and I usually talk about you… “
“ What about me? “ Luhan asked as Lay blushed. He couldn’t know the truth, about the dirty little things his friends commented about both of them.
“ That you’re EXO’s regular. The rest can’t believe you stuck to the café for such a long time. “ /effortless lying/
“ Aah… “
“ And there’ll be free chocolate there. “ Lay promised. Who was he kidding? Which club would provide chocolate for free? He would have to buy them at the candy store, but he didn’t mind as long as Luhan agreed to go.

“ Chocolate? “ Luhan’s eyes brightened. “ Well, I’ll still have to think it over… “
“ I mean, it’s fine if you can’t go. “ Lay waved his hands. /ACTUALLY I WOULD BE SO DARN SAD/
“ But it would be nice if you could come. “ He finished.
“ I’ll see. ENDO, right? “ Luhan scrambled off his seat, muttering about having to go home and send an email.
“ Isn’t there Wi-Fi here already? “ Lay stared at Luhan’s disappearing back view. Hopefully he would decide to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“ Go… don’t go? Go… don’t go? “ Luhan walked back and forth, debating in his mind. He could go, and watch the performance. But it would disrupt his daily routine, and Luhan wasn’t too fond of that.
But Lay’s gaze wavered him, and as the clock neared seven, Luhan got more and more anxious.
‘ ‘ was all Luhan could think as he grabbed a sweater and ran out of his house.

“ So is your Luhan coming? “ Tao frowned at his bandmate while Kris raised his famous Krisbrows.
“ He’s not mine, Tao, and I doubt so. “ Lay scanned the crowd for Luhan but he couldn’t see Luhan amongst the mob of crazy schoolgirls.
“ Cheer up! See those fangirls waving your fanboard? You’re performing for them! “ Fellow dancer Kai slung his arm over his shoulder as Lay nodded glumly.
“ Guys, time to perform! “ Suho yelled as the other ten members got ready. It was their show.

The chocolate stayed in Yixing’s pocket, untouched.

Author's Note

An update because my preliminary examinations start tomorrow and tomorrow's my birthday!
This chapter's short but I'll make it up to you guys, promise! ^^*
Hope you enjoyed it, do comment? Thank you so much!