Chapter 9

Change is inevitable

 

Luhan packed his bag quickly when the bell that indicated school ended rang, and prepared for his presentation later. Luhan wanted to get that money so that he could treat the EXO kids to a meal—they treated him so well and made him feel like a part of them, and he thought that he should treat his friends to something nice with the money he so rightfully earned. Smiling, Luhan turned decidedly but met with a familiar gaze.

“ Tao?! What are you doing here? “ He messed up Tao’s hair and laughed. “ I’m kinda in a hurry, so… “
“ It’s Yixing-hyung’s last day at EXO café today. “
“ I know. “ Luhan grinned. “ Suho’s coming back, right? “
“ Yixing-hyung was planning a surprise for you, actually. “ Tao confessed.
“ He wanted to tell him that he liked you, but apparently his plans were ruined, “ Tao gestured to the laptop in Luhan’s grip and sighed.
“ He really likes you, so… think about it? I’ll be going. Don’t let him know I told you all these! “

“ Yixing… likes me? “ Luhan muttered quietly to himself. He couldn’t deny his attraction to the other male, but it just seemed so inappropriate to get a boyfriend at this age. He knew that practically everyone else had lovers already, like Baekhyun to Chanyeol, Kai to D.O, and maybe even YiFan to Tao. Luhan envied them sometimes, when Baekhyun would chuckle at Chanyeol’s antics and Chanyeol would always be there to take care of Baekhyun who tended to take less notice of his surroundings when he was immersed in his essays, and when Kyungsoo fussed over Kai hurting himself while dancing and Kai worried over Kyungsoo over-working his vocal chords. But he never felt jealousy for that long, because Yixing would always be beside him to pass him a bottle of water when he was thirsty, some little snacks when he was hungry, and gave him the care and concern he needed. Was that considered love?

“ Well, I should focus on my presentation before anything else. “ Luhan decided. He would get over it quickly and get his reward before he continued to debate over his relationship problems.

“ Therefore, I make my case that the molecular genetics of your selective breeding project would not be able to work because of the non-compatibility of the chromosomes. However if you… “ Luhan breezed through the presentation at SM Corp and heaved a sigh of relief when he saw the smiles on the directors’ face. He was quite sure he would be able to get a reasonable amount of money already.

“ Thanks, Luhan. It was a pleasure working with you. “ The cheque was placed in Luhan’s hand as he smiled warmly at the female receptionist who was momentarily dazzled. Luhan laughed slightly at the message he received from Yixing, and clipped his papers together to type a hasty reply back.

How was the presentation? Bet you did well ^^

It was fine, I guess. So I’ll see you tomorrow for a meal? I’ll cook for you!

Sounds good. Text me the time and address later! XD

Luhan grinned to himself unconsciously as he walked with a new spring in his steps, but stopped in his tracks when he saw a records shop. Maybe some nice music tomorrow could spruce up the mood.

Author's Note

This is the second last chapter! Thanks so much for the supporters so far and OMG EXO's first award YAYYYY :)