Chapter 2

Change is inevitable

Freshly changed, Luhan entered EXO, and found a cup of hot chocolate waiting for him already. He glanced at Yixing, who was also looking shyly at him, and averted his eyes when their gazes met. Quickly sitting down, he took out his chemistry book and started to work on his research paper for the external agency that promised him big bucks if he could present a perfect paper to them, and with his abilities, there was no doubt that he could. Now he just needed to concentrate on his calculations.

It wasn’t working, Luhan thought. His concentration diverted to Yixing, who was sitting behind the counter, twirling a pen boredly since there were no customers at that time. He looked oddly attractive, and it just irked Luhan that he could never summon up enough courage to talk to Yixing even if they had so much in common. Just then, a voice rang behind him.

“ This part is wrong. “ Lay had come to collect his empty cup as he was in reverie, and pointed out Luhan’s careless mistake (due to incessant staring of Zhang Yixing).
“ Oh, right! Thank you! “ Luhan spoke, quickly erasing the mistake and solving the equation easily after that. He didn’t realize he used the language he was most familiar with, and Lay stood there in shock.
“ You… you speak Chinese? “ Lay croaked and Luhan nodded.
“ You… you understood my phone call to Tao? “ Tao? Who was that? Luhan was genuinely confused. He vaguely remembered seeing Yixing pick up his phone and chatter, but he couldn’t hear the conservation, only catching snippets like ‘regulars’, ‘pretty’ and ‘gay’, which he had assumed to be the talk of boys around his age.
“ It’s... entirely fine if you don’t remember. “ Yixing breathed a sigh of relief as he remembered pouring out details of the regular to Tao, with comments coming from the latter like ‘Is he gay?’ and ‘Go get him!’. It would be totally embarrassing if Luhan had heard the conversation, he figured.

“ I’m Luhan. “ Luhan formally introduced himself. “ I was born in Beijing, but came to study in Korea two years ago. ”
“ I’m Yixing, and I was born in Changsha. Just started this semester. “ Luhan chuckled softly to himself as Yixing repeated the information he already knew.
“ Well, it’s cool to know more Chinese friends here. I assume you have to call me hyung? “
“ What year are you in? “ Luhan asked, wanting to see the surprise when he would reveal his own age.
“ Year 2. “ Lay replied. “ Aren’t you in Year 1 or something? “
“ I’m in Year 3! “ Luhan grinned triumphantly as he successfully saw the flabbergasted look on Yixing’s face.
“ But you look like a kid! ” Yixing burst out as Luhan just laughed. “ I get that quite often, thank you. “

After an afternoon of chatting and laughter, Yixing and Luhan knew more about each other.

Yixing learnt that Luhan’s favourite subject was Chemistry, and enjoyed the subject tremendously.
He also learnt that being a scholar, Luhan lived alone in the apartment that the school rented for him and he did not have pets because he thought that taking care of them was a hassle.
He also learnt that Luhan was in the same school as him, and was his senior but looked younger than him.
He found out that Luhan had a tendency to laugh at every single joke presented to him, and he vowed to learn more jokes because he wanted to see that happy smile of his.

Luhan learnt that Yixing loved to dance, and had won a few competitions back in China before being a child star on variety shows.
He also learnt that Yixing had to co-rent a place with his friends Tao, Kai and Kaisoo because he did not have enough money to support himself.
He also learnt that Yixing could not take spicy food even though he came from Changsha.
He also found out that Yixing enjoyed watching the same movies as he did, and liked DBSK as much as he did.

Well, their friendship was off to a good start, Luhan thought.
Maybe he could embrace change for once.


Author's Note:

So here's the second chapter! Hopefully it didn't disappoint you!
On second thought, does anyone know where to get a good poster? Recommendations are appreciated~ Thank you!