Chapter 7

Change is inevitable

After listening to Luhan’s rendition of the Chinese song , all of the EXO members were in awe again.
“ That was amazing, hyung! “ Chen raised his right thumb.
“ Goddamn it, Chen, what happened to your voice? “ Kris growled as Chen shook his head sheepishly.
“ I ate barbequed chicken wings just now… “
“ WHY? OH LORD WHY? DON’T YOU HAVE TO SING WHAT IS LOVE LATER? OH MY CHENN! “ Suho yelled as Chen hung his head.
“ They were too good to resist. Anyway now there’s Luhan hyung! He can sing What is Love with Baekhyunnie! Then maybe when I’m better D.O hyung can sing with me. I’m sorry… “ Chen tried aegyo which painfully didn’t work as Krisbrows were still raised.

“ Luhan, do you know the song What is Love? I’ll search the lyrics for you, and you can practice a few times since that last song is our encore. “ Kris asked as Luhan nodded, his eyes searching for Yixing. He wasn’t anywhere near him, and Luhan trembled at the fact that his best friend may be angry at him. He searched for Yixing, and found him backstage, staring into the air blankly.

“ Hey. Did I really that bad that you can’t bear to look at me now? “ Luhan teased, sitting down beside Yixing while the latter just turned away from him.
Now Luhan was really scared. “ Hey, don’t ignore me! I know I but—“
“ Why didn’t you tell me? “ Lay turned towards him.
“ Tell you what? “ Luhan was confused again.
“ That you could sing and dance? “ Lay specified and glanced at Luhan.
“ Oh, that. I didn’t think that it was important so… I’m sorry, alright? “ Luhan did puppy eyes at him and Lay relented.
“ I guess I was a little peeved that Kai got to know your talents earlier than I did. “ Lay admitted.
“ I wouldn’t consider those talents though. “
Lay looked affronted. “ I think you’re good. Would you consider joining EXO? “
“ Since I’m helping Chen sing tonight, I’ll see after the performance, alright? “ Luhan promised as Lay broke out into a smile.
“ Come, I’ll help you! “ Grinning, Lay pulled Luhan out to meet Baekhyun and practice for the song.

“ I lost my mind 当你走进我视线
就在你周围整个世界get in slow motion
请你告诉我 如果这样就是爱

爱无所不在 会让我忘记伤害 分担悲哀 学习关怀
吵过哭过还能拥抱 请你告诉我 如果这样就是爱 “

Luhan enjoyed the song tremendously, and performing it was a great honour for him. He put his heart and soul into singing the song, and the standing ovation he received at the end of the performance marked his successful first performance.

“ Told you you would do well. “ Lay hugged Luhan tightly as Luhan collapsed in shock backstage. “ That was amazing. “
“ Yes yes! “ The rest of EXO clapped as Luhan blushed. “ It was a good experience, but I doubt I want to try that anytime soon again. “
“ So you’re not going to join us? “ Sehun pouted.
“ I guess not. You guys are coping well anyway! “ Luhan affirmed as Kris tousled his hair.
“ But in any event you change your mind, let us know. We could use another hand. Or voice, I would say.“