Chapter 4: His past

Tutoring Changes People

Author's Note: Hi! Short A/N. This chapter will focus on Youngsaeng's past.~

* * *

A couple of years ago...

I was playing in the park with my noona. She was my favorite noona! I always feel so happy around her. She's an older sister I never had.

"NOONA NOONA! CATCH ME~!" I said, laughing. I was running and hiding behind trees.

"Aigoo! Noona is coming to get you! Rawwrr!"

* * *

Everyday was like this. I love playing with my noona. And once I'm done, I would come home to my parents. But, today my umma would come home late, so I would just sit on my appa's lap while reading he read a book to me.

Noona took me home and unlocked the door. And we walked in, holding hands and smiling. "Kaja!" said Minyoung noona (fictional char). I nodded and smiled. My smiled faded when I saw my appa on the floor with blood all over him. And next to him, I saw a bugler. "APPA! ANDWEA," I yelled, bawling my eyes out. Noona stood in front of me holding me. "Who are you?!" questioned Minyoung. I was terrified and afraid what would happen next. I held onto Minyoung noona tightly and tugged on her shirt. "Noona... What's happening?" I asked, peeking at the bloody scene in front of me. I saw him..take a knife out. He was walking closer and we started to walk backwards, slowly.

"DON'T COME CLOSER!" yelled Minyoung.

"You're funny.. Why would I do that after you witnessed this? Hm?" said the bugler smirking.

Noona whispered to me, "When we reach the door, I want you to run as fast as you can. Neh? Go find the police station and stay there. Call your mother." "How about you, noona..? I won't leave you here! Not with him!" I said. She smiled sadly at me and told me, "I'll be okay. I'll run behind you. Just be safe.." "What are you guys talking about huh? Should I just kill you both right now?" he said slyly and pulled out a gun. My eyes widened. "Leave the boy alone! He's just a kid!" Noona said, holding me from behind and trying to buy us some time. We reached the door and I quietly opened the door. "RUN YOUNGSAENG! GO!" yelled Minyoung. I ran as fast as I can. I thought noona was running behind me...until I heard a gun shot from afar. I looked back and saw noona drop down. "NOONA!" She mustered all her strength and signaled me to keep running. I wiped my tears and ran.

As soon as I reached the police station, I fainted from all the running I did. "HEY KID! Are you okay?" the policeman said. I opened my eyes a little bit.. "Hyungnim.. Burglary.. Appa.. Noona.. died," I said until I fainted again.

One hour later, I woke up. I thought I had just dreamt it then I found myself in the police station. I started crying. The policemen surrounded me and asked me what happened. Crying, I told them what had happen. They told me to call my mom and I did. She came here as quick as she could.

"Youngsaeng-ah! Are you okay? You're not hurt right?" my mom said examining me to see if I had injuries. I shook my head. "Umma.. Appa and Minyoung-noona... They died, umma." I said with no strength. Her eyes widened. "Ani... That can't happen. Youngsaeng, you're just joking right?" she said in disbelief. I sadly looked at her and shook my head. She started crying and I hugged her tightly, crying with her. The policemen hyungs told me that they will find that bugler and capture him. I nodded.

Today was a miserable day... My appa and noona died in front of my eyes. I witnessed that. I just hoped that the fiend had gotten his punishment and repent all his sins. I was glad that I still have my mom with me..

* * *

I grew up forgetting what happened to my dad. I became cold-hearted. I didn't want to remember the past. I said that I grew up without a dad because he left me. I thought that pain was better than seeing and remembering that my own dad died in front of my eyes... I thought I should just forget my past.

* * *

My umma is my only family member. I'm glad I still have her even if I don't show it. I'll never show anyone my weak-side..never.

(I hope this made sense, hehe.)