Chapter 3-1

Tutoring Changes People

I rolled my eyes at him and started to pack up. I stood up from my seat and walked towards the door, until Teacher Lee called out my name.

"Youngsaeng."

"What...?"

* * *

Meanwhile, Seungyeon had also finished class. Then, her teacher told her to stay after. Seungyeon nodded slowly and wondered what she did wrong. The bell had rang and Seungyeon stayed after. She waited for everyone to get out first, then started to walk to the teacher.

"Umm... Yes, seonsaengnim?" Seungyeon said while looking down.

"Seungyeon-ah... You got a very terrible score on yesterdays' test."

Seungyeon sighed and nodded. "Ah neh... Mianhe. It's just that.. I don't really get anything."

"I know that you can become a very bright girl with some help. And because I am very fond of you, I asked Teacher Lee to help me."

"Eh? Help me what?"

"Follow me, I'll take you to Teacher Lee's classroom and we can talk there," the teacher said while leading Seungyeon to the other classroom.

* * *

Seungyeon's teacher led her to Teacher Lee's classroom. When she arrived, she saw a guy in there also. "Go in Seungyeon, Teacher Lee will talk to you," said the teacher and pushed Seungyeon inside. Teacher Lee saw her and smiled. "Come over here, Seungyeon-ssi," he said. Seungyeon nodded and walked over. She took a peek at the guy and her eyes widened.

"OH! IT'S YOU!" exclaimed Seungyeon while pointing at the other guy in the class. He was surprised as well, but didn't show it. Instead, he gave her a cold look and turned his attention to the teacher again. "Yah, seonsaengnim, why is that girl here?" Youngsaeng said annoyingly.

"Oh, she's here because she needs your help."

"EH? What is he supposed to help me on anything?" said Seungyeon.

"Don't you have another test coming up soon?And didn't your teacher say that you got a horrible score on the test you took? Don't you want to improve ? She told me that you got like only---" Seungyeon stopped the teacher from saying her embarrassing score by covering his mouth. "Seonsaengnim~~~ Don't talk about my score, please," said Seungyeon, blushing. Youngsaeng smirked as he heard the words "horrible" and "score" together in the same sentence. "Huh. What did she get? Only 6 questions correctly out of 25? Ch. What a dumb person," said Youngsaeng. Seungyeon glared at him. "Who are you to make fun of my score? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN DO ANY BETTER, MR. MEANIE!" bursted Seungyeon in anger. "Pft, what are you talking about. I would have easily ace any test without studying," he retorted back nonchalantly.

"Seungyeon-ssi. You shouldn't talk to your Sunbaenim like that.. He's the top student in the entire score. And besides he can help you improve your test scores...along with your grades."

"MWOH? HIM? TOP STUDENT?" Youngsaeng smirked as he saw her surprised.

"Whatever... Let's cut to the important part. Youngsaeng, you will tutor her. Even if you don't agree, this will be a big part of your grade."

"Your kidding right? Why would I tutor such a pabo ? Over my dead body." Seungyeon had a hurt expression on her face and lowered her head down. "Even if I'm stupid, clumsy, or a loser, I always try my best on everything...," mumbled Seungyeon softly, "But, I guess that doesn't matter."

* * *

"Seonsaengnim, I'm fine if he doesn't tutor me... I don't want to be a bother to him. I can always ask my oppa!" She flashed a smile.

'Why do I feel bad for her..? What am I saying?! I'm supposed to be cold-hearted!'

* * *

"Seo Youngsaeng! Come over here! Seungyeon, if you don't mind us... I'll have a talk with him," said Teacher Lee pulling Youngsaeng to the opposite side, while Seungyeon is blankly nodding, "Tutor her or else I'm going to make you tutor Yewon-ssi ."

Youngsaeng shuddered hearing the name. "It's your choice, Seungyeon or Yewon," the teacher said casually and shrugged. Youngsaeng answered Seungyeon right away because he didn't like Yewon. Teacher Lee nodded and walked over to Seungyeon. "Seungyeon-ssi, Youngsaeng will now be tutoring you every day now. I hope you will agree to that," Teacher Lee said while smiling sweetly at her. "Ah.. Neh," agreed Seungyeon.

* * *

Teacher Lee clasped his hands together and smiled. "I guess my job here is done! You kids get along. And, if he's bothering you or not doing his job, tell me." Seungyeon nodded and politely bowed as Teacher Lee gathered his things and left.

* * *

"Ummm... Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.. I'm sorry for raising my voice earlier," said Seungyeon with her head down. "Whatever," he answered back coldly. Seungyeon frowned at his answer and remembered something. "Oh! I'm sorry for bumping into you yesterday. And I have a question to ask you.. Did you find a phone yesterday?" said Seungyeon hoping he found it. Then, Youngsaeng got a phone from his pockets and showed it to her.

"You mean this?"

Seungyeon nodded and tried to get the phone, but Youngsaeng raised it above his head. "You think I'll give this to you easily? Hah, think again," said Youngsaeng coldly. "Bwoh?! What do you mean? That's MINE," Seungyeon said while jumping, trying to take her phone back. Youngsaeng laughed at the sight. "You laughed! WOW! Daebak," said Seungyeon. Youngsaeng had a "what-are-you-saying" look on his face and said, "What? I'm a human-being also." "Ah, that's true.. Hehehe," said Seungyeon, laughing awkwardly, "But, can't you give my phone back?!" He shook his head. Seungyeon thought he was unbelievable and thought of something. She reached inside his pockets and got his phone, then slipped the phone in her uniform's pocket. Youngsaeng was flustered at her action.

* * *

"W-what are you doing?"

"Hmph, since you don't want to give my phone back I'll have yours! Meeehhhroong," she said in victory. 'Huh.. She's kind of cute... I did not just say that..' thought Youngsaeng. "I'll make a deal with you.. Teacher Lee said you have a test soon, correct?" asked Youngsaeng. Seungyeon nodded as he said that.

"What subject is it?"

"Umm.. I think it is going to be on math."

"Huh. Easy. You're free tonight, right?"

"E-easy? Math is the hardest subject! And I have to meet up with my friends."

"Cancel it."

"Waeyo?"

"...So, I can tutor you, idiot." Youngsaeng rolled his eyes. Seungyeon just agreed because she really wanted to raise her grade. "If you get a C on this test, I'll give your phone back. If not, you'll owe me something. Arasso?" said Youngsaeng. "N-neh.." she said. Then, Seungyeon's phone rang and Youngsaeng picked it up.

* * *

"What?" answered Youngsaeng. "YAH. Why are you picking up someone's else call? Who is it?" said Seungyeon.

"N-noona?"

"Do I sound like a girl to you?"

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY NOONA?"

"I'm Youngsaeng and your noona is right next to me," he said smirking. "SEUNGJIN-AHHHH!" said Seungyeon happily hoping that he can hear her. Youngsaeng put the call on speaker.

"NOONA NOONA. WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU HURT? AND WHO IS THAT YOUNGSAENG GUY?"

Seungyeon giggled and said, "Calm down, kiddo. Noona is alright. Youngsaeng is my new tutor."

'Tch, her brother is the same as her.'

"Noona, where are you..? Are you still at school? I was trying to find you at your classroom, but you weren't there."

"Ah, noona is in the classroom close to where you are. Just go down two classroom doors and I'm here."

"Arasso, noona. Stay there. AND YOU, YOUNGSAENG, BETTER NOT LAY A HAND ON MY NOONA."

"I don't want to touch her anyways," replied Youngsaeng ending the call.

* * *

Seungyeon glared at him. A few moments later, Seungjin arrived. "NOOONNNAAAAAA!" he shouted out, running to Seungyeon and hugging her. She ruffled his hair and smiled. Seungjin saw Youngsaeng and glared at him, "Why did you pick up her call?" "We switched phones for a bet," Youngsaeng said coldly and shrugging. "Noona, is he lying?" questioned Seungjin. Seungyeon shook her head. "Hyung told me that he's couldn't pick us up today," said Seungjin to his noona. "Aww. I didn't want to walk today!" Seungyeon whined. "Noona's so cute!" said Seungjin, pinching her cheeks. She playfully glared at him and pouted. "Ahem. Someone else is here, you know," muttered Youngsaeng, "I'll drive you guys home.. Since I have to tutor Miss Idiot here." Seungjin glared at him when he called his noona an idiot. "YAH. WHO ARE YOU TO CALL MY NOONA AN IDIOT?" Seungjin yelled out. "Yah.. Seungjin-ah, be nice. He's giving us a ride home and besides noona doesn't want to walk today.." whispered Seungyeon.

* * *

Youngsaeng shrugged as he walked out the door. Seungjin and Seungyeon followed him. They were playing around until they reached his car. Youngsaeng opened the door for Seungyeon. And she gave him her infamous eyesmile and thanked him. Youngsaeng slightly blushed and closed the door quickly and went to his seat. "Aren't you going to open my door too?" said Seungjin, pouting. "You're funny. Why would I open your door for you?" said Youngsaeng, glaring. Seungjin glared back and opened the door himself and walked into the car. And Youngsaeng started to drive them home.

* * *

Author's Note: I'm going to change the title to "Tutoring changes people" for now. Hehe, if you come up with a better one tell me please!