I Can't Forgive and Forget, but I Love You

A "Love" Story

Sunah looked at her cell phone for the fifth time.

It read 5:45 PM.

Looking up, Sunah sighed.

‘Do I really want to go? I guess I can’t back out. What if I decide not to go, but he actually waits for the whole night? I can’t have that happen, he needs to take care of his health!’ Sunah surprised herself; suddenly her thoughts were filled with worries about jaebum.

“Smile a litter more, lean in girls, good, and be playful!” The photographer instructed the Sweetheart members as he snapped away with his large camera.
About twenty frames later, which seemed like forever according to Sunah, the photographer finally placed his camera down.

“That’s a wrap, everyone! Good job!”

“Girls,” Min-Kyung, Sweetheart’s manager stepped forwards. “You were fantastic today. After we return to the main (JYP Entertainment) builing, you’re all free to go and have freetime for about 3 hours before you need to get ready for tonight’s Mnet concert.”

“Ne Unnie~” The girls chimed together.

Sliding out of her photoshoot clothing, and into her regular daywear, Sunah remained expressionless.

“What’s the matter, Sunah?” Yumi looked across to her.

“Nothing. I just…I’m just still debating if I should really go and see jaebum when we get back to the building,” Sunah puffed her cheeks out.
“I think you should,” Yumi gently smiled as she poked Sunah’s cheeks, releasing the air from inside. “You need to hear what he has to say. Who said relationships are easy?”

“Sure,” Sunah looked away, “easy for you to say. You and Nichkhun haven’t had any problems together.”

“Maybe so. But that doesn’t guarentee that we won’t have any in the future,” Yumi pointed out. “Anyways, my point is that I know you really like him. Nichkhun’s also confirmed that jaebum feels the same way. If you two like each other so much, you should be able to fix this.”

“Youre right I guess,” Sunah finally gave in. “Thanks Yumi. I’ll talk to him tonight.”


‘I’m late, I’m late, I’M LATE!!!!’ Sunah panicked as she bolted through the JYP Entertainment doors.

It turned out, under Min-Kyung’s orders, that the girls needed food instantly, and all were taken out to dinner, thus, making Sunah late to her meeting with jaebum by at least an hour or so.

Her phone had also died a long time ago, so she couldn’t call jaebum she’d be late.

‘I hope he hasn’t left, thinking I don’t care,’ Sunah worried as she dashed towards the coffee shop.

Stopping at the coffee shop’s glass doors, Sunah leaned over to catch her breath.

“Sunny,” A masculine voice came from above.

“Jay?” Looking up, Sunah saw jaebum, towering over her, holding the door open, and eyes wide.

“You came,” jaebum’s voice seemed like a whisper, but audible to Sunah.

“Sorry to keep you waiting!” Sunah gasped for air. “Min-Kyung Unni took us out to eat, and I didn’t even tell her you were waiting for me!”

“That’s okay,” jaebum reached out to give Sunah a loving hug. “At least you came. Thank you.”

Sunah closed her eyes and her body relaxed in jaebum’s embrace.

“I’m here,” She smiled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

jaebum’s side of the story:

jaebum nervously paced the 2PM dorm doom and looked at the clock.

“Jay, man,” Nichkhun looked up from his book he was reading.

“Yeah?!” jaebum stared at Nichkhun, startled.

“You’ve been pacing for thirty minutes straight. Not to mention that you’ve also been looking at the clock nearly every second! Not only are you stressing yourself more, but you’re making me lose my focus!”

“Sorry, Nichkhun,” jaebum sighed. “I’m just so nervous. What if she doesn’t show up? What if she shows up and she doesn’t want to here what I want to say? What if she comes just so she can end it all?”

“Jay,” Nichkhun sighed.

“Yeah!?”

“Calm down. Sunah’s not the sort of person who wouldn’t listen to the other’s side of the story. You should know that.”

“Yeah,” jaebum relaxed a little and looked at the clock once more.


5:50 PM

“I guess I should go,” jaebum went to the closet to pull out his sweatshirt.

“Yeah that’d be good. Now you can finally leave, and I can finally read my book in peace,” Nichkhun made a face.

“Whatever,” jaebum pulled on his sneakers and held up a hand signaling he was leaving. “Peace, see ya laters. Wish me luck.”

“Mmph,” Nichkhun’s muffeled reply came after jaebum had exited the room.


In the coffee shop jaebum bought a drink, just to distract himself before Sunah arrived.

Sitting in the plush red chair, jaebum felt like the last five minutes before 6:00 PM was five years.

Finally when the clock ticked 6:00 PM, jaebum sat up straighter.

‘She should be here soon!’


Thirty minutes later, jaebum looked at his phone. He had no new messages.

‘She’ll be here. Stuck in traffic maybe?’ jaebum thought hopefully.


One hour later, jaebum began to feel discouraged.

‘She probably has returned from her schedule a while back. She’s not coming. I really screwed up. Now I’ll never be able to tell Sunny how I really feel. Sunny…’

Getting up, jaebum headed for the glass doors to let himself out.

Opening the door, he was surprised to find someone panting underneath his arm.

Peering below, jaebum’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“Sunny,” he looked at the exhausted Sunah, collapsed on the floor.

“Jay?” She replied looking up with large eyes.

“You came,” jaebum was full of excitement.

“Sorry to keep you waiting! Min-Kyung Unni took us out to eat, and I didn’t even tell her you were waiting for me!”

“That’s okay. At least you came. Thank you.” jaebum smiled and gathered Sunah into his arms. ‘You’re here!’

jaebum felt Sunah’s arms creep up towards his shoulders, returning the hug.

“I’m here,” She said as if reading jaebum’s exact thought.

Drawing back jaebum looked into Sunah’s eyes.

“I’m really glad you came. I have so much to tell you,” he whispered in her ear while leaning in for another hug.

“I’ll listen,” her reply was short, but there was warmth in her voice.


jaebum spent the next hour with Sunah in the coffee shop, discussing what had happened. He spoke, telling her the full story in detail. She listened, attentive and eager to know the truth.


After he was done explaining, jaebum heaved a sigh of relief.

“I’m glad I got that off my chest. I really had a hard time,” He began, but stopped when he looked up. “Yah,” he gave a little chuckle. “Why are you blushing? I thought you’d be excited or something. I didn’t expect that reaction.”

“I’m sorry,” Sunah hid her face. “Don’t look at me! It’s embarrassing!”

“Why?” jaebum leaned in. “I love looking at you. You’re adorable.”

“I can’t believe that you actually like me though. I thought it was just a game,” Sunah looked up, wiping some tears of happiness away.

“Me too,” jaebum smiled.

“jaebum,” Sunah looked at him.

“Yes Sunny?”

“I…I…I don’t forgive what you’ve done…” Sunah whispered and jaebum’s smile faded.

‘Great. It’s over isn’t it?’ He thought bleakly to himself.

“But, I love you!” She blurted out, and immediately hid her face in her hands again to cover her embarrassment.

‘What?’ jaebum’s eyes widened, then he smiled again. “I love you too!”

jaebum watched as Sunah peeked through her fingers and stared back at him.

‘She’s so lovable,’ he thought to himself and then made his move.

Gently taking her hands away from her face, jaebum leaned in and planted a soft kiss on Sunah’s lips. They tasted of flavored lip-gloss, and jaebum was pleased when Sunah responded by lighting kissing back.

When the two pulled apart, both where extremely shy.

“Uhm,” Sunah started.

“Let’s go,” jaebum held out his hand. “It’s late, and you have that Mnet stage concert tonight!”

The two exited the coffee shop together; hand in hand, and smiling radiantly.