A Relief, and Drama?

A "Love" Story

Sunah smiled as she saw Nichkhun and Yumi stride towards them, hand in hand.

‘I’m so glad everything worked out, Yumi’s so strong.’

Almost all at once, Sunah’s sisterly affection came pouring out, nearly busting out of her heart.

“Yumi!” She ran to give her friend a giant bear hug.

“Sunah,” Yumi calmy smiled, looking up at her best friend.

“You were so brave, I admire you so much!”

“Thanks, Sunah. You’re strong youself, I mean, you are the group’s leader are you not?”

“Haha, yup! That’s me!” Sunah stood tall and proud, trying to bring in some humor.

“Ahem,” a cough came from behind her.

“What?” Sunah’s face fell and she turned towards a “hacking” jaebum.

“Cough, cough! I did well too right? Cough COUGH!” jaebum peeked at Sunah with sly eyes.

“Yeah, yeah. You did fine…” Sunah replied hesitantly. “Stop ‘coughing’ now or I’ll punch you.”

“You’ve got an…aggressive girlfriend, don’t you?” Sunah whipped around to see Taecyeon showing is great big teeth towards a deflated jaebum.

“Sunny! Why are you so mean to me?!?!?!?” jaebum fake wailed.

Sunah’s eyebrow twitched.

‘For someone who’s the leader of the beast group 2PM, how come I don’t see it in the real person?’ She sighed internally.

“Fine…here,” Sunah finally offered her hand.

Immediately, jaebum’s ‘sad’ face disappeared, replaced by an extremely happy one.

“YAY!” jaebum grabbed Sunah’s hand, and surpisingly, began to lead Sunah down the street.

‘I swear. This guy becomes more like Jo Kwon everyday,’ Sunah, again, started complaining. ‘But I love him,’ she blushed.

“Ahhh, so you love me?”

Sunah jumped at jaebum’s voice.

“H-h-h-how did you know?” She stuttered.

“I can read minds,” jaebum grinned.

“Seriously?” Sunah raised an eyebrow as if to say ‘don’t test me, I don’t find it funny.’

“Course not! I was just guessing from your cute expression,” jaebum laughed.

“Babo…” Sunah said, but internally smiled.


Sunah heaved a huge sigh as she paced outside of JYP’s office, waiting for jaebum’s talk with him to end.

‘They’ve been at it forever. When is he going to let jaebum go?!?!? We actually made plans tonight…’

About ten minutes later, Sunah couldn’t hold on any longer.

‘This is just ridiculous! I’ve been pacing and waiting for at least an hour and a half! I know it’s wrong to interrupt but…’

Sunah cracked open the door just a wee bit and peeked inside to overhear JYP and jaebum’s conversation.

“I’ll ask you again, why are you dating her?” JYP’s voice was tired.

“Cause…” jaebum paused.

“What? ‘Cause’ what jaebum? I can’t read peoples minds. I also have a heavy schedule today. But if needed, I’m going to sit here until you answer my question.”

‘What in the world…’ Sunah was confused. ‘jaebum! Tell him! Just say that you’re dating me cause you uhm..love me or something!’

“ARGH! FINE!”

Sunah’s eyes widened as she witnessed a frustrated jaebum pound his fist on the table.

“I’m dating her because I was asked to from a bet,” jaebum ground his teeth.

‘WHAT?!?!’ Sunah gasped, ‘Oh no, no, no, no, NO! He did NOT just say that!’

“You’re WHAT?” JYP thundered, “You’re playing with her? You think that dating is a GAME? Who told you to do that?”

Sunah watched grimly as she waited for jaebum’s response.

“I had a bet with Seulong that I could get a girlfriend before he did. We kind of got into an ego argument, about who’s more popular. Anyways, I wanted to make sure I won that bet, and…”

“NOT ANOTHER WORD!” JYP slapped his hand on the table with ferocity. After sitting and calming down a bit, JYP spoke again. “Break up with her immediately. This has definitely confirmed that I can’t have you dating anyone. I thought I’d actually give you two a chance if you were truly serious, because Nichkhun and Yumi are extremely happy. Guess I was wrong,” JYP laid his head in his hands. “Go…and break up with Sunah, today!”

Sunah’s face became pale as she saw jaebum walk away from JYP’s desk and towards the door.

Quickly darting behind the nearest corner she peeked to see jaebum exit JYP’s office and look around the hall.

‘Looking for me, eh? Well too bad. I’m leaving, and probably never speaking to you again!’ Sunah ran the opposite way from jaebum, her vision slightly blurred by the tears that were forming.

jaebum’s side of the story:

-10 months ago-

“YAH, Jay-Hyung!” Jo Kwon pranced around the room.

“What do you want?” jaebum irritably said.

“Come help us set up! It’s Junsu’s birthday today and we’re having a surprise birthay. You’re actually the one who suggested it!”

“Right,” jaebum’s annoyance disappeared thinking about the party. ‘Junsu deserves it. He’s a hard worker!’



Two hours later, the doorbell of 2PM’s dorm rang.

jaebum heaved himself up from the couch where he was being a lazy , after he finished decorating the room. Sauntering towards the small screen, he pushed the button to see the rest of all 2OneDay members (minus Junsu birthday boy, and Taecyeon who was bringing Junsu later) crowded around trying to squeeze their faces into the small camera.

“YAH! Let us in!” Changmin yelled.

“Okay, okay, geez,” jaebum pushed the unlock button to the door and the room was soon flooded with all 2OneDay members gathered.

“What’s up?!?!?”

“What’s going on?”

“How have you been?”

Voice from all directions hit jaebum like a brick.

“GUYS!” He yelled and waved his hands, “Taecyeon’s brining Junsu over in like, five minutes now! HIDE!”

All persons scattered around the room and huddled, trying to make themselves invisible.

Sure enough, the door clicked open again and in stepped the last two members.

“I’m telling you Taec, that shirt you tried on was way cool,” Junsu lightly punched the giant in the bicep.

“SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Everyone jumped out to greet the wide-eyed Junsu. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”


As Junsu cut the cake, jaebum heaved an outward sigh.

‘Thank god he liked it. I spent like, a hell of a lot of time setting up.’

“Yo,” Seulong placed a hand on jaebum’s shoulder.

“What’s up?” jaebum returned the greeting by glancing over his shoulder.

“Yeah, so,” Seulong sat down next to jaebum. “You know, I’ve been thinking. We should make a bet, one between real men!”

“A bet? Why? Do you have something against me?” jaebum’s eyebrow rasied in disbelief.

“Nah, of course not. I’m just bored these days, and I’ve noticed that you’re the same lately.”

“…What are we betting on?” jaebum looked straight ahead, ‘How did he know that I was bored? I guess from the break 2OneDay’s been taking before preparations for our next albums.’

“You know what would be nice at this time?” Seulong interrupted jaebum’s thoughts. “A girlfriend…hey we should bet on that. Let’s see who can get a girlfriend first. I bet a ton of girls would DIE for this chance. I could probably get one in a second…”

“Yeah right, I’m sure I’d be able to get one before you,” jaebum jokingly challenged.

“Cool, then it’s a bet.” Seulong smiled wickedly and stalked away.

‘Wait, WHAT?!?! What did I just agree to?’ jaebum’s eyes widened and he shook his head. ‘This won’t do, I can’t back out now…but I don’t know what we’ve decided the loser should do, aish! Fine! I just have to get a girlfriend, right? I will!’



jaebum stood in JYP’s office, feeling JYP’s frosty stare glaze over him.

“I know you’re dating Sunah, jaebum.”

“Yeah, what about it?” jaebum looked away.

“I don’t have exactly a big problem with it, seeing that Nichkhun and Yumi are perfectly happy,” JYP swivled his chair away from jaebum and stared out the huge glass panel windows of his office.

“Ah…” jaebum muttered.

“You’re not giving me answers, jaebum. Just tell me the reason why you two are dating. Do you truly love each other? Or are you two just infatuated in some puppy love?”

jaebum shrugged.

‘I can’t tell him…he’d KILL me…’

“I’ll ask you again, why are you dating her?” JYP’s chair swivled to face jaebum again.

“Cause…”

“What? ‘Cause’ what jaebum? I can’t read peoples minds. I also have a heavy schedule today. But if needed, I’m going to sit here until you answer my question.”

jaebum’s insides began to burn.

‘I can’t tell him the real reason. Besides, I’ve already broken the rules for this bet. I’ve really fallen in love with her. I love her so much, my Sunny…my Sunny…I can’t have this go on forever. The truth will come out someday. I don’t want our relationship to be on false pretenses. I’ll tell him, for us.’

“ARGH! FINE! I’m dating her because I was asked to from a bet,” jaebum’s heart felt like it was going to rip open.

“You’re WHAT? You’re playing with her? You think that dating is a GAME? Who told you to do that?”

“I had a bet with Seulong that I could get a girlfriend before he did. We kind of got into an ego argument, about who’s more popular. Anyways, I wanted to make sure I won that bet, and…” jaebum tried to explain the whole story. He was going to tell JYP that he did love Sunah truly, but unfortunately he was too late.

“NOT ANOTHER WORD!”

jaebum froze, astonished by JYP’s behavior.

“Break up with her immediately. This has definitely confirmed that I can’t have you dating anyone. I thought I’d actually give you two a chance if you were truly serious, because Nichkhun and Yumi are extremely happy. Guess I was wrong, go…and break up with Sunah, today!”

Slowly, jaebum rose and headed for the door. His feet felt like lead.

Creaking the door open and slipping through the small crack, jaebum entered the hallway. Sunah was nowhere in sight.

‘Crap, she heard.’ jaebum figured out. ‘Sunny…I’ll make it up to you somehow. I’ll prove that my feelings are true. I’m sorry…’