Do I Like Him?

A "Love" Story

Sunah glanced out her dorm window as she sat on the couch, sipping a cup of hot cocoa she’d just made. She felt funny inside. There was something in her that was making her giddy, nervous, yet excited and thrilled.

‘What is this?’ She thought, ‘I’ve never felt like this before.’ Thinking about him made that funny feeling even stronger.
Sunah shook her head ferociously.

‘No! It can’t be!’ She tried to shake herself out of it, ‘I can’t like him. I mean, I could list a bunch of ways of how he ISN’T likable.’

Sunah decided that this called for a pad and paper. Grabbing both, she sat down again and began to write out her reasons.

Reasons of how jaebum (Leader of 2PM) is NOT LIKEABLE:
1. He’s in this weird phase where he keeps saying ‘yo’
2. He’s really bad at making up raps
3. He fails at impressing a girl
4. He’s full of himself
5. He has dreamy eyes
6. He can sing well
7. He can dance well

Sunah immediately stopped.

‘WHAT?!??! Numbers 5 through 7 aren’t unlikable reasons! GRRRRR!’ Grabbing her head in frustration, Sunah barely heard Yumi slip through the door.

“Visiting with Nichkhun again?” She huffed.

“Uhm, yeah. What’s wrong, you look…weird.” Yumi dropped her bag at the front entrance, then sat next to her friend on the couch.

“I feel weird. I mean, this guy, he makes me feel so ‘GRRRRR’ inside, like this little ball of fury is waiting to explode on him, yet this makes me think of him, which means I’m also thinking of his good points too and oh I don’t know what to think.”

“Sounds like you like him to me…” Yumi raised an eyebrow at Sunah’s mixed up talk.

“I do not!” Scoffed Sunah. “Well…maybe a little?”

“Knew it,” Yumi sighed. “Come on, just tell him how you feel.”

“Uh, no. I don’t want to deal with someone who uses ‘yo’ all the time in his sentences!”

“It’s a phase, he’ll eventually stop.”

“How can you be so sure?”

Holding up her hands in surrender, Yumi backed off the couch and towards her room.

Releasing another exhausted huff, Sunah got off the couch and rinsed her cup.

“I guess I really do like him…” She said to herself. “But will he feel the same way?”


About an hour later, Sunah stepped into the JYP Entertainment building for some extra practice. Texting Yumi, Sunah forgot where she was going and smacked right into someone.

“I’m so sorr-” She began and looked up, gasping she was surprised to have run into, yet again, the guy she’d been thinking about all morning.

“Hey there!”

“Uh…Hi, uhm…” Sunah stuttered. ‘He didn’t use ‘yo’ in that sentence!’

“Hey listen. I kinda got something to tell you, but just letting you know I am kind of being forced to…My members told me to…yeah, well anyways, let’s just grab some coffee and sit down?” jaebum offered.

“Sure.” Sunah smiled. “Let’s go.”