We've Got a Problem!

A "Love" Story

Sunah waved to Yumi before heading towards the stairs leading the JYP’s offical office.

Sighing, she looked up the three flights of stairs she had to climb.

‘Wow. Why can’t he just put in an elevator?’ She grumbled.


Twenty minutes later, Sunah emerged from JYP’s office, stunned.

‘How did he find out? I was sure he was going to give me a pep-talk about being a group leader or something.’ Sunah squeezed her eyes shut. ‘What’s his deal? I can’t date whom I want? It’s not fair!’

Heading down the last flight of stairs, Sunah felt a whoosh go by her. Eyes widened, she watched as the figure stopped and then backed up.

“Sunny!” jaebum looked worried.

“What’s wrong Jay?” Sunah bit her lip.

“Uhm…long story. Tell it to you later. Hey, you don’t look so good. Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

Sunah blew out a frustrated huff. “JYP found out about us. He’s giving me a hard time about it. I don’t get it! I mean, he gave in to Yumi and Nichkhun dating after we debuted! Why can’t I?!??!!”

“Ah, that’s probably why he wants to see me later this evening.” jaebum wrinkled his brow. “Don’t worry though. I won’t give in okay?”

Sunah smiled, “Okay. I trust you.” Her smile suddenly faded. “I just realized something.”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you running in place, Jay?”

“Oh, uhm, right. This isn’t the time for chatter!” jaebum’s speech came out in a rush.

“Wait. What? I’m missing something, aren’t I?” Sunah frowned.

“Long story short. Yumi when she was younger was disowned by her father because she was accused of ‘killing’ her mother. Now, her dad’s tracked her down and it looks like Yumi’s been kidnapped.” Though he was fit, jaebum was beginning to sound fatigued, as he was breathing hard and sweat began to appear.

Sunah eyes widned. “GOSH DARN IT, PARK jaebum!” She literally yelled.

“Woah…no need to freak out.” jaebum looked taken aback by her sudden outburst.

“Sorry,” Sunah sighed. “Yumi’s told me this. How couldn’t I have known? She was my dorm mate for our trainee days. Listen to me, this man sounds dangerous. I yelled at you because what are you doing here talking to me? You should have informed me from the beginning! Our relationship stuff comes AFTER our members! Geez, now MOVE IT! Start looking for her! I need to tell Bomi and Eun Jung.” Sunah made ‘shooing’ movements, signaling for jaebum to leave.

“Okay, see ya!” jaebum moved out of sight.

‘That boy,’ Sunah shook her head. ‘He’s still a child. But I love him.’ She smiled, then sprited towards the bus stop.

Looking at the sign, Sunah’s heart sank, as the next bus wouldn’t arrive until half-an-hour later.

‘Darn it!’ Gritting her teeth, Sunah began running the route towards the dorm.

Crashing into the room, Sunah was greeted by the surprised expressions of Bomi and Eun Jung, who were preparing food.

“What’s wrong Sunah?” Eun Jung’s pretty face was now twisted with worry.

“Yeah. Is Yumi with you?” Bomi looked over a worn out Sunah.

“She’s not with me…” Sunah gasped, trying to catch her breath.

“That’s funny. Maybe she went to the store?” Eun Jung shrugged.

Vigorously shaking her head Sunah beckoned the girls forward.

“You know how Yumi told you girls that story from when she was a little girl? The one about how her father disowned her?”

Bomi nodded, “Though we just found out the other day. Poor girl. She’s so strong.”

“We have a problem,” Sunah gulped, “her father’s in Seoul right now. He’s tracked down Yumi and I guess she was kidnapped while you guys were walking home.”

“What?” Eun Jung’s face became white.

“Oh god,” Bomi’s voice was soft.

“Well,” Sunah glared, “Don’t just stand there. Come on! Let’s go! We’ll be meeting up with the 2OneDay boys at the bus station in 2 hours, where we’ll discuss if we’ve gotten any clues.”

The girls grabbed their bags, just in case they needed any materials.

Rushing out the door, the girls split up at the fork.

‘Yumi, please be safe!’ Sunah looked around.


jaebum’s side of the story:

Tripping over a chair, jaebum hurriedly followed s out of the room.

“We need to split up guys,” he said in his, ‘I’m taking charge’ voice.

“Right,” Nichkhun agreed. “How about you, jaebum, scan the building, just in case Yumi might have left stuff around or something. Or ask people for clues of when they last saw her. Okay everyone else. Jo Kwon, Seulong, and I will be a group. Taecyeon, Junsu, and Junho will also be a group. Wooyoung, Jinwoon, and Changmin, you also are in a group. Then Chansung, and jaebum will be the last group. Chansung, you can help jaebum by looking around the building.”

“RIGHT!” Everyone saluted each other, and then parted into their groups.

jaebum began scanning the hallway. Spiriting past a flight of stairs, he was surprised to pass a familiar figure.

“Sunny!” He called out, as he backed up.

“What’s wrong Jay?”

“Uhm…long story. Tell it to you later. Hey, you don’t look so good. Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong?” jaebum became concerned.

“JYP found out about us. He’s giving me a hard time about it. I don’t get it! I mean, he gave in to Yumi and Nichkhun dating after we debuted! Why can’t I?!??!!”

“Ah, that’s probably why he wants to see me later this evening. Don’t worry though. I won’t give in okay?” He smiled, reassuring Sunah. ‘I’ll give him a piece of my mind later.’ He grumbled in his mind.

“Okay. I trust you. I just realized something.”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you running in place, Jay?”

“Oh, uhm, right. This isn’t the time for chatter!” jaebum’s eyes widned. ‘CRAP! What am I doing? This isn’t the time to be dawdling.’

“Wait. What? I’m missing something, aren’t I?”

“Long story short. Yumi when she was younger was disowned by her father because she was accused of ‘killing’ her mother. Now, her dad’s tracked her down and it looks like Yumi’s been kidnapped.” Taking rhythmic breaths to stabilize himself, jaebum continued to jog in place.

“GOSH DARN IT, PARK jaebum!”

“Woah…no need to freak out.” jaebum said. ‘Gosh. I haven’t seen this side of her. She actually used my full name too. That doesn’t sound good.’

“Sorry. Yumi’s told me this. How couldn’t I have known? She was my dorm mate for our trainee days.”

‘True. Guess I wasted my breath.’

“Listen to me, this man sounds dangerous. I yelled at you because what are you doing here talking to me? You should have informed me from the beginning! Our relationship stuff comes AFTER our members!”

‘Right. She’s just debuted, but she sounds more experienced than me as a leader.’

“Geez, now MOVE IT! Start looking for her! I need to tell Bomi and Eun Jung.”

“Okay, see ya!” jaebum moved out of sight. ‘I don’t want to be yelled at again. Oh wait! Darn it!’

Whipping out his cell phone, jaebum sent a short message to all 2OneDay members, plus Sunah.


‘Let’s meet at the bus stop in two hours. We’ll inform each other about any clues we find about Yumi.
Good luck all! HWAITING!