To Have Met You

A "Love" Story

Sunah woke up that morning with a start. She had had a nightmare that evening, and found herself swimming in a sea of bed sheets. Her forehead was dotted with tiny glints of sweat and a tear slid down one of her usually rosy, now pale, cheek.
Sunah took a long deep breath, and her side, catching a glimpse of her best friend, and dorm mate, Yumi. Surprised, Sunah found that Yumi was also on her side, looking straight back at her. Yumi’s beautiful clear eyes searched Sunah’s with concern.

“You alright?” Yumi whispered to her friend.

“Yeah…I had a nightmare. Did I wake you?” Sunah apologetically replied.

“No you didn’t. I was already awake, I had some things on my mind too.”

“Ah, I see.” Sunah gave a tiny smile, ‘I wonder what she was thinking about? Perhaps a boy? Lucky girl, at least she has someone to daydream about.’

“We should get up,” Sunah heard her friend’s calm voice again. “We need to get going to the studio for lessons.”

Nodding, Sunah stood up and headed for the restroom. Yumi was incredibly fast at dressing and was already in the kitchen whipping some breakfast up for the two of them by the time Sunah was out of the restroom.

Sunah noticed her friend’s perfection just then. ‘How can it be that Yumi’s so good at everything? She can cook, is beautiful, petite, can sing, etc.’ Sunah studied Yumi’s face. ‘She even looks pretty without makeup…’ she jealously thought. Though Sunah was also pretty herself, she just didn’t have the kind of self-esteem in Yumi’s presence. However, Yumi was just such a sweetheart, Sunah couldn’t hate her. They were friends, and were each other’s pillars of support.
Sunah glanced at the clock.

“Oh goodness!” She exclaimed. “I gotta run!” Grabbing a piece of toast from the plate Yumi had lain out, Sunah hastily pulled her shoes and at the entrance and gave Yumi a final wave.
“See you later!”

-3 hours later-

Sunah strode out of the vocal training room. Still humming to herself, she didn’t notice who was in front of her and eventually slammed into a semi-short boy with an earring.

“Ouch!” She exclaimed rubbing her nose, that part that had slammed into the other party.

“You okay? I’m sorry, I didn’t see where I was going.” Sunah’s eyes went from her hands that were rubbing her nose upwards and stopped at the face of a young man.

“Oh. No! It’s totally my fault not yours,” she hurriedly managed to squeak. ‘Oh my gosh…this boy is totally gorgeous!’ “Are you in a rush?” Sunah immediately remembered her manners and stepped back a little.

“No, no I’m not actually,” The boy replied. He stuck out his hand to shake hers. “I’m jaebum, leader of the JYP boy band group 2PM.”

“2PM?” Sunah tried to hide the curiosity in her voice. Looking like he sensed what she was thinking, jaebum smiled.

“Why don’t we have a cup of coffee together? It looks like you just came out of a hard lesson, and I’ve got some free time. My treat!”

Wide-eyed Sunah nodded twice and followed jaebum down the stairs, onto the elevator and into the built in coffee shop in the JYP Entertainment building. She watched as jaebum gave their orders and smiled. ‘He’s nice, and sweet. Maybe this could go somewhere?’