The Roommate

Dangerous Friendship (Update in Chapter 4 +explanation why)

 

KyuHyun walked SungMin out to where his car was, but the older one froze in his tracks when he saw the incredibly overpriced vehicle that sat in front of him at the parking lot. It was a silver convertible with leather seats and a stereo system that could play CD's as well as hook an iPod into it. SungMin was absolutely amazed that this was the car that KyuHyun brought him to, and he almost wondered if this was actually his car. "Is…is this your…car?" SungMin questioned. He was not in the mood for talking over the past few months, but his impression from KyuHyun was obviously enough to change that, if even for a minute.

 

KyuHyun smiled and opened the door for SungMin to get in, and laughed a little when the boy let out a surprised gasp at the fact that door lifted up instead of opening out like most cars do. "It is." He said as he closed the door and moved over to the driver's side of the vehicle. "My parents gave it to me as a graduation gift."

 

SungMin was literally speechless by now, but it was hard to tell if it was because of the car or because he was still upset over his loss. He just sat and looked at the car, amazement still clear in his eyes. KyuHyun could tell that he wanted so badly to touch the dashboard, but he seemed afraid to touch the car. "You can feel it if you want," KyuHyun said, giving SungMin one of his best smiles. "I don't mind."

 

SungMin let out a big sigh as if he had been holding his breath the whole time and ran his hand across the dashboard. "Your family must make a lot of money, huh?" SungMin said, looking out at the world outside of the car now. It didn't look any different from this car than what it did from SungMin's….other than the fact that there was no roof, so he could see more of it. However, it seemed so much more beautiful to look out at the world from this perspective. Since SungMin's family isn't even on average with their finances, he never imagined that he would ever get to ride in a car that even costed half as much as this one in his whole life.

 

"You can say that," KyuHyun said. "But it's not as great as it seems."

 

SungMin didn't respond as KyuHyun started the engine, which was completely silent as opposed to SungMin's car starting up. As KyuHyun backed out of the driveway and headed for the town, he decided to start up conversation again. He wanted SungMin to open up to him. He wanted the boy to trust him. He knew that he would have to talk to him in order to obtain those grounds with him. "What did your parents do for you when you graduated?" KyuHyun asked, looking at SungMin as he continued driving.

 

"Well," SungMin said, not really wanting to go into what his graduation was like. He hated being around people that had so much money as it made him feel out of place. The only reason SungMin was even able to attend school at SM University was because he got a full scholarship. "My dad gave me his old car, and we had a small celebration."

 

"See?" KyuHyun said. "At least your dad gave you a celebration…on the other hand, I didn't get that."

 

SungMin didn't know what to say to that, so he just turned to look out the window. What was he supposed to say? Either way, he was glad that KyuHyun didn't make fun of him for anything. It wasn't like any of his friends ever did, but every person in the world weren't as friendly and supportive as his friends were. He was just glad that KyuHyun could easily talk to him.

 

Even though there wasn't much conversation after that on the way to the mall, the silence wasn't awkward in any sense. Both of the boys enjoyed the silence. KyuHyun enjoyed it because he didn't have to worry about pushing it any further with SungMin faster than he had to, which he was worried would cause his relationship with him to fall apart before it even began. SungMin enjoyed it because he didn't feel like he was forced to talk about things when he didn't want to talk about them.

 

KyuHyun pulled into the parking lot of the mall and chose the furthest parking spot from the door. SungMin noted this because it was the same thing that HyeKyung would always do when she was driving them any place. She always said it was because she wanted more time for them to be together, and the time that it took them to walk into the mall and back to the car wasn't near enough, but it was the best she could do. He always found it to be a nuisance with her while she was still alive, but now that she was gone, he was appreciating those few extra minutes that they had together as they would walk into any places like this.

 

KyuHyun got out of the car and quickly made his way around to open the door for SungMin again, but this time the older one opened the door himself and got out of the car. "I can take care of myself." SungMin said, not wanting KyuHyun to baby him as his friends have over the past few months. He was tired of being babied.

 

KyuHyun didn't argue. He simply moved over and allowed SungMin to help himself out. When the boy was out of the car and standing ready, KyuHyun started walking ahead, leading SungMin into the mall. Before they actually entered, KyuHyuk looked back at the older one. "Where do you want to go first?" He asked.

 

SungMin just shrugged his shoulders before answering as he looked to all of the names that he could see from outside the mall. "I don't care," SungMin said. "I don't actually have any money."

 

It was KyuHyun's turn to shrug this time. "I don't care either," He said, looking back to the mall. "I have plenty of money, it wouldn't hurt to spend some of it on you."

 

Now SungMin ran to catch up with KyuHyun and grab ahold of his arm. "I can't let you buy things for me." SungMin said. "Besides, you hardly know me. You shouldn't spend your money on a complete stranger."

 

KyuHyun shrugged again, obviously not being bothered by the tiny, or what he found to be tiny, problems that SungMin could think of for sharing his money with a complete stranger. "Your my roommate, which means we should look out for each other." KyuHyun pointed out first with a tone indicated that there was another point coming right after. "And even if I hardly know you, I can already tell that I like you."

 

At this, SungMin quickly turned his head away, trying to hide the blush that was growing on his face. Why did those words affect him so much? It wasn't like he meant that he was in love with SungMin, and he probably wasn't saying that he was. Of course not, you could like your friends as well…but of course, only in a different way. Even if he was indicating that he was growing a crush for him, SungMin didn't feel the same way back. He had two reasons; he wasn't gay, and he still wasn't over HyeKyung…was he?

 

KyuHyun just continued his walk into the mall, satisfied with SungMin's reaction. The fact that the boy had to turn away to hide his blushing face proved that he was growing a liking for KyuHyun. It was all working out in his favor.

 

"Here, I think this would look good on you." KyuHyun said holding up a pair of hangers that each had articles of clothing on it. One was a graphic tee and the other had a jacket to go over it. He made sure to pick out things that SungMin could easily wear in the upcoming cold weather.

 

"KyuHyun, you really don't have to…" SungMin started to protest, but was cut off by KyuHyun shoving the new article of clothing into his hands as he pushed the boy to changing rooms.

 

"Go try it on." KyuHyun said, gesturing for SungMin to go over to the door. "And make sure you come out so I can see how they all look."

 

SungMin entered the dressing room, reluctantly nonetheless, but he did come out. He came out every time he headed back in a put a new outfit on. KyuHyun said he was coming out to buy some school clothes for himself, but in the end, they were only shopping for SungMin. It made SungMin feel bad though, since he didn't even have the money to afford clothes like this himself, yet he was allowing some complete stranger to take care of it for him.

 

"KyuHyun," SungMin said when he finally came out of the dressing room with the same clothes that he wore out today. "Weren't you going to buy clothes too?"

 

KyuHyun grew a small smirk on his face as he looked up at the older one, who was now standing in front of him with his arms full of clothing items. "No, I went shopping last week. Besides, I have plenty of clothes."

 

"But why are you so willing to spend money on me?" SungMin asked, taking a seat next to KyuHyun.

 

"My parents only give my allowance if I can actually spend it." KyuHyun said. "Do you know how hard it is to spend all of that money on your own?" When SungMin didn't respond, KyuHyun's smirk grew even wider, almost turning into a real smile. "But we can always put the clothes back and go home if you would prefer it?"

 

SungMin now insisted on staying and doing all of the shopping. If it would help KyuHyun keep his allowance from his parents, it couldn't hurt to let the younger one spend a few extra dollars on him, could it? Besides, the way KyuHyun made it seem was like he had so much money that he could afford to spend it on SungMin. He said earlier that they were roommates, and he was right, it was better than him blowing all of his money on a complete stranger.

 

KyuHyun let out a small laugh at the fact that he had finally won SungMin over and he was now actually allowing him to by him some clothes. He took the older one to a few other stores and they bought more clothes that SungMin had ever owned in life, probably all together to be honest. By the time they were done shopping for clothes, it was nearing dinner time. "Do you want to grab something to eat before heading back?" KyuHyun offered. "Or do you want to eat at home?"

 

"I guess we can eat out." SungMin said, not really ready to go back to the apartment just yet. This was his first time outside of that stuffy old apartment in three months, and he intended on enjoying the time out while he could.

 

KyuHyun chose a less-fancy restaurant on SungMin's request. It wasn't like SungMin had never been out with rich people before, since most of his friends were rich, but none of them had near as much money as KyuHyun did. They would eat out at fancy restaurants, but never ones so fancy that it was actually required that you wore a suit inside. SungMin wasn't ready for that level of going out yet. Besides, a less-fancy restaurant would be just fine, since the two, were in fact, not dating.

 

"You know," KyuHyun said, taking a bite of food from his plate. "When we first met yesterday, I didn't think you would ever open up to me. You didn't even so much as look at me yesterday."

 

"Oh yeah?" SungMin asked, just taking a drink from his tea.

 

"Yeah." KyuHyun continued. "But today, you agreed to come out with me and it surprised me. You actually talk a lot."

 

"Sorry," SungMin said, placing a hand behind his head as he looked down in embarrassment. He didn't mean to talk so much.

 

"No, no." KyuHyun said quickly. "It's not a bad thing. I like it."

 

The rest of dinner went by with them exchanging stories about things that had happened in their lives before meeting each other. Most of SungMin's either dealt with EunHyuk or ShinDong, he wasn't quite ready to share all of his tales of HyeKyung yet.

 

KyuHyun noticed that SungMin was still a little reserved, and that was okay. It proved that SungMin hadn't magically healed over the two days that he knew KyuHyun, which was good. If SungMin magically healed like that, it would mean that suspicions would rise around his friends, which would make KyuHyun's plans much harder to follow through.

 

At the end of the day, KyuHyun and SungMin headed back to the apartment to turn in for the night. The lovely couple greeted them when they returned home, but everyone went to bed pretty much instantly.

 

Author's Note: Thank you for subscribing and commenting everyone!! It's always a joy and motivates me to spew out chapters faster. =^.^=