Three Months Later

Dangerous Friendship (Update in Chapter 4 +explanation why)

 

Three months had passed since SungMin last smiled even the smallest of a smile. Three months had passed since SungMin was able to find a bit of happiness in this life that he could hold on to and cherish. Three months had passed since SungMin left the house for even a minute. Three months has passed since SungMin spoke more than a few words to his friend in a whole day. It was three months ago that Noh HyeKyung, SungMin's girlfriend, had left him. She didn't just break up with him, no, the pain would have been a lot less if she would've left him in that way. HyeKyung left in one of the worst possible and most painful ways one could think of, she was killed. She was not sick, not old and she was a very healthy girl. There was no time for the mental preparation of losing her. She was gone, just as easily, if not more easily, than she entered into the world.

 

SungMin had claimed his place in the living room floor, and that is where he had been for the pas three months. It was painful for his friends to see him like this, but they couldn't really do much to help it. It almost seemed like the actual being of SungMin died on the same day as HyeKyung, but his body was forced to continue to live and suffer in the world without his beautiful angel to guide him. 

 

Even though three months seemed like a fairly long time to use as a mending process, but none of his friends gave him a hard time about it. When SungMin was only a small child, he lost his mother to cancer. Later, HyeKyung became the only other girl in his life that was important to him in anyway. It was painful to lose people like that, so SungMin's friends were a little understanding of his pain. 

 

The months have been hard on the lovely couple, as they were afraid to leave SungMin in the house himself for too long. It was good when they got continuous visitors, but now that the semester was in the process of starting up again, everyone was becoming too busy to come by all the time like they did over the summer. RyeoWook did his best to make sure that SungMin ate something in order to keep himself alive and even tried to make sure that he got a shower on a regular basis. Seeing the poor boy be in so much pain brought the everyday, lively mood that was in the house down by a lot.

 

Today was the day though. The day that everything would take a spin on the household and everything would change for better or worse. Since KangIn offered LeeTeuk to move in with him in the middle of last semester, the household had been in the need of a new roommate. Today was the day that they were expecting him.

 

Right on time, too. The door bell rang and the door to YeSung's room came open instantly. "We'll get it!" YeSung and RyeoWook both cheered as they rushed over to the door, already knowing the most likely possibility on who it was.

 

They opened the door, allowing the stranger to come in. He was a cute one. He was kind of tall with short black hair that looked really neatly brushed. He had cute narrow eyes with big lips and was wearing glasses. "You must be our new roommate." RyeoWook said, grabbing the boy by his wrist and dragging him inside before shutting the door behind them. "I'm RyeoWook and this is my boyfriend, YeSung."

 

"KyuHyun." Was all the other one said in introductions. It seemed a bit awkward so YeSung decided that they should show the newbie where his room would be for the next semester, if he would last that long. YeSung had been going to college here for four years now, and was still working on getting his major complete. LeeTeuk and YeSung entered college at the same time and shared this apartment from the beginning. RyeoWook and SungMin were the only two roommates that they ever had that even lasted a full semester. It would be no surprise to YeSung if something happened to where KyuHyun couldn't continue school either.

 

It was always something different with the people that had roomed with them before. Their first roommate didn't even make it to school the first day, so they never even got the chance to meet him. Their next roommate was JiYoung, who left after the first half of the semester because he was offered a full scholarship at YG University along with his credits and classes being transferred. JaeJoong left because he had problems with the school and his family couldn't afford for him to continue his classes there; which he later got a scholarship at CJ University. It was always something different with each of their roommates, but they all had to leave for some reason or another.

 

KyuHyun's room was on the second floor with SungMin's room. The room completely empty aside from the usual furniture; a bed, dresser, desk and chair. YeSung had went out and bought new bed sheets to lay down on the bed as soon as they heard that they were going to get a new roommate, since he wanted him to have new and clean sheets so that he could feel comfortable when moving in with them.

 

"This is your room." YeSung said as the lovely couple walked the boy into the room.

 

KyuHyun just sat his bags down in the corner and the couple walked him back down the stairs, into the living room so he could meet his other roommate. "This is SungMin," RyeoWook said, sitting in the floor next to the boy.

 

YeSung and KyuHyun both took a seat on the couch. "He lives here, too." YeSung said.

 

"SungMin, say hi to KyuHyun. He's our new roommate." RyeoWook spoke in a soft voice.

 

SungMin didn't say anything, he just rolled over, burying his face in his pillow. The boy hardly even said a few words to his friends in the past few months, so what made them think that he could even care about meeting a complete stranger. He just wanted to get away from the world that was full of so much pain.

 

"His girlfriend passed away three months ago," YeSung explained, hoping that KyuHyun would understand and give the boy a break. "Well, she was killed. He still hasn't got over the shock yet."

 

~~*~~

 

That night, SungMin did not go back to his room to sleep. He didn't want to be around the complete stranger while he was still trying to handle the pain as he best could. RyeoWook noticed that SungMin was refusing to move, so he brought out a blanket for the older one to keep him from catching a cold from laying on the floor all night.

 

~~*~~

 

The next morning, everyone was up early and out in the living room. Each of the roommates had taken a place on the couch, except SungMin, who was sitting on the floor using the couch as back support. They were all watching reruns of some stupid drama that SungMin could care less for. 

 

It was always like this, even when HyeKyung was alive. She would come over to the house and the two couples would sit around watching reruns of drama series, yet SungMin never cared to watch any of them. They were always the same thing over and over again, and when they weren't, they had too many cliched scenes in them. However, because it allowed him to spend time with his girlfriend and two of his best friends, he would never complain.

 

There was the sound of the door coming open followed by the call of, "We're here!" by a very familiar voice. It was the sound of EunHyuk's chiming voice as him and ShinDong came through the door, instantly making their way into the living room. Usually KiBum would occupy EunHyuk on Monday mornings, but SungMin assumed that he had his work to take care of since it was nearing the first week of school.

 

ShinDong carried a bag in his hands and held it out to the group of people who were sitting on the couch. "I brought ramen!" ShinDong said. "Who wants to cook it?"

 

"You brought it, but you aren't going to cook it?" EunHyuk asked, giving ShinDong a playful slap on his chest.

 

"I just want to eat it." ShinDong said with his trademark smile.

 

SungMin couldn't help but let out a little laugh at his friends' behavior, but it was so soft that no one even realized it. "I'll cook it." KyuHyun said as he stood from the couch and grabbed the back of ramen as he walked away with it.

 

"Who is that?" ShinDong asked, taking a seat where the other boy had just got up from with EunHyuk taking a seat on the floor next to SungMin. 

 

"He's our new roommate," SungMin said, speaking for the first time today. "KyuHyun."

 

"SungMin~" EunHyuk chimed, placing an arm around his best friend's shoulder as he pulled the older one closer to him. "Me and DongHae are going shopping for some school supplies and stuff this Saturday. You want to join?"

 

SungMin didn't answer for the first few minutes. He hadn't been out of the house at all since the funeral, so he wasn't really sure he wanted to. However, school was coming close and SungMin did need to buy some supplies. "Okay." Was all SungMin said.

 

They all sat around watching the TV for the rest of the time until the youngest came out from the kitchen and announced that the food was done. YeSung hopped from the couch, grabbing onto RyeoWook's hand, dragging his boyfriend to the kitchen with him. ShinDong got up and followed them, while EunHyuk grabbed a hold of his friend's hand and tried to drag him along. "Come on, SungMin." EunHyuk said, pulling the boy off the floor. "You need to keep your strength up."

 

"I'm not hungry…" SungMin protested, but EunHyuk ignored him and drug him into the kitchen anyway. SungMin took his seat on the edge of the table, next to EunHyuk. It was a good thing the table was made to fit up to six people, other wise, they would have been too crowded. As everyone settled in their seats at the table, KyuHyun brought the pot of ramen to the center and placed it down.

 

ShinDong was the first one to grab a pair of chopsticks and go for the food. "KyuHyun, where are the vegetables?" He asked, taking note that there were no vegetables cooked up in the ramen.

 

"Oh yeah," KyuHyun said, looking over at the counter where the vegetable packets were. "I forgot."

 

"Go get them." RyeoWook and YeSung both commanded simultaneously.

 

SungMin watched as KyuHyun walked back over to the counter and brought the vegetables to the table and mixed them into the ramen. Something about it seemed familiar. It was a habit that HyeKyung had as well. The girl was never the best at cooking, and even when she cooked simple things, like ramen, she always forgot something, such as putting the vegetables in. 

 

Everyone around the table spooned out some ramen into their own bowls, everyone except SungMin. When KyuHyun noticed that the boy wasn't eating anything, he grabbed SungMin's bowl and spooned some ramen into himself. "I'm not…" SungMin started, but the younger one cut him off mid-sentence.

 

"You have to eat." KyuHyun said. "I worked hard over the hot stove cooking for you. It would hurt my heart if you didn't eat it."

 

With that statement last statement 'it would hurt my heart if you didn't eat it,' SungMin let a small smile plaster itself onto his face and ate at the ramen slowly. Their lunch went by pretty quickly, with almost no one saying a single word. If it had been any other day, it wouldn't have been an awkward silence. However, since the new roommate arrived, there was a different kind of feeling in the room.

 

"Do you guys have to leave so soon?" SungMin asked, grabbing EunHyuk's hand before the boy could make it into the hall that lead outside. Both of his friends and the lovely couple were going out for a date that was usually held on Fridays, but for some reason they insisted they had to do it tonight. It happened at least once a month on Saturdays. It was a night where everyone of their friends would bring along their boyfriend or girlfriend and have a big date at any place they choose. Sometimes they went bowling, sometimes it was the movies and sometimes it was a simple outing to a restaurant. 

 

"Sorry, it's date night." EunHyuk said, bringing SungMin closer to him so he could give the boy a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "At least you'll have time to bond with your new roommate."

 

With that, RyeoWook and YeSung slipped past the two as they headed outside. EunHyuk gave SungMin a quick wave goodbye as him and ShinDong followed the couple out to the car. When the door closed behind them, KyuHyun came over to SungMin and placed an arm around his shoulder. "Well, I have to go out shopping for some school clothes and supplies," KyuHyun said, grabbing his car keys. "Wanna join?"

 

SungMin shook his head and started to go for the couch. "Suit yourself," KyuHyun said, going for the door now. "But you'll be here alone."

 

SungMin bit his tongue at the word 'alone', which he did not want to be alone right now. This caused him to give in and follow along with the boy as he walked out the door.

 

 

Author's Note: Hi everyone!!! Here is the updated verison of my first chapter. I accidentally deleted some of the other chapters, since I decided to continue with the story because not many people liked it as much as this one, so we are back on!! I was going to delete my 6th chapter so I can continue, and I thought it didn't delete...so I accidentally deleted some chapters before it. ^^; I will rewrite them, since I was stupid and didn't save them to my computer. Anyway~ I hope you guys look forward to me continuing this one!! =^.^= You were way more supportive than the readers on the other one, they didn't really comment much, so it made me sad. <(_ _)>