I Don't Trust Him

Dangerous Friendship (Update in Chapter 4 +explanation why)

 

I accidentally deleted some extra chapters while I was trying to delete the 6th chapter so I can continue with this story. I fixed the other ones already, but this one is a redo of what was chapter 5. I combined the old chapter 2 and 3 together, but the story is still the same. More in my Author's Note below.

 

SungMin didn't know what had gotten into KyuHyun just then, but he shook it from his mind. He couldn't worry about it right now. He ripped the sheets from his bed, desperately needing to wash them since he hadn't had much time to do so lately. As he left from his his room and rounded the corner to the laundry room, he collided with someone hard enough to knock him over. As he fell to the ground, he felt the weight of the person coming down ontop of him, so he readied himself for the impact. When he opened his eyes, he saw KyuHyun's face not even a centimeter above his. His face turned red in pure embarrassment and he turned away quickly before he felt the weight of the boy be lifted off of him. What was he coming back for so quickly anyway, he just left SungMin's room, didn't he?

 

"KyuHyun, what are you doing?" SungMin recognized the voice as belonging to ShinDong as his friend helped off the ground, allowing him to steady himself before letting go of his arms. "You could have hurt SungMin. You need to watch where you are going."

 

KyuHyun looked at the victim of the crime who didn't seem to be too upset about the insident, but rather upset about the fact that his friend, once again, was trying to baby him. "I'm sorry." Was all KyuHyun said.

 

"You need to be careful." ShinDong continued. "SungMin could have got hurt."

 

"It's fine!" SungMin suddenly went off on his best friend. He didn't know where it came from or why he did it, but it was too late to take it back. "It was an accident, okay? I'm not a baby!"

 

ShinDong looked at his friend in shock, not believing that he was going off on him like this. "SungMin, I..." ShinDong said, but was speachless. It was hard to get a guy like ShinDong to become speachless, so SungMin thought it was something worthy of a world record or something of the sort.

 

"You guys keep treeting me like a baby, and I'm tired of it!" SungMin shouted and marched over to KyuHyun, grabbing his hand as he dragged him along with him. "KyuHyun is the only one..."

 

After that, ShinDong didn't care to hear the words that came from SungMin's mouth. He did feel bad for pushing SungMin to the limit on that part, but KyuHyun was not his best friend. He barely even knew the boy, so why was he always siding with him?

 

***Outside of the Apartment***

 

SungMin didn't try to run as far as he could, and he didn't even try to get away. He just stormed out of the apartment and took a seat on the concrete flower bed that lined around the outside of their apartment as he tried to cool himself off a little. He didn't mean to go off on his friend like that, and if he could take it back, he would. It was done already, however, and even if he did say sorry, nothing would change the fact that he did it. With ShinDong's attitude being the way it was towards KyuHyun, he was beginning to like spending time with the younger one better. Other than his weird episode earlier, he seemed to be cool with everything regarding SungMin. He was even patient in trying to get him to open up and talk to him.

 

That was the gentleness of KyuHyun that reminded him so much of his girlfriend. He seemed to be the only one with a calm sense of personality, even when things got tough for him. SungMin thought that maybe KyuHyun would have another episode after being rejected by one of SungMin's closest friends to his face, but he didn't. He did his best to keep his composure in front of the boy, and when KyuHyun saw that SungMin still wasn't calming down, he took a seet next to him. He placed an arm around his friend's shoulder. "You okay?" KyuHyun spoke softly.

 

SungMin took a deep breath in before giving his response to the question. Mainly to think of what he was going to say. "I just..." He said, still not knowing exactly what he wanted to say. "I just wish they could be more like you." Maybe that's what he wanted to say. "I can take care of myself, and I want them to see that."

 

KyuHyun didn't say anything, he didn't need to say anything. He smiled as he was beginning to feel victorious in winning SungMin's heart. He had the boy trusting him, and as far as he could tell, SungMin's friend, all except for that fat one, was trusting him. His plan was in smooth sailing for now. He felt like nothing could bring him down. Then he brought himself back to the real world, where SungMin was hurt because of the only friend that didn't trust KyuHyun.

 

***Inside the Apartement***

 

ShinDong was sat on the living room couch now, sulking at the fact that he may have just ruined one of the most important friendships he had ever had. No, of course it wasn't ruined. SungMin was still over the loss of HyeKyung, so it was only natural that he would still be a little sensitive and edgy at times. He knew there was nothing that could come between his friendship with SungMin, and if the younger one let it happen, then he wasn't very well worth it. He just didn't trust that new roommate...not one bit. It seemed all too perfect to ShinDong, he just wished someone else would see it too. HyeKyung was killed from getting hit by a car, though they failed to mention what kind of a car it was that hit her. Either way, KyuHyun moves in three months later and tries to be SungMin's best friend. Okay...so maybe it wasn't so suspicious as ShinDong had thought, but there was definitely something going on here, and he was going to find out what it was.

 

"He just needs time." RyeoWook said, ShinDong had completely forgot that he was even sitting next to him. "He doens't hate you."

 

"You're probably right." Was ShinDong's clipped response as he stood from the couch. "I'm going to head home, now."

 

***At ShinDong's Place***

 

He had originally planned on staying the night to help make his friend feel better, but SungMin was obviously no longer in need of his help to get better. He had that fishy KyuHyun to keep him happy for the time being, and as much as ShinDong hated leaving him around that kid, it wasn't like he had much of a choice right now. He fished out his phone and dialed the number of one person he knew could help him figure things out, Kim Kibum. Kim Kibum was actually RyeoWook's childhood friend. When coming to school with him at SM University, he got a job in a workstudy at the admissions office where he was allowed access ot all school records, including those of the students and faculty members.

 

"Hey ShinDong." Kibum answered the call.

 

"Kibum, this is important." ShinDong said, trying to make the phone conversation short. "I need you to look into the transfer student, Cho KyuHyun."

 

"KyuHyun?" Kibum said puzzled, as if he had never heard the name before, but then allowed himself to think. "Oh yeah, he's that transfer student from YG University. We don't have all of his records yet, we are still waiting for them to get shipped. His academic ones is all I can offer you."

 

"That won't do." ShinDong said, seeing if he could think of something. He needed to get as much information on this kid as he could fast.

 

"What is it?" Kibum asked. "Why are you interested in him?"


"He is living with SungMin," ShinDong said. "But I get the feeling that he is connected to HyeKyung's death somehow."

 

Kibum made a humming sound, somewhat like an agreement, so ShinDong assumed he must have been nodding on the other side of the line. "You have odd suspicions," Kibum noted. "But, you've never been wrong before. I'll keep posted as we get more of his files in, is that cool?"

 

"It'll have to do." ShinDong said as he hung up the phone, not even worrying about saying that he was hanging up or anything.

 

***At the Apartment***

 

SungMin walked inside, knowing that ShinDong was already gone. He had seen him leave the apartment and get into his car before driving away. Him and KyuHyun headed back inside, knowing that it would be safe from any arguing. As annoying as the lovley couple could be sometimes, they never did argue or fight. Not with each other and not with anyone, and if they ever did argue, SungMin never heard it. That's what he liked about living with them so much.

 

Suddenly SungMin's ringtone on his phone started going off and when he took it out of his pocket to check and see who it was, he noticed a name that he hadn't seen in three months, HyeSu. He was reluctant to answer the call, but the fact that she was calling him right now may have hinted that she actually cared about him...at least a little bit. He stood from the couch and headed upstairs to his room. "Hello?" He answered as soon as the door closed behind him.

 

"SungMin! Hi!" HyeSu chimed into the phone. "Sorry for calling so randomly. It's been a while, how are things going for you?"

 

"Okay," SungMin said.

 

"I know it must be hard on you sweetie, it's still hard on all of us too." She said. "But hey, ChanHee has been begging to see you ever since the funeral, but I don't think we've even so much as spoke since then. Is it okay if he comes over there and spends some time with you before school starts up?"

 

"I don't know," SungMin said, and the pain in his heart got deeper as he realized that he was even betraying HyeKyung's whole family by allowing himself to get close and fall in love KyuHyun. "I'll have to see what my roommates think about it."

 

"Just let me know." HyeSu said as SungMin headed back down the stairs.

 

He loved ChanHee, one of the only members of HyeKyung's family that SungMin could actually stand. ChanHee was always one of the more accepting members of her family, and maybe it had something to do with the fact that he was only a kid, but SungMin hoped that wasn't the case. He wanted ChanHee to grow up with same carefree and loving personality that he currently possessed, but how many kids actually did? Well, it was possible for HyeKyung. That's why SungMin actually stood a chance with a girl like her.

 

"Hey guys," SungMin said as he made it back to the living room. "HyeSu wants to know if ChanHee can come and stay with us tomorrow?"

 

All of his roommates agreed, all except for one that is. "ChanHee?" KyuHyun said quizzically. SungMin had allowed himself to forget that KyuHyun didn't know HyeKyung's family.

 

"It's HyeKyung's sister and her son." SungMin explained.

 

"Oh, I guess if it's important to you, I don't care who comes over." KyuHyun was sure not to let himself mess up like he did earlier today. From how SungMin was acting around him, he could tell that he was getting the boy to trust him and that was his main goal. He needed not mess anything up now.

 

Author's Note: So like stated above, this is a retype of the chapter. Somethings are changed, and there are some more details added in here. I accidentally deleted this capter, and I didn't have a copy saved on my computer, so I had to retype it myself. I decided to continue on with this one, since you guys seemed to like it so much better and you are more supportive than the readers on the other one. Anyway...I will update the next chapter soon. I planned on starting it tonight, but then I accidentally deleted this one, so I had to start over. 

 

I deleted it by accident while I was trying to delete the 6th chapter to continue this one, since I love you guys. =^.^= I didn't realize that I already deleted the chapter, and accidentally deleted this one as well...so here it is redone. If I can get it done tomorrow, I will upload the next chapter. It's the third week of school now, and homework is piling up quickly, so I have to get it all done before this story. ^^; Anyway~ I hope you guys are looking forward to me continuing this one. You were much more supportive than the other readers, and I love that!

 

Also, I thought that I would add in this part with HyeKyung's nephew coming over to see SungMin because I would find it highly unlikely that her family would just completely forget about SungMin when he had dated HyeKyung for two years.

 

(Since I had to redo this chapter instead of writing the next one, I felt that I should add in some extra features so it's not the same thing twice. I hope you guys enjoy it.) =^.^=

 

And yes, I will have SungMin go on a rollercoaster with his emotions, it'll make the story more interesting I think. (-_^)