Rapid vs. Calm Heart Beats

Skin Ship Devil (DISCONTINUED)

"Ricky and Minhee--you two will be the last group." The teacher finished calling out the groups for the end of the semester English project.

"Yes!" Minhee quietly high-fived Ricky. Students sighed in disappoint at not being paired with their friends. "Aww, Minhee, I wanted to be partners with you," a girl who sits in front of Minhee turned around in her seat and said. 

"Ahh, sorry, maybe next time," Minhee smiled at her. At the end of class, Minhee and Ricky left the classroom together. Ricky immediately rested his arm around Minhee's shoulder. Her face turned red at Ricky's skinship. *What's wrong with me? We always do this.* 

"Are you okay?" Ricky glanced over at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." They continued walking to class. Students stopped to stare at them. Some whispering, "Are those two going out?" and "Aww, they're so cute together!" Minhee reluctantly pushed Ricky away. Ricky blinked at her sudden action. Minhee froze, shocked at what she just did. She quickly regained her train of thought. "Sorry! I'm kind of sick. So you should keep some distance from me." Minhee said.

"Oh, okay..." Ricky had a puzzled look on his face. 

~~~

At the last bell of the day, Minhee quickly packed her things. "Ricky, L.Joe wants me to meet him right away, so we'll talk about the project some other time okay?" Minhee stumbled over some words.

"Sure," he nodded. Before Minhee could walk away, Ricky grabbed her wrist. "Yah, are you avoiding me? You've been running away from me all day." Ricky had a serious look on his face. Her heart started beating rapidly at his touch again. She pulled her arm away from his grasp.

"What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong." She clumsily punched his arm. She laughed awkwardly while slowly backing away, untill she finally just made a run for it out of the door. Ricky watched her run out. He sighed, then slumped back into his seat. *She's avoiding me.*

Minhee quickly found L.Joe at the same spot as always. She collided into him with her arms around him and face burried into his chest. L.Joe wrapped his arms around Minhee's small frame without hesitation. He smirked, "What's with the special treatment all of a sudden?" 

Minhee let go, then took a step back from him. "Oppa, when I was with Ricky today, my heart started beating really fast for no reason. But now that I've hugged you, my heart's calmed down." She placed her hand over her heart and grinned at him. L.Joe raised a brow. *Is that suppose to be a good thing? Wait, what?! Your heart is beating for that guy?*

"Let's go, Oppa," Minhee tugged on the sleeve of his shirt. The two walked in silence, untill L.Joe blurted out, "You like Ricky, huh?" 

"I've actually been thinking about it a lot lately. And...I do like him," the last part of her sentence faded into a whisper. She realized her heart starting to beat fast again, so quickly grabbed onto L.Joe's arm. L.Joe looked down at the confused Minhee, with a dazed stare. *It's the first time you've ever liked a guy besides me and Chunji.*

"Wow, my heart really did calm down after touching you!" Minhee announced, holding on even tighter to his arm. L.Joe shook Minhee off. She stopped walking, confused that he did that. *If you like Ricky, don't use me as someone to just 'calm your heart down'.*

 

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry for such a late update. School is really bleah right now lol. Thanks for reading!~ <3

(updated: 9-8-12)