Chapter 8

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

*Jongin’s P.O.V*

“Luhan! What do I do?” I whined, letting my head drop to the table. We’d just finished a meeting and I’d asked Luhan to stay behind so I could talk to him about a certain someone and his new boyfriend. Luhan sighed, packing away his belongings.

 “I don’t know. I don’t know if Kyungsoo’s serious about Suho but-” My eyes widened and I stopped him.

 “Wait, Kyungsoo isn’t serious about him? Why’s he going out with him then?” I quizzed. Luhan shrugged, nibbling on his bottom lip. I shot him a look, knowing he was hiding something.

 “Fine. I heard Suho and Kyungsoo talking about something earlier. Apparently Kyungsoo was upset that Suho had made something worse, and instead of getting jealous you said goodbye. So I’m guessing Suho must have suggested them dating to make you jealous…but Suho really likes Kyungsoo. He has since we were kids.” Luhan said, nodding his head in affirmation.

 “Suho likes him?” I asked, biting my lip. Lately I’d remembered some more things from the past. Like dates and… certain other things. I was confident that in the past me and Kyungsoo really did love each other. I regret not remembering quicker, It must hurt him a lot. Especially since I was so harsh.

 “What are you going to do?” Luhan asked, punching me in the back. I hunched over the desk, huffing in annoyance.

 “I really don’t know…” My voice trailed off. “Luhan?” His eyes widened a little and he looked afraid. I smirked.

 “How about we make Kyungsoo jealous?”

 “Jongin, really? No. I don’t want to. He’s my friend, Jongin.” He got up from the seat next to him, almost running for the door. I grabbed his arm before he got out of my reach. I pulled the best pleading eyes I could.

 “Come on Hyung. Just this once? I promise I’ll make it up to you?” He narrowed his eyes at me, and then sighed in defeat.

 “Fine. But if this backfires there’s no way I’m going to clean up the mess you’ll make.” I nodded, smiling sweetly.

 “Thank you, saranghae~” I sang. He snatched his arm away from my grasp and narrowed his eyes again, throwing me a quick ‘whatever’ before slamming the conference room door. I placed my chin on my folded palms, letting out a deep sigh. All I wanted now was to get Kyungsoo back.

 

*A Few Hours later, Kyungsoo’s P.O.V*

 “I hate that boyfriend of yours.” A moody Sehun growled from behind me. I twirled round in my chair.

 “Who? Suho? Why?” I asked, genuinely confused.

 “Give it a rest Kyungsoo we all no he isn’t really your boyfriend…” He paused, slumping into his seat. “Jongin!” I narrowed my eyes at him and he pouted back.

 “He isn’t-”

 “You want him to be though.” Sehun said, barging his chair into mine. I glared again, sighing.

 “What did he do?” Sehun let out a small noise of disapproval then placed his head against my desk. I poked at his shoulder, urging him for the answer.

 “Luhan told me he’s going on a date with him.” I froze for a second, and then turned away to look back at the computer screen.

 “So?” I asked, trying to keep my tone convincing, Sehun groaned again.

 “I like Luhan.” This time his voice was quite and timid. I turned back to face him, a small blush covering his cheeks, urging me to pinch at them. Which I did, much to his distaste.

 “Aigoo~ our little baby is growing up.” I pulled at his cheeks some more, then ruffled his hair. He batted my hands away, punching me on the shoulder.

 “Yah! I aren’t a baby!” I shrugged.

 “Saying that makes you more like one.”

 “Hyung!” He whined, resting his head on my shoulder, “What do I do?”

 “I don’t know.” I muttered, patting him on the head.

I spent the rest of my shift listening to Sehun whining, with my mind buzzing with questions, resulting in half my work not being done. I ended up having to stay late, when almost everyone else had gone home.

I sat alone at my desk, all the lights off except from the glow of my computer screen. I drummed my fingers against the desk then hit the save button. Sighing in relief. I could finally leave. I quickly gathered my things, and then scurried for the elevator. I had about 10 minutes before the last train arrived. I fled from the building as quick as I could, arriving at the train station with a few minutes to spare. The platform was almost silent, only a few hushed voiced could be heard. I noticed a familiar figure leaning against the wall and immediately turned around, ducking my head.

 “I thought he had a car why’s he here.” I muttered to myself, pulling my coat tighter around my body. It didn’t seem like he’d noticed me because he didn’t approach. And if he had, he was ignoring me like I was him. The train soon arrived, breaks screeching and disturbing the silence. I took a seat closest to the door, so I wouldn’t have to walk far to get off. I slumped down in my seat when I noticed that familiar figure coming this way, taking a seat opposite me. I pulled to collar of my coat further up, attempting to hide myself more.

 “I’ve already seen you, stop trying to hide. You look stupid.” Jongin’s voice rang through my ears, but I paid no attention to what he told me, still trying to hide myself more. He sighed, turning away.  After a few moments of awkward silence, he spoke again.

 “Kyungsoo, stop it.” I sighed, sitting up straight and adjusting my coat.

 “What do you want?” I asked, avoiding eye contact.

 “Nothing, I’m saving you from looking stupid.” I rolled my eyes.

 “Sehun’s upset.” I said, finally making eye contact.

 “Sehun, or you?” He asked, eyebrows raised. I scoffed, noticing the train was coming to a halt I stood up and ran for the door, avoiding the man trailing behind me at all costs.

The walk home was silent, Jongin was close behind me but not too close. Neither of us said a word. We rode the elevator together, still not uttering a word. For once I was thankful for the annoying music playing, it took away some of the awkwardness from the atmosphere. I ran for my apartment, fumbling with the lock then flinging myself inside. Once in the safety of my own home, I slid down the door.

 “Both.” I muttered to myself, finally answering his question. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aurthor's note:

 

Short again, I know I'm sorry. 
I'll try update next week some time, probably Wednesday.
But I have a GCSE exam on Tuesday and on Friday I have my triple award science exam so I'm busy.
I'll try :D
Sorry for any mistakes!

& Thank you for commenting, subscribing, reading etc! It's always appriciated. I'll try reply to comments when I have time :D