Chapter 11

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

My phone rung from the counter top of my kitchen, disturbing my ‘relaxation cooking’ session. I walked over to it, a frown on my face.

 “Hello?” I answered, a little too sourly.

 “Sorry Kyungsoo, am I disturbing you?” Suho’s voice asked from the other end of the line.

 “Ah, no it’s fine. What’s up?” I asked, checking the cake I was baking through the window in the oven.

 “Actually, I have something to tell you.” He rushed out. He sounded nervous. I bit on my lip, a feeling of dread bubbling in the pit of my stomach, “Kyungsoo? You there?”

 “Oh sorry. What is it?” I asked, not sure if I wanted to hear his answer.

 “Okay, well…please don’t laugh and just hear me out?”

 “I won’t, promise.”

 “Okay…Kyungsoo…” He paused. I heard him take a deep breath and whisper a small ‘Suho, fighting!’ to himself before continuing. “I like you. I mean for real and as more than a friend.”

, , ! What do I do?

 “Suho, I-”

 “Before you talk let me explain. Remember when I confessed way back when we first met? Well, after you rejected me I tried to get over you. I really tried. Then you started dating Jongin and I thought that it could be my chance to fully get over you. But I couldn’t. I still haven’t Kyungsoo. I like you a lot. Do you think that we could maybe go out for real?” I heard him in a breath, waiting anxiously for my reply. I bit my lip. What was I supposed to say? I didn’t see him as anything more than a friend, but I didn’t want to flat out reject him. He coughed awkwardly across before rushing to speak again, not giving my chance to reply.

 “Erm, you don’t have to answer now. I can wait. But don’t make me wait too long. I’ll see you soon. Bye!” He hung up, leaving me staring at the phone in my hand. I paced the kitchen for a while, wondering what I should do. I couldn’t reject him after he’d liked me for so long, it’d hurt him too much, but I couldn’t string him a lot anymore.

 “Damn it Kyungsoo, why are you so nice?” I muttered to myself. The oven beeped, signalling my ‘relaxation cooking’ was over. A knock on the door disturbed me and I quickly rushed to take the cake out of the oven.

 “Give me a minute!” I shouted without thinking. What if it was Suho? I couldn’t face him right now. I settled the cake on the counter then stood by the door for a while, deciding if I should open it or not. The door knocked again and I decided maybe it’d be best to open it, after all it could be important. I slowly opened the door, only to have it pushed open. I jumped back in surprise.

 “Hi Kyungsoo, wow, that smells nice.” Jongin commented plainly as he made his own way into my apartment. I slammed to door shut then scurried after him. He’d settled in the kitchen, staring at the cake with hungry eyes.

 “Can I have some?”

 “Who said you could come in?” I quizzed, huffing in annoyance.

 “Well you didn’t stop me so I let myself in.” He shrugged, pulling a knife out of the draw and grabbing a plate from the cupboard, “Oh I remember where everything is.” He smirked, satisfied. I watched him as he bit into the cake, eyes widening like a child.

 “It tastes so good!” I rolled my eyes.

 “Of course it does. I made it.” I commented, leaning against the counter. For a second I debated why I was talking to him so casually when I was supposed to be mad, but shrugged it off. He chuckled.

 “This was the first thing you made me, right?” My eyes widened and I stared at him, shocked, “Why do you look so surprised, I told you I remembered things.” He sealed it with a smile, a smile that I haven’t seen in a long time. I looked away, determined not to give in yet. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, until I heard Jongin make some sort of strangled cry. I turned around and he was gripping his head, eyes screwed up in pain.

 “Jongin? Jongin, what’s wrong?” I ran over immediately, placing a hand on his shoulder as I tried to communicate with him.

 

*Jongin’s P.O.V*

Being in Kyungsoo’s apartment again was like a smack in the face. Everything was so familiar, right down to the smell. I felt at home, safe, for the first time in months. I smiled contently as I chewed on the cake, my eyes firmly planted on the short man leaning against a counter top not so far away; his head was turned to the side as if he was desperate not to look at me. I chuckled, my eyes raking over his face.

 “So perfect.” I whispered to myself, making sure the older didn’t hear as I was sure it would earn me a smack across the head.

Suddenly, nausea was bubbling in the pit of my stomach and my head started to throb in pain. It was the exact same feeling I’d had when I first remembered Kyungsoo’s face. I prepared myself for the pain that was about to come as I felt myself losing control of my body slowly. The fork slipped from my hands, clattering against the plate. I gripped my head; the pressure against my skull was almost unbearable. I faintly heard Kyungsoo calling my name, his face blurred in and out of focus, but I managed to catch the worried expression on his face before I felt myself falling.

 

I couldn’t tell if I was awake or not, everything was black but I felt like my eyes were open. I couldn’t move my limbs, I was paralyzed. No matter how much I tried to move I couldn’t.

Soon, voices began filling my head, a first they were distorted and raspy but they gradually became clear. Soon images came along with them, and then they began moving. Was I finally remembering everything? I saw Kyungsoo, my family, friends, small parts of my childhood I didn’t even know I’d even forgotten. I saw my 10th birthday, all my old friends from primary school laughing as a boy called Sehun pushed my head into a cake, my graduation day, my first day at the office, the first time I slept with Kyungsoo, the time when his friends mom passed and all he could do was cry because he was so worried about his friend and the time when we argued for the first time then cried together about it afterwards. I saw everything, right up until the crash. I remember the last thought on my mind before the truck hit us, that I loved Kyungsoo, nothing else mattered as long as he wasn’t hurt.

 

I was suddenly filled with despair and desperation.

 I loved Kyungsoo, I needed him. The thought of him even holding another man, or woman’s hand scared me to death. I couldn’t stand it. I wanted to call out to him and sob into his shoulder. I needed to tell him how sorry I was for being such a jerk. I needed to tell him, to show him, how much I loved him. I willed myself to wake up and slowly I did. My body was heavy, trying to go against my will but I wouldn’t let it. I just needed to see his face.

 

 “Kyungsoo,” I croaked out, my voice was nothing more than a mere whisper. I felt a warm hand squeeze mine.

 “Jongin, are you okay?” He whispered back, hovering over me. He used his hand to wipe the sweat from my fore head, his eyes filled with tears. I stared at him, a small smile making it’s way onto my lips.

 “I’m fine. I need to-”

 “Don’t talk for now, okay? Just in case.” Kyungsoo muttered.

 “But-”

 “Don’t talk.” He whispered, his hand cupping my cheek in a loving way. I shut up, pulling him closer to me. My eye lids began to droop, this time from exhaustion.

 “Sleep and we’ll talk in the morning.” Kyungsoo whispered from my side.

 “Fine, but get in.” I said my voice still a little croaky. I pat the spot on the bed next to me. I cracked an eye open, watching as he debated whether to or not. Quickly growing impatient I tugged the cover away from myself and pulled him down beside me. He yelped a little but quickly calmed down when I buried my head in the crook of his neck and placed my arms tightly around his waste, pulling him as close to my stomach as I could. I felt myself quickly slipping out of consciousness, but before I could I managed to call out Kyungsoo’s name.

 “Kyungsoo,” I muttered in his ear. He shivered a little.

 “Yah! I told you to rest!” He lightly scolded me.

 “I love you.” I heard him gasp a little before sleep claimed me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aurthor's note:

There's only a few chapters left now. I wanted to carry on with it a bit more but I have some really good fic ideas and
I don't like how I've wrote this story, so I don't want to drag it out any longer. It seems really crappy to me. 
But since it was a 'warm up' fic after I haven't wrote for a long time I'm not suprised 
I'll try finish this by Christmas cause I want to end it with a bit of Christmasy fluff for you guys ;D
So updates will probably be more frequent from now on. I'm already half way through the next chapter but I have homework so I can't finish it off.
 
 
Thanks for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and reading.
It means a lot! ♥