Chapter 6

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

*Jongin’s POV*

I’d started remembering things now, but I couldn’t recognise anyone when I did. Faces were always blurred and voices were always dishevelled. It was getting annoying. But one thing I did know is that I remembered these things around either Luhan or Kyungsoo. I sighed, falling back against my bed. My eyes racked over the suit hung up on the knob of my wardrobe and I grimaced. It was some sort of company party tonight. Kyungsoo had told me it was to celebrate the joining of my fathers and his friends companies. Honestly I thought it wasn’t a good move, but I don’t have a say in things like that yet.

 

Something weird has been happening lately, Kyungsoo seems to be trying to avoid me. This, I find strange considering he was pestering me 24/7 when I was in the hospital and when I first got out. I wouldn’t admit it to anyone but I kind of missed him. I’d been spending a lot of time with Luhan as well; since Kyungsoo had decided to start avoiding me I still needed someone to help me at work. Seems that me and Luhan had always been pretty close, but he still talked a lot about Kyungsoo. He'd confronted me not so long ago, asking me why I was being like this. Honestly, I, myself really don't know why I give Kyungsoo the cold shoulder so much.
I groaned then pulled myself up from my bed, then began changing, slightly dreading the night ahead. I didn’t like things like this, as far as I can remember it’d be full of rich snobs, trying to wave their money in your face. I was allowed to bring a guest. I’d asked Luhan but he’d told me he was going out with a friend, so I managed to collar Kyungsoo in the elevator at work. He firmly denied at first, but I’d taken it upon myself to barge into his apartment earlier and remind him he needed to be ready in an hour, he started at me shocked, a tub of ice cream in his hands as he sat on the couch watching some sort of drama. I kept all snide remarks to myself and pulled a suit out of his closet then threw it at him. He whined about it for a while but eventually agreed. I mentally noted to ask Kyungsoo why he was avoiding me.

 

*Kyungsoo’s POV*

I really, really hate this. Kim Jongin, you're dead.

I stood in a corner of the large hall with a glass of wine in my hand, alone. Jongin had ditched me and told me to stay put while his father and he greeted some of the guests. People keep glancing at me, as if they can tell I don’t have as much money as them, it was intimidating. I felt like I was some sort of freak compared to them.
Why did I even agree? Sure Jongin had whined at me, almost begged, for me to come but I could have denied him. I’ve been trying to lay low for a little while, hoping that maybe he’d remember this way because he missed me of something. But so far there where no signs he did. He hadn’t even uttered a word to me, apart from when he’d told me to come here.  I sipped at my wine, feeling out of place. The air was thick with the smell of expensive foods, wine and perfumes. Everyone was dressed perhaps too elaborately from a company gathering.

 “Kyungsoo?” I let my gaze fall on the woman that stood by my side. Jongin’ mom. “Jongin brought you a long then?” I nodded, smiling as I took my last gulp of wine. She smiled at me before talking again.

 “So how’s it going?” I immediately bit down on my lip, “Is he remembering yet?”

 “No,” I sighed, “Not that I know of anyway. Sometimes I’ll think he’s remembering things but he never really says anything about it. I don’t want to ask him because I’m scared he’ll get sick of me asking.” She gave me a sad smile, patting me on the shoulder.

 “Give it time Kyungsoo, please?” She asked. I nodded, sighing. We quickly moved on from the subject.

 “Mom?” Jongin questioned as he jogged back over. He looked surprised to see us talking in such a friendly manner. She beamed at Jongin before taking her leave.

 “How are you guys so close?” Jongin questioned me, handing me another glass of wine from a waiter that walked by. I pondered the thought of telling him the real reason, but shook it off. I just shrugged, not wanting to cause any arguments. We stayed quiet from a while until Jongin spoke again.

 “So, why have you been avoiding me lately?” I mentally cursed him. I’d been hoping he wouldn’t mention anything about that.  I shifted awkwardly, coughing. My mind buzzed as I tried to think of an excuse. Jongin stood in front of me with  a patient look on his face, but I could tell that it was quickly fading.

 “I was just…” I paused a moment. I’d spoken with out thinking so I had no idea what to say, “Busy.”

 “Really?” Jongin mused.  I tried to nod convincingly. I couldn’t tell if he believed me.

 “Okay, well come with me.” He said before patting me on the back lightly, signalling for me to walk. He lead me through the hall, bowing his head slightly every time someone greeted him.

 “Where are we going?” I asked as he brought me through a pair of large doors.

 “I just wanted to get out of there. I hate things like this.”

 “I know,” I muttered. He glanced at me, I expected some sort of glassy look but instead it was sympathetic.

He stopped when we reached a large empty balcony that looked out on the garden below us. We stood in silence for a while, it wasn’t at all awkward but I began to become uncomfortable when I realised Jongin was staring at me, his eyes full of confusing.

 “What is it?” I asked, blushing slightly. I began feeling my face. “Is there something on my face?” He shook his head, eyes not leaving my face still. I ducked away from his gaze. I played with the sleeves of my suit, chewing on my bottom lip. He finally turned away and I let out a deep breath.

 “Kyungsoo,” He spoke, his voice was somewhat nervous and shaky. I turned to face him, to find him looking at me again from the corner of his eye. He leant over the railing around the balcony a little, picking at some loose paint that was peeling away. “Can I try something?” He asked with a little more confidence, but hesitation was still apparent.

 “Depends on what it is.” I shrugged. He grabbed my wrist lightly, turning me to face him. He placed one hand on my cheek. I widened my eyes in shock at the sudden contact and he let out a small chuckle.

 “You know, you’re cute when you do that.” I blushed again, trying to avert my eyes from his.

 “Look at me Kyungsoo.” He told me, his voice was slightly desperate and demanding. I let my eyes meet his. I hadn’t been so close to him in a long time and it was a little overwhelming for me. When I looked into his eyes he was the same old Jongin, the one that I used to know. He was still there; I just needed to find him. He smiled, pulling me towards him by the back of my neck slowly and gently. I gasped a little, realising our lips were now only a matter of inches apart.

 “J-Jongin.” I stuttered. Had he remembered something? He hmm’d in reply, looking at me though half lidded eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, instead I bit down on my lip, glancing nervously at the floor.

 “Kyungsoo.” He breathed, pulling me a little closer. He stared into my eyes, being so close it would have been intimidating if I wasn’t so overwhelmed. He closed the distance between us and I felt like all the air had instantly been knocked out of me. Tears pricked my eyes and one ran down the frame of my face. I’d missed this. I’d missed it so much. It only took me a few seconds to kiss him back. He tugged on my neck a little, deepening the kiss just a tiny bit more. My mind went blank and Jongin was all I cared about in the moment. He pulled away, a distant look on his face. He stared at me a few moments, I watched as his features turned cold.

 “Just as I thought…nothing.” He walked away. I stood, dumbfounded. I didn’t even realise the tears that now coated my cheeks.

Kim Jongin, you will be the death of me.

 

 

 

*Jongin’s P.O.V*

 

Way to go Kim Jongin, you cruel, heartless bastard.

 

I mentally cursed at myself as I walked away. Why had I done that? I’d lied to him. I felt something alright, I felt a lot. The hurt in his eyes when I walked away, it was almost unbearable. The image haunted me as I sat in the front of my car, fingers digging into the steering wheel in frustration. I noticed Kyungsoo coming out of the building. He hobbled slightly, trying to duck his gaze from any passers by. They still noticed, giving him odd looks as if he was some sort of mad man. I clutched the door handle, debating going after him. As he came into view my head throbbed, I instantly brought a palm to my head, massaging my skin hoping the pain would fade. Instead it increased. My vision became hazy and my head spun. Voices flooded my head. Everything was black and I couldn’t see a thing.


 

“Yah! I’ve been waiting 15 minutes, will someone take my order?!” I called out, drumming my fingers against the smooth service of a counter top. I’d been waiting here for a while now, no one seemed to have noticed me enter and take a seat. I glanced around, eyes darting from waiter to waiter. One particularly short one began making his way toward my table. Finally.

“Sorry for the wait sir,” He spoke, a clearly over exaggerated smile on his lips, I noticed his name tag. ‘Do Kyungsoo’ “What would you like to order?”

“Naengmyeon,” I quickly replied, trying to hide any of the annoyance in my voice. By the way he flinched slightly; I guess it wasn’t working so well.

 He nodded, “Anything else?”

“No, that’s all,” He nodded again, quickly scribbling down the table number and order before scurrying off.

I watched as he ran off, shouting my order into the kitchen before making his way around other tables. He was interesting to watch. He kind of resembled a puppy, the way he ran around with out a care it the world. Not to mention those unusually large eyes for a Korean. I chuckled inwardly, my stomach rumbling.

I felt someone’s eyes on me so I glanced up, the waiter was making his way towards me. I watched as his eyes avoided mine, a light blush quickly spreading on his cheeks. I smirked happily to myself as he placed the tray on my table, before bowing then walking off quickly.

I noticed the glances he’d steal; honestly I was doing the same thing. Other wise I wouldn’t have caught him. Never the less I smirked each time our eyes met, loving the way he ducked his head in embarrassment but a small smile would rise on his lips. He seemed interesting.

He came back over when he noticed I’d finished my meal, he seemed to be hesitant as he’d pause every so often.

 “It’s about time,” I commented.

 “Sorry for the wait, here’s the bill. You can just leave the money on the table before you leave,” He spoke. His voice was soothing. I couldn’t help but think how nice it would be to fall asleep listening to him. As if out of instinct I reached out and gripped his wrist. He yelped in surprise.

“Wait,” I made sure my voice was soft now, “I, erm, I know this will sound weird but, can I have your number?”
 

I regained my vision. Kyungsoo, you really weren’t lying to me, were you? I sighed, hitting the steering wheel in annoyance. My eyes darted around the car park. He’d gone.

Maybe it’s just best I stay away. It’ll only hurt him more if I reject him like that again.

 

 

 

 










Aurthor's note:
Oh I'm so mean >:)  
Sorry if this is crappy, it feels kind of rushed :/ 
I checked over a few times so there shouldn't be any mistakes, but if you do spot any let me know please! :D

As always, Thank you for all the support! I'm sorry I'm falling behind with updates but school is hard :(
I hope you understand
Thank you!! <3