Chapter 3

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asked the moment I stepped into his room. I closed the door and stood at the end of his bed.

“I thought since you couldn’t remember I’d help you remember.” I stated, setting my bag on the table then taking a seat by his bed. He rolled his eyes, looking away from me.

“I told you not to come here anymore.” He muttered, leaning back and placing his hands behind his head. I sighed and looked at my feet as we slowly sunk back into that painfully familiar awkward atmosphere. Initially I’d thought it would be easier than this to get Jongin to remember, but it was proving to be harder that I thought. A lot harder. No matter how much I tried he’d just brush me off and tell me that he was tired or didn’t want my help. But I’d made a promise, so I was keeping it. I was determined to have to old Jongin back.

“Look,” I started. When he didn’t look up I lightly punched his shoulder.

“Who do you think you’re touch-” I cut him off.

“I’m trying to help you. Why don’t you want my help?” I asked, sighing. I got out of hospital a week ago and started work again in the office a few days ago but I made sure I visited whenever I could. Jongin worked in the same office, in fact he’s my boss’ son, so once he left the hospital, I could pester him all I wanted. Honestly, I felt alone without the Jongin I knew, I was used to having him around all the time. Our apartments are just a few doors away from each other, on the same floor and he often stays with me and  I’d often stay with him. We rarely stayed alone. We even had clothes for ourselves in each others apartments, so when Jongin wasn’t with me I felt lonely. I was so used to having him running around my flat hiding clothes, or playing songs on full blast and trying to get me to do the dances with him, or begging me to cook him kimchi spaghetti when we got home from work and then at the end of the day making me sing for him so he could fall asleep peacefully. Since the accident things haven’t been the same. Especially Jongin. He’s completely different. He’s a lot more moody and arrogant. He refuses anyones help, even his own mothers. He is completely against the fact that I am his lover. His mom told me that he used to be like this before he’d met me. I decided that was reasonable considering his performance at the restaurant 2 years ago.

“Are you even listening to me?” Jongin snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?” I turned my attention back to him.

“I said, I’ve remembered a lot of things right? Important things, like my family for instance. Or my job? So why would I just forget everything to do with you? How’s that  even possible? You aren’t lying just to get with me, are you?” He scoffed.

“I told you already I aren’t lying to you,” I muttered. I was becoming tired of this. Day after day he’d refuse my help, and each time I’d feel myself breaking a little. “I’m telling the truth Jongin, why don’t you believe me?” He sighed before replying.

“Because, I know me. I wouldn’t date someone like you.” I closed my eyes.

“Someone like me? Why? What am I like?” I asked. I hoped that somehow he’d delve deep into his brain and rake his memories, trying to bring out all the little things he knew about me then that would make him remember. But my hopes were only feeble. I could feel myself giving up already and it’d only just started.

“I don’t know,” He muttered, then looked up at me. “But I wouldn’t date someone like you.” The way he looked at me stung. I didn’t even need him to explain what he thought of me. It was clear in his eyes that I disgusted him. He took a deep breath in before speaking again.

“Look, I know you mean well, but I wouldn’t forget someone that mattered to me,” With each word I could feel my heat breaking. I stood up not wanting to hear this. “Wait. Listen to me.” I stopped, my hand gripping the door handle.

“Don’t come here again,” He spoke the words with such ease. “I don’t need to remember you.” I gripped the door handle tighter, the metal dug into my fingers and my knuckles went white.

“If I really ever cared, if I really had loved you…I wouldn’t have forgotten.” I closed my eyes, and then opened the door. I softly shut it and leant my back on the wall beside the door. I let my body slide down it until I hit the floor. My eyes shut again, but I could feel eyes on me. I let the tears fall from my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I buried my face in my hands, trying to hold in my sobs.

 

Jongin-ah, do you really not care? Do you really not want to remember?










Aurthor's note:
This is really short I know, but I wanted to break it up. The next chapter will probably be up in a few hours, tomorrow at the latest. Sorry I didn't update for so long, I'm back now though :D
Oh and thank you again for all the subs and comments, I'll get round to replying to you all at some point :p