The Next Day

More Than Friends

Wow. Jay was currently your temporary roommate. It all seemed like a dream. The perfect dream. But thankfully, it was reality. It was finally morning. Yesterday felt like it went by like a breeze. You still were lying down in bed in dreamland. Jay went upstairs and headed for your room, which he still remembered. He opened the door slightly and took a look around. It was then when he saw you still sleeping that he decided to open the door wider and walk closer to you. He looked at you for a while. You looked like a mess. Some of your blankets and pillows were on the floor, your hair was all tangled up and all over the place and your arms and legs was all spread out like a disoriented octopus. Jay let out a small smirk when he saw how messy you were.

 

“Yah Shinhye, wake up.” He said.

 

You turned your back to him—still asleep.

 

“Shinhye.” He said again. This time placing a hand on your exposed shoulder and shaking it slightly.

 

You didn’t move this time.

 

“Wake up!” He began to get irritated and shook you again—harder.

 

He stopped shaking and looked at you for a while. How do I wake her up?

 

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” He yelled repeatedly as loud as he could.

 

After that, you still were asleep. He was amazed at how much of a deep sleeper you were. You didn’t wake up to anything. Someone could be hitting you with a pillow and you still wouldn’t wake up.

 

A wide smile appeared on his face, “Ah~ I know now…” He said, sitting on the side of your bed and looking at your body. He then reached out his hands and placed them on your ribs. He looked at your face before moving his fingers tightly. He was tickling you. This caused you to jolt up and squirm around on your bed.

 

“A- ah! J-jay! No-no… Stop!” You managed to let out under your laughs.

 

“Nope.” He said with a smile on his face and kept tickling you.

 

You were an extremely ticklish person. And he was the only person you knew that found a spot that made you go crazy. The fact that you looked like a worm on fire at the moment made him smile. He was enjoying this.

 

You tried to fight back and pushed him away with both of your hand on his chest and stomach which made you feel his chocolate abs. He was wearing a tight white shirt that revealed his abs and some black gym shorts with white stripes on the bottom. You didn’t care about how y he looked at the moment considering he was causing you to go crazy—being the extremely ticklish person you were.

 

He was too strong for you to push away so he stayed still. He noticed your hands and smirked, pulling you closer to him for a tight hug which made you surprised at the sudden action. Now you weren’t laughing—just in the warm arms of your secret crush. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. What is happening?! You were going crazy in your mind but managed to stay calm on the outside with a poker face on. Your body was pressed up against his and you felt his abs. You were only wearing a tank top—yes, no bra.

 

There you were in his arms. You were so close to him. You could feel his warmth all over your body. This was probably the first time that you’ve guys been body to body for a long time. I mean, sure you guys have hugged—a lot actually—but not this long. You were slightly turning bright red.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!” you quickly pulled away from Jay’s arms and looked at him.

 

He let out a laugh, “What? You didn’t wanna wake up.”

 

“So you tickle me? No simple ‘Hey Shinhye, wake up’?”

 

“I did Shinhye, you’re a deep sleeper.  Now come on. I made breakfast.” He got up from your bed, exited your room and walked back downstairs to set up the dining table.

 

You sighed in defeat and sat up from your bed. It’s true; you’re a really deep sleeper. You couldn’t really wake up even if someone was hitting you repeatedly with a pillow unless you were tickled. You’re a very ticklish person. Jay was the only one who knew a certain part where you would go nuts. Guess he remembered that about me. You thought as you smiled. Wait? He made breakfast? You remembered what he said before he left your room. Now you never ever tasted his cooking throughout all of the years that you’ve known him but you saw a cut of him on the show called ‘Idol Army’ when he was still in 2pm.

 

Jay and Wooyoung were in charge for making breakfast for the other members. It was a disaster. In the beginning Jay was washing the rice and he put the rice on the rice cooker… he forgot to press the ‘cook’ button. Next, he was making 7 fried eggs at the same time and he put sesame oil on the eggs. Then he started cooking potstickers. He put sesame oil, showered them in soy sauce and put ground pepper. You smirked and let out a laugh as you thought about how terrible he was at cooking. Wooyoung was in charge of the kimchi chigae. He was putting darts in the kimchi instead of slicing it and he forgot the pork which he sliced using a…  Take a guess... No. You’re wrong. He used a pair of kitchen scissors. When he took a sip of his kimchi, he found out that it tasted horrible. So he put salt and instant ramen seasoning on it. You couldn’t stop laughing when you were watching it.

 

“This should be interesting.” You said as you got up from your bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

 

~

 

You looked at the table as you were walking to the dinner table. The food looked edible. It made your mouth water. But you approached it cautiously and examined the food. It was fried eggs and kimchi chigae, just like the breakfast in ‘Idol Army.’

 

“Watcha doing~?” Jay asked as he looked at you with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Oh, just looking.” You answered while sitting down and staring at the kimchi chigae. It looked really good.

 

He waited for you to take a bite.

 

You took your spoon and got a bit of soup and brought it close to your mouth. You were hesitant. You didn’t know if the food he cooked would taste good or not.

 

“Hurry up and eat it man.” He said.

 

You closed your eyes to prepare your taste buds and took a sip of it. You widened your eyes when the taste finally hit your tongue. One spoonful filled your insides and pleased your taste buds. Your eyes lit up in sparkles. It was like heaven--in food form. He smiled as he saw your reaction.

 

“Is it good?” he asked, already knowing the answer.

 

You nodded quickly, “It’s so good! It seems like you improved your cooking skills.”

 

He looked at you with a confused face, “Bwoh? I improved? You never tasted my cooking… How did you know that I at it?”

 

“U-uh... I watched an episode of ‘Idol Army’ where you and Wooyoung cooked breakfast…” you stuttered and said quietly.

 

Oh my god. Did I just tell him that? You thought. You didn’t really want him to know how much you spent time on the internet watching videos of him in variety shows. You didn’t want him to think that you were obsessed with him.

 

He stayed in silence for a bit and tried to recall that episode in ‘Idol Army’, “Ah~ that. Haha I remember that. That was some funny . Wait, you watch episodes of variety shows that I’m in?”

 

“Uh… uh… yeah…” You answered, looking down at the food and getting another spoonful to avoid eye contact. There was no point in lying. He wouldn’t even believe it. You were a terrible liar.

 

It was silent.

 

I think he thought it was weird… Omo, what am I going to do?  You thought as you took another bite.

 

Hm, so she watches them… Now I need to make sure I look good. Jay thought, feeling satisfied because of your answer.

 

He smiled, “That’s cool~”

 

You looked up at him surprised, “Chinja?”

 

He nodded, smiling wider, “Yeah, of course.”

 

You looked down to hide the smile on your face and continued eating.

 

~

 

After breakfast you and Jay watched t.v in the living room. Your phone beeped on the coffee table, indicating that you have a new message. You reached out your arm to get your phone and opened the message. It was your best friend, Min Jee.

 

Bestie: [Shinhye!]

 

Sent: [Yeah?]

 

Bestie: [Are we still going to the pool later?]

 

 

Crap. I forgot.

 

 

“Who is it?” Jay asked, looking at you.

 

“It’s Min Jee.”

 

Yes. He knew Min Jee too. And Min Jee was aware that you had the illest crush on Jay.

 

I still haven’t told her that Jay is staying with me…

 

 

Sent: [Oh um, yeah. Let’s go now?]

 

Bestie: [Yeah sure :P]

 

 

You got up from your couch and started to walk upstairs.

 

“Where are you going?” Jay asked with a confused face.

 

“I’m going to the pool with Min Jee.” You answered.

 

“Oh.” Jay said as he looked back at the t.v.

 

You went up to your room and rummaged through your drawers to find your black bikini that showed of your curvy body. You didn’t have the biggest rack and cakes—but you definitely had them. You took off your shirt, leaving you in your bra and looked around—still looking for your bikini.

 

Jay opened the door and quickly covered his eyes with his remaining hand and turned his head when he saw you in your bra, "Hey Shinhye, I wanna--oh, oh my god! I'm sorry!" 

You quickly grabbed a hold of your shirt and covered yourself, "Park Jaebeom!" You yelled out, furious. 

He uncovered his eyes once you were covered and looked at you for a while. Damn... She looks good... He thought. 

"Jay." You said. 

He snapped out of his trance, "H-huh... What?"

"Why didn't you ing knock?"

"I uh... Thought you weren't changing yet." He answered nervously, looking down a bit. 

You sighed, "Well what do you want?"

He looked up at you, making eye contact, "Can I go to the pool with you guys?" I wanna be with you. Jay thought. 

You looked at him confused. He said that he wanted to stay home earlier. 

"Well?" He asked, awaiting your answer. 

"Sure." You finally replied. "Do you have swim trunks?" 

He nodded as an answer and slightly bowed. 

You tilted your head at his weird action. ...What is he doing? You thought. 

"Mianhe. For going into your room without knocking. He apologized before walking out to go downstairs. You closed the door and turned around, your back being exposed. Hm. That was weird. You thought. 

 

~

 

You went downstairs with your hair up and you were wearing black booty shorts and a white see-through shirt that showed your bikini top and tan line and some Ray Bans. Jay was standing there, looking at you. He was wearing swim shorts and a white shirt. Geez. She looks… unf. Jay thought as he had his mouth wide open and his eyes glued onto your face and body.

 

You looked behind you and back at him, “What are you looking at?”

 

He snapped back to himself and glanced down at the couch and fixed the messed up pillows to try to look as he was occupied and he did not just drool over his best friend in a bikini. “U-uh, nothing. I was just thinking about something.”

 

You shook your head and smirked. You couldn’t believe that he just made up a retarded excuse. You saw him. You saw how his eyes were on you. Tch. I guess boys need to be boys sometimes even if it means fantasizing about your own best friend in a dirty way. You thought.

 

Aish. Why does she have to be so cute? Now to add on to that, she’s wearing something so revealing that’s making me go crazy. I don’t want our friendship to be messed up. Man, these feelings keep ing this up. Jay thought.

 

 “Min Jee’s at the pool now. We should probably go.” You suggested as you looked at your phone and replied to Min Jee’s text.

 

“Arrasso.” He said, getting his stuff ready and walked towards you.

 

He wrapped an arm around your waist and pushed you softly to the front door, “Kaja.” You glanced at his arm that was wrapped around your waist which made you blush. You tried to hide your face by slightly looking down but he looked at you with a smile and stupid you decided to look up at him and you turned red because of his killer smile.

 

Now when I say ‘killer smile’ I mean that his smile makes you die a little inside due to the fact that his smile was absolutely gorgeous. Whenever he smiled, his eyes curved as if they were smiling along and his white teeth showed a lot. Sometimes if he really smiled, they could be a bit gummy. His smile was like a little boy’s and it made you feel warm inside.

 

You guys got out of your house and went outside to the hot atmosphere of the outside world. It was the end of Spring in New York now and your vacation was drawing near. So I guess Jay coming at this time was a coincidence? A good coincidence actually.

 

The walk to the pool—which was like a couple of blocks away—was peaceful. You and your best friend had good and random conversations like old times which you enjoyed so very much. He’s still the same Jay after all. You thought. Since he was some y and famous idol, you thought he would’ve changed. You thought he would’ve been an annoying prick with a big ego but no—he still remained as the cute, playful and the Jay Park that you loved.

 

You finally arrived to the pool and Min Jee was sitting on one of the chairs. She still hasn’t gotten in the water yet. It seems that she was waiting for you.

 

“Min Jee~!” You called out.

 

She looked at the direction of your voice and smiled when she saw you, “Oh Shinhye! You’re finally he—“

 

Her sentence was cut off when she saw Jay walking next to you, “Jay?” She said with a confused face.